Search
Old Jan 23, 2024, 9:45 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
Print Wikipost

LAX Terminal Construction and Landside Access Modernization Program

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2024, 12:43 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
I received the following construction advisory a few days ago:

OVERNIGHT LANE CLOSURES ON CENTURY BLVD. AND LAX EXIT RAMP
Activity:

To facilitate work for the Automated People Mover (APM), a temporary overnight closure of Century Blvd. eastbound lanes from LAX to Airport Blvd. (map 1) will be implemented at 11 p.m. on Saturday, March 16 to 7 a.m. on Sunday, March 17.

During this period, vehicles should use the Sepulveda Blvd. detour to access Imperial Hwy. or Westchester Pkwy. to return to Century Blvd.

At approximately 7 a.m. on Sunday, March 17, the closure will transition to Century Blvd. westbound lanes between Airport Blvd. and Vicksburg Ave. until 11 a.m. (map 2).

During this period, vehicles should use the Century Blvd. detour toward northbound Airport Blvd. and Westchester Pkwy. to access southbound Sepulveda Blvd.

Flaggers and signage will be in place to assist with wayfinding and maintenance of traffic, as well as access to local businesses. Please plan ahead for potential delays, always observe posted signage, remain alert and use caution when traveling near construction areas.

Dates and Work Hours:

Century Blvd. Eastbound Lane Closures (Map 1)
Saturday, March 16, 2024 at 11 p.m. to Sunday, March 17, 2023 at 7 a.m.

Century Blvd. Westbound Lane Closures (Map 2)
Sunday, March 17, 2024, from 7 a.m. to 11 a.m.

*Dates and times are subject to change

Map 1

Map 2

Last edited by TWA884; Mar 17, 2024 at 1:31 pm
Old Mar 17, 2024, 12:59 pm

Originally Posted by TWA884
I received the following construction advisory a few days ago:
what list sent that? I checked the lax website and saw nothing, and southwest only sent a generic message about busy flights due to spring break

half the people on our hertz shuttle bailed as soon as we got close enough to have a sidewalk.
Old Mar 17, 2024, 1:28 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pmiranda
what list sent that? I checked the lax website and saw nothing, and southwest only sent a generic message about busy flights due to spring break
These emails are sent by LAX | Public Relations <[email protected]>. I have been receiving these for years and don't remember how I signed up to receive them. I tried to search and figure out, however, the "manage subscriptions" link is unique to my email address (which is why I edited the link in the earlier post).

You can view all of the Construction Advisories on the LAWA site and on Twitter:

@flyLAXairport

Old Mar 17, 2024, 1:42 pm

OK, found it, but it wasn't easy or intuitive.Scroll down to "STAY INFORMED"
Old Mar 22, 2024, 12:45 pm

Old Mar 27, 2024, 8:35 pm

A few additional renderings of T9 taken from last year's industry showcase.

NOLAnwGOLD likes this.
Old Mar 27, 2024, 11:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by HL8210
A few additional renderings of T9 taken from last year's industry showcase.
It will probably be completed before the people mover.
NOLAnwGOLD likes this.
Old Mar 28, 2024, 7:03 am

T4 construction progress.

Old Mar 29, 2024, 8:52 am

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Gold
Latest update per LA Times: LAX’s long-promised rail link, the People Mover, likely delayed until late 2025

LAX People Mover

https://www.latimes.com/california/s...yed-until-2025
Old Mar 29, 2024, 9:54 am

Originally Posted by LAX2Anywhere
Latest update per LA Times: LAX’s long-promised rail link, the People Mover, likely delayed until late 2025

LAX People Mover

From the linked article:

On Thursday, Fitch projected an Oct. 30, 2025, completion date for the project. The credit agency previously projected an April 2025 completion date and said that “various disagreements and disputes between the parties” and unresolved negotiations over timeline, production and compensation claims led to the negative bond rating.

The project is about 96% complete, Fitch said, but ongoing issues could prolong its completion. The airport and contractor LAX Integrated Express Solutions (LINXS), which is composed of several groups, agreed on a “global settlement that resolved delay claims” last April, Fitch said, but clashes have continued.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Mar 29, 2024, 9:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by LAX2Anywhere

LAX People Mover

It's going to be an inoperable monument to bureaucracy for the 2028 Olympics.
Old Apr 8, 2024, 5:38 pm

Programs: AS 75K, southwest A+, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire ambassador
There is another lane closure on Century Blvd this week - April 8-12 on Century Blvd. Two lanes on both east and west bound will be closed. 24 hour closure.
samosa likes this.
Old Apr 8, 2024, 8:53 pm

Originally Posted by SoCaltravel
There is another lane closure on Century Blvd this week - April 8-12 on Century Blvd. Two lanes on both east and west bound will be closed. 24 hour closure.
Old Apr 8, 2024, 10:36 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by chrisl137
It's going to be an inoperable monument to bureaucracy for the 2028 Olympics.
And LAWA mind-numbing incompetence.
Old Apr 9, 2024, 5:47 pm

Originally Posted by SoCaltravel
I just received an email that this closure has been extended:

To facilitate work for the Roadway and Utility Enabling (RUE) project, three westbound and two eastbound lanes on Century Blvd. at Concourse Way (between La Cienega Blvd. and Aviation Blvd.) will be closed continuously from Friday, April 12 at 9 p.m. to Monday, April 15 at 6 a.m.

One lane on westbound Century Blvd. and two lanes on eastbound Century Blvd. will be maintained at all times. Access to and from Concourse Way will be maintained via eastbound Century Blvd. at all times (no access via westbound Century Blvd. will be available during this work). A U-turn will be available from westbound Century Blvd. at Aviation Blvd. to reach eastbound Century Blvd. / Concourse Way.
Edited to add that I just received another email alert:

​​​​​​​To facilitate work for the Roadway and Utility Enabling (RUE) Project, all westbound through traffic and two eastbound lanes on Century Blvd. at Concourse Way (between La Cienega Blvd. and Aviation Blvd.) will be closed continuously from Friday, April 26 at 9 p.m. to Sunday, April 28 at 4 p.m.

Westbound Century Blvd. will be limited to local access only, with westbound through traffic detoured via northbound La Cienega Blvd., westbound Arbor Vitae St. and southbound Aviation Blvd. (see Detour Map below).

Two lanes on eastbound Century Blvd. will be maintained at all times. Access to and from Concourse Way will be maintained via eastbound Century Blvd. at all times (there will be no access via westbound Century Blvd. during this work). A U-turn will be available from westbound Century Blvd. at Aviation Blvd. to reach eastbound Century Blvd. and/or Concourse Way.

Last edited by TWA884; Apr 9, 2024 at 6:14 pm Reason: Receive another traffic alert email

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.