Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > LATAM | LATAM Pass
Reload this Page >

Does LANPass charge fuel surcharge on BA awards?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2009, 3:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat, AC 25K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond

If redeeming LANPass kilometres for a BA award, is fuel surcharge charged or not?
Old Feb 17, 2009, 4:15 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Moving to the other american FFPs forum where you may more easily get an answer.

Kiwi Flyer
OW moderator
Old Feb 17, 2009, 9:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat, AC 25K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond
I figured out they don't charge YQ on AA award flights, but am not sure about BA award flights.
Old Jun 4, 2012, 4:56 pm

Programs: ALL MAJOR FFP AND FSP
sorry to bump up this old thread, but do we have any information on whether LANPASS charges fuel surcharges on BA, and for ther matter IB?
Old Jun 5, 2012, 6:32 pm

Programs: AA LT Gold
Originally Posted by ldnhlj
sorry to bump up this old thread, but do we have any information on whether LANPASS charges fuel surcharges on BA, and for ther matter IB?
Best thing would be to find availability on BA.com and then call LAN to price it out.

But, in any case, the surcharges/ fees are imposed imposed by BA, not LA. Those charges as passed through to you whether you use LAN miles, AA miles or QF miles.

IB does not have high surcharges that I know of.
Old Jun 6, 2012, 1:04 pm

Programs: *G (TK elite+), OW sapphire (QR), ST elite plus (AF). LA black
the last time i tried to price a BA award on the LAN web site it did not include fuel surcharge. just use the lan website to search for availability. when the routes are not operated by LAN you can also choose to select oneworld partner flights.
Old Jun 22, 2012, 7:29 am

Anyone have experience with CX? Are there significant surcharges?
Old Jun 22, 2012, 10:29 am

Programs: LAN Commodore
Originally Posted by HumbleBee
Anyone have experience with CX? Are there significant surcharges?
Yes, lots of experience with CX awards with LANPASS Kms.
No, there are no significant charges. Around $50 for first class LAX-HKG RT award.
Old Jun 23, 2012, 4:10 pm

Originally Posted by david_33
Yes, lots of experience with CX awards with LANPASS Kms.
No, there are no significant charges. Around $50 for first class LAX-HKG RT award.
Thanks!

Am I correct that RTW in F is 250k?
Old Jun 23, 2012, 11:42 pm

Programs: *G (TK elite+), OW sapphire (QR), ST elite plus (AF). LA black
Originally Posted by HumbleBee
Thanks!

Am I correct that RTW in F is 250k?
nope. there is no RTW award with LANpass. you are referring to the 15.000-100.000km row in the award table. this might only be useful for the LHR-SYD service on BA or QF. all numbers in the table are for one segment. to calculate the amount of miles needed for your award you have to add the needed kms for EVERY segment of your journey.

moreover LANpass only provides roundtrip-tickets, no one-ways and no RTWs.
Old Jun 24, 2012, 1:47 am

Originally Posted by f0zzyNUE
nope. there is no RTW award with LANpass. you are referring to the 15.000-100.000km row in the award table. this might only be useful for the LHR-SYD service on BA or QF. all numbers in the table are for one segment. to calculate the amount of miles needed for your award you have to add the needed kms for EVERY segment of your journey.

Thanks!

BA LHR/SYD doesn't come anywhere near 100k KM, which is what had me thinking.
Old Jun 24, 2012, 5:49 am
Ambassador, LATAM

Programs: LATAM, Lifemiles
Originally Posted by f0zzyNUE
Awards don't have to be necessarily roundtrips, they just can't have only one segment (I imagine you could add up segments and create a RTW ticket of your own).
Old Jul 2, 2012, 6:06 pm

Originally Posted by andreadbc
Awards don't have to be necessarily roundtrips, they just can't have only one segment (I imagine you could add up segments and create a RTW ticket of your own).
According to the rules, they have to be roundtrips. In practice, though, their system will let you buy a one-way one-stop award if you try hard enough.
About two weeks ago I redeemed for a SFO-LIM-SCL award, and then changed my mind and called to see if I could change it for MIA-LIM-SCL only to be asked how the heck did I buy that, that it wasn't allowed by the rules and that they hadn't ever seen that before. Obviously I just hung up and called again in search of a less (or more) knowlodgeable rep, and that last one did the trick, but only after citing the rules on the ticket.
Old Jul 2, 2012, 6:07 pm

Oh, and btw, BA seems to be charging fuel surcharge on LANPASS tickets.. $200 in "taxes" for GRU-LHR
Old Jul 2, 2012, 7:26 pm
Ambassador, LATAM

Programs: LATAM, Lifemiles
Originally Posted by Mavalenzu
According to the rules, they have to be roundtrips.
Not really...

From the Terms and conditions
11.2 The Awards allow one (1) Stopover (voluntary stop of the passenger on one of the Stops included in the outbound section or return of the trip) or one (1) OpenJaw (destination city other than the origin of the return flight,) on both domestic and international routes. Some oneworld Airlines or Associated Airlines do not allow Stopovers and OpenJaw flights.
Originally Posted by Mavalenzu
Oh, and btw, BA seems to be charging fuel surcharge on LANPASS tickets.. $200 in "taxes" for GRU-LHR
That actually just sounds like the UK APD + some other taxes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.