FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   LATAM | LATAM Pass (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/latam-latam-pass-689/)
-   -   Does LANPass charge fuel surcharge on BA awards? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/latam-latam-pass/922808-does-lanpass-charge-fuel-surcharge-ba-awards.html)

nabeelj Feb 17, 2009 3:34 pm

Does LANPass charge fuel surcharge on BA awards?

If redeeming LANPass kilometres for a BA award, is fuel surcharge charged or not?

Kiwi Flyer Feb 17, 2009 4:15 pm

Moving to the other american FFPs forum where you may more easily get an answer.

Kiwi Flyer
OW moderator

nabeelj Feb 17, 2009 9:45 pm

I figured out they don't charge YQ on AA award flights, but am not sure about BA award flights.

ldnhlj Jun 4, 2012 4:56 pm

sorry to bump up this old thread, but do we have any information on whether LANPASS charges fuel surcharges on BA, and for ther matter IB?

carlosdca Jun 5, 2012 6:32 pm

Originally Posted by ldnhlj (Post 18697437)
sorry to bump up this old thread, but do we have any information on whether LANPASS charges fuel surcharges on BA, and for ther matter IB?

Best thing would be to find availability on BA.com and then call LAN to price it out.

But, in any case, the surcharges/ fees are imposed imposed by BA, not LA. Those charges as passed through to you whether you use LAN miles, AA miles or QF miles.

IB does not have high surcharges that I know of.

f0zzyNUE Jun 6, 2012 1:04 pm

the last time i tried to price a BA award on the LAN web site it did not include fuel surcharge. just use the lan website to search for availability. when the routes are not operated by LAN you can also choose to select oneworld partner flights.

HumbleBee Jun 22, 2012 7:29 am

Anyone have experience with CX? Are there significant surcharges?

david_33 Jun 22, 2012 10:29 am

Originally Posted by HumbleBee (Post 18800836)
Anyone have experience with CX? Are there significant surcharges?

Yes, lots of experience with CX awards with LANPASS Kms.
No, there are no significant charges. Around $50 for first class LAX-HKG RT award.

HumbleBee Jun 23, 2012 4:10 pm

Originally Posted by david_33 (Post 18801871)
Yes, lots of experience with CX awards with LANPASS Kms.
No, there are no significant charges. Around $50 for first class LAX-HKG RT award.

Thanks!

Am I correct that RTW in F is 250k?

f0zzyNUE Jun 23, 2012 11:42 pm

Originally Posted by HumbleBee (Post 18808567)
Thanks!

Am I correct that RTW in F is 250k?

nope. there is no RTW award with LANpass. you are referring to the 15.000-100.000km row in the award table. this might only be useful for the LHR-SYD service on BA or QF. all numbers in the table are for one segment. to calculate the amount of miles needed for your award you have to add the needed kms for EVERY segment of your journey.

moreover LANpass only provides roundtrip-tickets, no one-ways and no RTWs.

HumbleBee Jun 24, 2012 1:47 am

Originally Posted by f0zzyNUE (Post 18810034)
nope. there is no RTW award with LANpass. you are referring to the 15.000-100.000km row in the award table. this might only be useful for the LHR-SYD service on BA or QF. all numbers in the table are for one segment. to calculate the amount of miles needed for your award you have to add the needed kms for EVERY segment of your journey.

Thanks!

BA LHR/SYD doesn't come anywhere near 100k KM, which is what had me thinking.

andreadbc Jun 24, 2012 5:49 am

Originally Posted by f0zzyNUE (Post 18810034)

Awards don't have to be necessarily roundtrips, they just can't have only one segment (I imagine you could add up segments and create a RTW ticket of your own).

Matt340 Jul 2, 2012 6:06 pm

Originally Posted by andreadbc (Post 18810813)
Awards don't have to be necessarily roundtrips, they just can't have only one segment (I imagine you could add up segments and create a RTW ticket of your own).

According to the rules, they have to be roundtrips. In practice, though, their system will let you buy a one-way one-stop award if you try hard enough.
About two weeks ago I redeemed for a SFO-LIM-SCL award, and then changed my mind and called to see if I could change it for MIA-LIM-SCL only to be asked how the heck did I buy that, that it wasn't allowed by the rules and that they hadn't ever seen that before. Obviously I just hung up and called again in search of a less (or more) knowlodgeable rep, and that last one did the trick, but only after citing the rules on the ticket.

Matt340 Jul 2, 2012 6:07 pm

Oh, and btw, BA seems to be charging fuel surcharge on LANPASS tickets.. $200 in "taxes" for GRU-LHR

andreadbc Jul 2, 2012 7:26 pm

Originally Posted by Mavalenzu (Post 18860312)
According to the rules, they have to be roundtrips.

Not really...

From the Terms and conditions

11.2 The Awards allow one (1) Stopover (voluntary stop of the passenger on one of the Stops included in the outbound section or return of the trip) or one (1) OpenJaw (destination city other than the origin of the return flight,) on both domestic and international routes. Some oneworld Airlines or Associated Airlines do not allow Stopovers and OpenJaw flights.

Originally Posted by Mavalenzu (Post 18860324)
Oh, and btw, BA seems to be charging fuel surcharge on LANPASS tickets.. $200 in "taxes" for GRU-LHR

That actually just sounds like the UK APD + some other taxes.