Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > LATAM | LATAM Pass
Reload this Page >

Lima and Santiago Airports question

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lima and Santiago Airports question

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2014, 8:28 pm

Programs: Military Space-A, UA Plat, AS MVP Gold 75K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, HHonors Gold
Got any Hyatt points? Only 8,000 for: http://santiago.grand.hyatt.com/en/hotel/home.html
Old Sep 18, 2014, 3:50 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
When does the AA flight leave? They'll probably protect you on that if you're delayed and would otherwise misconnect.
The Lan IPC flight arrives into SCL at 7:30 pm, and then the AA flight leaves SCL at 9:20 pm. So I have about 2 hours in between.
Old Sep 22, 2014, 10:32 am

Programs: Double OWE (AA EXP, QF Plat), FI Gold
Originally Posted by cheaptom
Hi again.
Same question, except on the way back. Looks like the daily IPC-SCL flights arrives in SCL at 7:30 pm, and the next leg to Miami leaves at 9:45.

So that only leaves me two hours. Is it any easier going home, or should I again consider spending the night at SCL and taking the MIA flight the next day? Thanks!
There are a bunch of flights to MIA throughout the day and night on both AA and LA, of course depending upon availability. There's another AA flight at 11:45pm, plus a LAN flight at 10:55pm. If MIA is for a connection, they can also put you on the DFW flight which leaves at 11:20pm and connect you to a flight to your final destination from there.

In the end it's up to you and how you're most comfortable traveling.
Old Sep 22, 2014, 4:55 pm
Original Poster

Looks like we're leaning toward the Airport Holiday Inn in Santiago. If we get off the plane and check into the hotel...can we then take a cab and explore the city for a few hours, and then get back to the hotel without a problem? Any customs/security concerns doing that?
Old Sep 24, 2014, 4:50 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, Global Entry
I think staying at the airport Holiday Inn is a mistake

It is very convenient to get to, as it is a 50-100 m walk from the terminal. But there is absolutely nothing around SCL. The Ibis hotel next to the bus station usually costs USD 65-70 and is fairly close to SCL. OP will save money (after all, he is cheaptom) and have a more interesting experience in town.
Old Sep 24, 2014, 8:46 am

Programs: On the way to lowly LATAM Gold, AA, MiClub Lider
Originally Posted by cheaptom
Looks like we're leaning toward the Airport Holiday Inn in Santiago. If we get off the plane and check into the hotel...can we then take a cab and explore the city for a few hours, and then get back to the hotel without a problem? Any customs/security concerns doing that?
The city is not that far. It would be better and cheaper to stay in town near the sights and dining options. And I would only recommend the IBIS at the bus station if you plan to use the Tur airport bus as it is not the best area to stay as a tourist. If you will cab in and out, then you can stay in Providencia, Bellavista, Las Condes or Centro.
Old Sep 24, 2014, 9:28 am

Programs: Double OWE (AA EXP, QF Plat), FI Gold
There's a new Ibis hotel in Providencia (where the old Moulin Rouge was for those that know the city, at the fork between Av. Providencia and 11 de septiembre, or whatever they renamed it to). It might offer good rates compared to other options, as well as the Holiday Inn Express in Las Condes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.