Reload this Page >

The 2022 - 2023 LAX Parking Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 30, 2017, 8:41 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: chrisl137
Parking @ LAX: https://book.flylax.com/book/LAX/Parking or LAX Official Airport Parking

Recommendations for selecting booking times and total booking periods: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/34711926-post186.html
Note also that for booking close-in and and around holiday peaks, some of the off airport lots may offer advance rates that are very competitive with the LAX operated lots.

Interactive map of LAX on-airport (Central Terminal Area) parking status is linked here (includes links to nearby off airport parking if you scroll down)

Economy and Budget Lot Shuttle Tracker (bottom link, light blue) (as of 10/25/23 it seems to mostly show Budget Lot shuttles and some Economy Lot shuttles don't show up on the tracker)

Note that parking rates in the CTA structures increased on 10/19/21.
Economy Parking (structure in part of the old lot C location) opened 10/19/21.
Prebooking is available at substantial discounts for the CTA ($22 vs $50/day) and Economy ($15 vs $25/day) parking at this link

See most recent posts in thread for prebooking discount codes offered for airport operated parking lots.

For prebooking, you must book at least 6 hours before your arrival.
For the Economy Lot, your QR code becomes active 4 hours prior to your booked arrival time
For CTA lots, the QR code becomes active 2 hours prior to your booked arrival time.

Note that access to the Economy Lot is only via Westchester Pkwy to Jetway Bl - there doesn't appear to be any shortcut via 96th.

Fly LAX Official Twitter Feed with general information.
Fly LAX Stats Official Twitter feed with parking lot occupancy and time to T1 from points outside the airport and time through the U on the upper and lower levels.

Park 'N Fly @ Park One and LAX Lot C are permanently closed.
Lot E is permanently closed as of 7/26/21

With the limited availability of parking at LAX as travel picks back up, Van Nuys or Union Station+Flyaway bus may be a reasonable alternative:
Union Station Parking (at Patsouras Plaza) is $8/day. Make sure you're in Union Station East (the underground facility) and fill out and drop off the downloadable form if you'll be there longer than 3 days.
The Consolidated "LAX Flyaway Bus" Thread (2014 - Date) has up to date information on taking the flyaway bus; parking is $5 a day.

Older posts on this topic may contain relevant information and can be found in this thread:
Print Wikipost

The 2022 - 2023 LAX Parking Thread

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2022, 8:13 am

So we have been alternating between the Hilton LAX (for years) and the new LAX economy garage (obviously just recently).

Mostly we've been doing the Hilton LAX as it has usually been the cheapest by quite a bit and the shuttle service has generally been good, but I think we are giving up on it. It appears they are using a new company for their shuttle service and we waited 75 minutes to get on a shuttle this past Friday night. One shuttle sped by us after we were at the curb for 30 minutes at T7. Then I only got on the next one at the 75 minute mark by walking back to T6 and leaving my husband at the curb with our bags while I got the car and came back. I had called the hotel after the first shuttle and was told, "well we usually run 3-4 shuttles", after they questioned me if I was standing in the right place. And when I called back again at the 65 minute mark, I was then told, "we only have 1 shuttle tonight... If you take a taxi or uber, we *might* reimburse you or we *might* discount your parking; we'd have to check with a supervisor". We were trying to figure out what to do when shuttle driver for another company who had checked on us previously said he had just passed the Hilton shuttle, so we knew it was coming finally. However, I was one of the last on (I stood the whole way, which was fine, but also insane as some passengers were storing luggage in seats rather than in the back of the shuttle - like why is this allowed when it is running full and late?) and it again completely bypassed T7, so I'm sure some people down there were completely screwed.

Has anyone used the Hyatt Regency for parking and is it possible to book direct? One thing we liked about the Hilton LAX is that they had their own parking reservation website. While we waited, and I'm not exaggerating, I think we saw 20 Hyatt Regency shuttles go by. I'm also going to look at AirportCenterParking.com as that seem fairly frequent as well. I would just like to have a non-LAX airport option in case that pricing is crazy.
Old May 22, 2022, 9:17 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by wcj1
Has anyone used the Hyatt Regency for parking and is it possible to book direct? One thing we liked about the Hilton LAX is that they had their own parking reservation website. While we waited, and I'm not exaggerating, I think we saw 20 Hyatt Regency shuttles go by. I'm also going to look at AirportCenterParking.com as that seem fairly frequent as well. I would just like to have a non-LAX airport option in case that pricing is crazy.
I've used and highly recommend QuikPark LAX. It is located behind the Hyatt Regency Hotel, right across Sepulveda Blvd from the airport, and they share shuttle buses with the hotel.

wcj1, Moderator2, HkCaGu and 2 others like this.
Old May 22, 2022, 11:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Here's the latest LAX coupon:

Take advantage of our Memorial Day savings and get 15% off Economy Parking when you pre-book using code MEMORIAL15.
They say it's for the economy lot only, but it does provide a slight discount at the terminal lots.

The bad news is that every terminal lot I see prices for are now $50/day. The discount doesn't help much.
Old May 22, 2022, 12:02 pm

Programs: UA*G, NW, AA-G. WR-P, HH-G, IHG-S, ALL. TT-GE.
Originally Posted by TWA884
I've used and highly recommend QuikPark LAX. It is located behind the Hyatt Regency Hotel, right across Sepulveda Blvd from the airport, and they share shuttle buses with the hotel.
11 days ago I came back on AC (T6, no bags to claim) and didn't wait long. My shuttle skipped T7 after careful coordination with another shuttle following closely behind to cover T7.

And of course, if arriving T7, and the weather (temp+wind) isn't bad, I'd be walking to Hyatt/QuikPark.
chrisl137 likes this.
Old May 22, 2022, 2:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by josephstern
The bad news is that every terminal lot I see prices for are now $50/day. The discount doesn't help much.
And they still manage to be full much of the time!

I only use the terminal lots when I'm doing a really short run for work and hand carrying equipment. Otherwise I use Economy or the off-airport lots. The economy shuttles have been running at reasonable frequencies lately, so it's been pretty quick to get back to the lot and I haven't had to walk it yet.
Old May 25, 2022, 8:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm having an interesting dynamic pricing experience with the Economy Lot.

I have a trip this weekend that was originally booked for thursday evening to tuesday. Parking was about $85 booked more than a month ago.

Something came up and I have to shift it to leave a day later. The price is almost triple if I just change the start by 12 hours, and a little over double if I shift the start and end dates by a full day.

Sunrise is about $140 for the shifted trip, and is faster to the terminal and about the same for pickup.

ETA: One thing that I haven't found anything in the FAQ about is how long after the start of your reservation you can show up and they'll still honor it. If I have a reservation that's supposed to start thursday morning and I don't show up until friday evening but have the same exit date, will they honor the reservation? Aside from voluntary flight changes, that can also happen with misconnects or major IROPs. I have tried doing two overlapping reservations with the same car, and it won't let you do that. I haven't tried doing a second reservation with a fictitious plate and changing it once the flight situation is sorted out.

Last edited by chrisl137; May 25, 2022 at 10:58 pm
Old May 31, 2022, 6:28 pm

Programs: AS 75K (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR
I'm parking at Auto Parks for $13 a day off way.com. Is that a good deal?
Old Jun 18, 2022, 8:22 pm

Programs: Ozark Go-Getters Gold, Statler Star Silver, others from a variety of alternate timelines
The Economy Garage’s various indicators for empty parking spaces need some work. (Arriving with a reservation at about 8:30 A.M. on Saturday, June 11, the dozen or so spaces with green indicators on levels 2 and 3 were actually full… and despite the LED signs saying the roof was full, that’s where we finally found a vacant space… there were also a number of “Clean Air Vehicle Only” spaces available up there.)
chrisl137 likes this.
Old Jun 19, 2022, 8:06 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by vanillabean
I'm parking at Auto Parks for $13 a day off way.com. Is that a good deal?
Personally, I've found way.com to be more expensive than other parking aggregator sites. Check rates on cheapairportparking.com as well. There's a $10 off (the total, not per day) coupon for them: CSUCI
Old Jun 19, 2022, 8:06 pm

Originally Posted by trainman74
The Economy Garage’s various indicators for empty parking spaces need some work. (Arriving with a reservation at about 8:30 A.M. on Saturday, June 11, the dozen or so spaces with green indicators on levels 2 and 3 were actually full… and despite the LED signs saying the roof was full, that’s where we finally found a vacant space… there were also a number of “Clean Air Vehicle Only” spaces available up there.)
I have yet to see parking space indicators working at any garage. Seem like a total waste of money and time to me.
Old Jun 26, 2022, 8:30 pm

EV parking at Economy parking

I have booked a 9 day parking at new LAX economy lot and reserved the EV spot for my Tesla Model Y. Anyone knows what kind of an adaptor would it need? the good thing is I can leave the car plugged in until I return.
Old Jun 28, 2022, 4:32 am

Originally Posted by MNSWEEps
I have booked a 9 day parking at new LAX economy lot and reserved the EV spot for my Tesla Model Y. Anyone knows what kind of an adaptor would it need? the good thing is I can leave the car plugged in until I return.
99% of the spots are J1772. They have some CHAdeMO also, but only a few on the bottom floor. FYI, make sure you turn off sentry mode/cabin heat protection just in case. Last time I was plugged in for a week charging stopped for some reason about 2 days in and I didn't realize it, and I couldn't get it restarted through the app so not only did it not charge, but sentry mode drained my battery quite a bit.
MNSWEEps likes this.
Old Jun 28, 2022, 9:01 am

Just wanted to add a data point with my booking experience. I have a trip on Thanksgiving weekend, 11/23 - 11/28. My return flight lands at 10:45 pm, so I put my exit time as 11:45 pm. Econ lot price showed $120 and the terminal parking structures $260 for these dates, not much of a discount.

Just for kicks, I changed the return date to 11/29 12:01 am. Changed prices to $80 for econ and $120 for the terminal structures. I booked the P4 parking for less than half the price for delaying exit time by 15 minutes.

Not sure if they’ll hold me to that 15 min delay when actually physically exiting the structure, but even if that’s the case, no question it’s worth the savings!
Old Jun 28, 2022, 10:05 am

Originally Posted by seigex
99% of the spots are J1772. They have some CHAdeMO also, but only a few on the bottom floor. FYI, make sure you turn off sentry mode/cabin heat protection just in case. Last time I was plugged in for a week charging stopped for some reason about 2 days in and I didn't realize it, and I couldn't get it restarted through the app so not only did it not charge, but sentry mode drained my battery quite a bit.
Thanks ..Good info. My cabin protection is always off. I have never been to the LAX eco parking especially now its a new bldg. 1) Are there EV spots on each floor? 2) Any navigation inside the parking structure to the EV parking spots(J1772) would help. Thanks
Old Jun 28, 2022, 10:11 am

Originally Posted by MNSWEEps
Thanks ..Good info. My cabin protection is always off. I have never been to the LAX eco parking especially now its a new bldg. 1) Are there EV spots on each floor? 2) Any navigation inside the parking structure to the EV parking spots(J1772) would help. Thanks
I've only been on the first floor, and right when you enter you'll see that almost every spot has an EV charger and it will be pretty obvious, I'm pretty sure there are some on the second floor but I've never been up there to check. They weren't all turned on yet (just a small group) when I was there in December, but with the EV charging promotions they're doing I'm pretty sure they are now. If for some reason they aren't, you can go to the very back right, through a set of gate arms that should be open, and there are some additional chargers.
MNSWEEps likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.