Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What's happening with LAN ?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2010, 4:14 am

Programs: KL/AF Platinum
The other problem with LAN is the deteriorating quality of domestic/regional flight. All my recent intra-Chile LAN flights including one to Bolivia (LPB) had very, very poor onboard service. I was amazed that a flight SCL-IQQ-LPB the only service was a cereal bar and 1 glass of soft drink. I could easily compare LAN domestic service with airlines such as GOL, which is more like LCC. And GOL service is still superior...

Rgs,
Old Jun 1, 2010, 5:53 am

Programs: CM Presidential, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by hardiwv
The other problem with LAN is the deteriorating quality of domestic/regional flight.
Rgs,
Having just flown LA/LP SCL-LIM, I would say their regional on-board Y service is equal to TAM (never flown GOL, so canīt opine). Both leave a lot to be desired these days. Sad
Old Jun 1, 2010, 8:46 am

LAN A32S flying is ruled by the LASER model, which could also be described as a lcc spinoff from LAN. If you notice, regional flights on B767s and A340s do have a better service level.
Old Jun 1, 2010, 2:33 pm

Originally Posted by AAEXP
Having just flown LA/LP SCL-LIM, I would say their regional on-board Y service is equal to TAM (never flown GOL, so canīt opine). Both leave a lot to be desired these days. Sad
I also had the same experience with identical results.
Old Jun 4, 2010, 12:26 am

Programs: BA Gold / O6 Diamond
Originally Posted by phlashba
I would still prefer dedicated agents and a special phone number as most airlines provide for their top clients. I really don't know why that's so hard to figure out for LAN. I guess their executives never have to book their own travel or they would know.

PS: what is ISM?
ISM = In-flight Service Manager.

It would definitely be convenient to have a dedicated agent - CX has a 24-hour dedicated phone line, normally answered within 3-4 rings, for the top-tiered members. Although do try to ring Santiago direct through to LAN...I find that they tend to answer their calls quite quickly.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.