Reload this Page >

The Consolidated LAX Parking Thread (2001 - 2021) [Archived]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 30, 2017, 8:36 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
Newer posts on this topic have been relocated to a new thread.The Consolidated LAX Parking Thread (2019 - Date)
Print Wikipost

The Consolidated LAX Parking Thread (2001 - 2021) [Archived]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2005, 5:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian
This topic is often discussed in the LA Area Airports Forum; you might want to do a search there.
Whoa... all this time here, and I never realized there was an LAX forum. Sorry! Mods: You can move this if you want.
Old Sep 1, 2005, 6:00 pm

Programs: Ex-CO Silver
QuikPark has indoor parking and a coupon on their website which gives you 1 free day if you park for a minimum of 3 days. This would amount to $36.15 for 4 days including tax.
Old Sep 1, 2005, 6:21 pm

Programs: QF Silver
I have to agree with Scandalous. After using the ???park companies I've wound up back to Lot B due to the spotty shuttle service of the private firms. Have also received several door dings from the inside lots (have to believe they park 'em in tight). Perhaps some of the larger hotels might offer a better service. Anyway where else can you get your Tony Alamo fix delivered right to your windshield?
Old Sep 2, 2005, 10:33 am

When we went to Hawaii this July, we parked at the LAXParking Center on S La Cienega Blvd for about $62 for 9 days. There was a coupon on their web site for like $5 off. We self parked in a covered parking structure and the shuttle took us over to LAX. It was just a few minutes drive. The parking structure is just right off 405. Pick up was really easy also. The minute we got in, we called the 800 number and someone was there within 5-10 minutes to pick us up.
Old Sep 3, 2005, 6:11 pm
ewj

Programs: Hilton Gold, SPG PLAT, NWA Plat
Originally Posted by IceTrojan
Anyone have a favorite or one they recommend?

Shocking (I know), but I'm actually unfamiliar with the parking lots at LAX, since I usually have a ride, or rideshare with a traveling companion.

I'm looking for 1) price, then 2) security. I like Park One, but it's $53+ for 4 days, including the WN RR discount (20%). Don't feel like payin

Anyone experience 105 Airport Parking?

The hotels around LAX. Sheraton Gateway, Four Points, Hilton Garden Inn offer cheaper parking then most of the lots. Some car rentals (Fox) have gotten into the act with very good pricing.
Old Sep 3, 2005, 8:13 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, UA Silver, HHDmd, MBvLTPLT, PCAmb/Dmd, HYT Dis
I second the Parking Spot Sepulveda recommendation from FlyinHawaiian..

- Easiest/quickest access to the terminals since it is right next to the entrance ramp past Sepulveda and Lincoln
- Choice of valet, covered, or roof-top parking
- Lots of available discounts (10-15% on their website, valet at rooftop price in Valpaks, and corporate programs that offer 20% off)
- Reward program to earn free days
- Free bottled water
- Ticketless entrance/exit if you have a Parking Spot VIP card
- Online access to pre-reserve parking for busy weekends/times

And on top of that, it is a relatively new structure, well lit, and the folks are generally friendly and willing to assist with bags and other needs. Only issue is that if you park on the roof, the elevator does not run up there, so you have to take the stairs down one flight and then walk to the center.

I used the AMPCO (Sheraton) and Hilton lots before finding the Parking Spot Sepulveda. I now use the Parking Spot exclusively.
Old Sep 3, 2005, 8:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
I've used the Parking Spot in the past, and I like the proximity.

BTW, WN RR members get 20% off by showing their cards.

Also, I ended up using my favoriate, "BuddyPark"... secured parking with 24-hr surveillance I can trust... personalized door-to-terminal transportation and pickup on the return... and all it cost me was a meal
Old Sep 4, 2005, 12:56 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian
This topic is often discussed in the LA Area Airports Forum; you might want to do a search there.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=547

That being said, I park at the Parking Spot (Sepulveda) and am very happy with the overall experience. I believe they have a 15% coupon on their website right now. They also have points based reward system.

www.theparkingspot.com
For housekeeping and future searches, let's move this to the LAX forum.

cblaisd
Senior Moderator
Old Sep 4, 2005, 10:44 pm
jsm

Location: Northridge, CA, - AA EXP 3 MM , Bonvoy Ambassador, Hertz PC, Lots of other programs and points
Here is a link to a SPAM thread that offers a free day of parking at The Parking Spot:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=466782

They also give a AAA discount.

Enjoy

Josh
Old Sep 8, 2005, 11:14 pm

Originally Posted by chemist661
I parked at 105 airport parking a few months ago. I used a discount coupon. You could try www.longtermparking.com/coupons/cp105.htm. If you get a bad link, you could try to input the address again. As an alternate, you could google for "105 airport parking coupon" and the first listing is.....
I've recently switched to 105 Airport Parking, I use to use QuikPark or the Crowne Plaza since these 2 offer a AAA discount. However, I've been screwed twice by QuikPark when using coupons and the Crowne Plaza's shuttle can be a pain when returning on a Sunday night. It's usually full since it's also the hotel shuttle and several airlines use the hotel for their layover crews. It's not uncommon for the shuttle to bypass you at LAX if it's already full.

The 105 Airport Parking coupon on their WEBSITE gives you 1 free day w/2 days; 2 free days w/5 days, & 3 free days w/10 days. I self-park and have always been able to park indoors, never having to park on the roof.
Old Sep 9, 2005, 3:26 pm

I also use the Parking Spot. You may pay a few dollars more than the cheapest parking lot out there but having waited outside LAX to be picked up, I've noticed that The Parking Spot has by far the most frequent van turn around.

Beware, it really isn't worth saving a few dollars if you ended up standing outside the airport after a long flight waiting and waiting to get back to your car.

Alexandra
Old Sep 15, 2005, 1:48 pm

Wally Park - What's going on with the bad service?

In 4 of the past 5 times I’ve parked there in the last three months, my car hasn’t been ready when I get dropped off back at the garage. Then I’m usually waiting for ten minutes before I get my car. If I’m paying valet rates, I want valet service. People who got on the vans AFTER me had their car waiting for them at the drop off spot each time. I could’ve walked to my car and been on the road faster than it took for them to get my car. I talked to Max (a supervisor) the last time and he discounted my charge to the standard, non-valet rate. That’s been frustrating enough.

Last night, I got in from flight 307 into Terminal 6 at LAX and I waited outside for maybe 7-8 mins before I saw a Wally Park van. But the van was in the far LEFT lane and he only had TWO people on the van. Why would this driver be in the far left lane if his van was practically empty? I’ve been told over and over again by the Wally Park supervisors that the drivers are told to stop at EVERY red zone for pickups. Well, you can’t stop for passengers in the far left lane. I waved to the driver, who clearly saw me as he turned his head when I waved him down but he kept driving. It took nearly another fifteen minutes for another Wally park van to pick me up. Twenty minutes for a shuttle?!?!? And I know it wasn’t just me because there were a good dozen more people at T7 waiting for a van and they were also complaining about waiting over 20 mins. In my time waiting for Wally Park to pick me up, I saw exactly NINE Parking Spot vans drive by for both the Century and Sepulveda locations combined. When I got back to the garage, I talked to a van supervisor and he told me that he didn’t understand why I waited for so long. There weren’t short of drivers or vans.

Should I switch to The Parking Spot? The reason I’ve stayed with Wally Park is because of the Wally Guard. I like my car and want to keep it ding free but these incidents are enough to cause me to change.

Am I alone in my frustration?
Old Sep 24, 2005, 10:00 am

Originally Posted by ILoveLA
A lot of LAX airport hotels have stay-and-park deals. You would drive from San Diego the day before your flight, have a good rest and leave your car there.
anyone know of a hotel that has a stay and park deal?
Old Sep 26, 2005, 9:38 am
Scandalous

Last edited by Scandalous; Nov 15, 2005 at 6:35 pm Reason: Deleted by user due to uneasiness with flyertalk censorship policies.

Old Sep 26, 2005, 11:21 am
Community Director Emerita

I have moved this thread from the California forum to the Los Angeles forum, in order to help people searching for similar information in the future.

All the best,

SanDiego1K
Senior Moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.