Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > LATAM | LATAM Pass
Reload this Page >

How can I cancel my LATAM tickets online?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2020, 3:25 am
gms
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold / GfL, Hilton Diamond

I have been trying to call, but I keep being cut off after a couple of minutes. I tried messaging via an online case almost a week ago, no response. I tried messaging via Twitter a week ago, no response. I appreciate this is a period of huge disruption for all airlines, so I am not criticising LATAM for this.

I currently have 3 separate tickets for flights within Chile, starting next week. Clearly I cannot now travel to use these tickets (I am based in the UK). I don't want to reschedule. I just want to cancel and will be happy to accept the cancellation terms of the original tickets (one gives me a 100% refund, the other two give me a 30% refund). However, I cannot find any online options to do a simple ticket cancellation.

Is there any way I can do this online? The only options I get are to reschedule. I cannot see a cancellation option anywhere.
Old Mar 23, 2020, 4:18 am

Programs: BA Silver
Not sure if that will work but give this page a try :

https://www.latam.com/DevolucionesLa...760.1569343972
Old Mar 23, 2020, 6:02 am
gms
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mzb00
Not sure if that will work but give this page a try :

https://www.latam.com/DevolucionesLa...760.1569343972
Thanks!

I have submitted my ticket details (separately for each ticket number) and it appears to have gone through. I got the email confirmation at least. I will need to wait and see if the refund actually works!

If anyone has any experience of how long LATAM needs to process these requests at the moment that would be helpful. I just want to avoid calling them in the coming days if I can (other people who are trying to reschedule flights are of course a higher priority right now!).
Old Mar 23, 2020, 6:26 am

Programs: BA Silver
Glad to hear it seemed to have worked. My experience a few months ago was that it took 1-2 weeks. These days though ... who knows.
One thing I'd keep an eye on is whether you can stil pull the itinerary online or on the app, if it fails that means the itinerary was cancelled successfully.
Old Mar 23, 2020, 8:25 am

Programs: LATAM Black
if paid with a none Chilean credit card, then it might take (quite a bit) longer. Unless you can provide a Chilean bank account to which LATAM can deposit the money. At least, that is my experience.
Old Mar 23, 2020, 5:10 pm
gms
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cphflyer_EB
if paid with a none Chilean credit card, then it might take (quite a bit) longer. Unless you can provide a Chilean bank account to which LATAM can deposit the money. At least, that is my experience.
It was a non-Chilean card I used to pay. But I will be patient and see how long it takes.
Old Mar 24, 2020, 2:44 am
gms
Original Poster

Just a quick update in case this benefits others. For each refund request, I received an email with a case number. Checking the case numbers on the LATAM website they all have the status "On Hold" with the text "Your case has been referred to the area responsible for your request, we will contact you as soon as we have a response.". Given that my first flight is a week away I will leave it a few days, but I expect I will probably have to call to ensure the flights are cancelled before the trips are due to start.
Old Mar 26, 2020, 11:01 am

Programs: FB:Plat ALL:Plat
Hi,
I did mine just now for a trip on 26/04.
It immediately went to " En proceso de pago" = "payment in progress".
Tickets were not refundable.

Hope that helps
Old Mar 27, 2020, 3:24 am

Programs: BA Exec Club Gold
Thanks for that link, very helpful. I had a ticket booked on the 3rd April departing from the EU which LATAM cancelled last night.

I submitted a refund request and to my surprise it confirmed the correct £ amount I was due back and said it would go on to my CC (within 15 BD, although said it could take longer due to the current situation).

It now says "
In payment process".

Side note: I was unable to add my bank account info as 'back up' to my original cc info, as for the UK it lists no banks on the drop down and won't let you continue with this blank...
Old Apr 7, 2020, 5:22 pm

Programs: AA-EXP, LATAM Gold+, BA-Blues
I also submitted a refund via this handy link, which correctly notes the refund amount I was expecting. Very soon after I receiving the confirmation e-mail, the status reflects as "In payment process"

Request was made 14 days ago; no sign yet of the refund to the credit card.

Has anyone successfully received their money back via this link? If so - how long did it actually take?
Old Apr 8, 2020, 1:13 am

Same here, been waiting...
Old Apr 8, 2020, 3:44 am

Not rec'd any money back yet directly from LATAM - I had called LATAM recently and they confirmed the refund would be processed with 10 BDs. I had also done a charge back on my AMEX before and the money was credited, now waiting for AMEX to transfer to my bank account, so not really expecting any refund from LATAM as the charge back was successful.

I did receive an email from LATAM yesterday with "vouchers" for the value of the ticket... which must have been sent automatically. Hopefully this does not affect my charge back/refund.
Old Apr 8, 2020, 3:47 am

Oh, just seen there is this note at the bottom of the voucher email:

** If you prefer the amount in cash you can exchange your Travel Voucher on LATAM.com Please consider that we are facing a high amount of requests and consequently there might be a delay in processing your refund.
Old Apr 10, 2020, 6:08 pm

Programs: AA-EXP, LATAM Gold+, BA-Blues
Just noticed that the refund page linked to in this thread is also now linked to from the LATAM Coronavirus info page: https://www.latam.com/en_us/experience/coronavirus/

However, it includes a most worrying note:

• Can I request a refund of my ticket?
Yes, it will depend on the conditions of your ticket.
Due to the COVID-19 contingency, in order to request a refund, you will be offered a Travel Voucher for the amount of the fare valid for 12 months to exchange for services such as purchase or payment of excess baggage, payment of fines and/or fare differences in addition to new tickets. The Travel Voucher will be generated and sent automatically when you request the refund of your ticket through Latam.com
While the refund request I'd previously submitted mentions "Credit Card" as the refund method - I don't for a second take this development as a positive one. Might also be related to Brazil's new MP-948, which just yesterday authorized exactly this sort of shenanigan.
Old Apr 11, 2020, 3:50 am

Tweet from Latam yesterday: Hello, according to our records the refund request was submitted the 26th of march(the regular process takes up to 20 business days). Additionally, due to the large number of reimbursement requests received, we have processed the refund process in the form of a travel voucher that is possible to redeem for LATAM services within the next 12 months(or request bank transfer) you'll receive an email confirmation regarding this process. Feel free to contact us back in case you've an additional query. Regards.

Since then, I cannot access the PNR through the website but still not received anything...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.