FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   LATAM | LATAM Pass (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/latam-latam-pass-689/)
-   -   What's happening with LAN ? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/latam-latam-pass/1089573-whats-happening-lan.html)

gerard.govaerts May 26, 2010 7:43 pm

What's happening with LAN ?

I have been flying LAN for years all over LatAm (being based in Miami) and have been very happy with their service, seats on the planes, punctuality, etc.
My happiness with them resulted in a 'comodoro' status and more then 1/2 million miles (sorry: kilometers) to spend.
I never had any reason or opportunity to spent these rewards until a couple of days ago when i wanted to use them to upgrade a friend (flying from MAD to SCL and back) as a present to my friend.

This is when my ordeal started ...
I tried to reach the call.center in the US ... after each try of more then 30 minutes waiting time i gave up ... so never any answer ...
I tried to reach LanPass online ... the only reply i ever got was to call the call.center (resulting in the above) ...

So here is a very disappointed customer ... comodoro ... for what's worth ...

If there is any executive of OneWorld or LAN reading this forum.
Please look into your systems.

Your best customers (the ones paying 20/30 business tickets per year) should not receive such a treatment.

Kind regards,

Kiwi Flyer May 27, 2010 10:56 am

As there is an airline forum for LAN (called other North & South American airlines), I'll move the thread there for assistance.

Kiwi Flyer
OW moderator

hardiwv May 27, 2010 2:17 pm

I have flown LAN twice long-haul this year on J and both times I was very frustrated with my experience, very poor onboard service. I share your concern. One of the flights in fact I would rank among the worse J experience I had so far.

Rgs,

david_33 May 27, 2010 3:35 pm

I have to agree. I just flew J LAX-LIM a couple of days ago. Food quality way down, and the service by a couple of the flight attendants left much to be desired. As usual, no greeting or special attention for Commodores. A big change from my CX flights during the same trip where I was always greeted personally and given exceptional treatment.

If anyone has checked the J prices for later this summer, they are way up. In addition, date changes have risen from $100 a change to $200. That said, my calls always go straight through without any delay. This could be a function of calling from Peru and getting the Chilean special Commodore service people.

andreadbc May 27, 2010 5:04 pm

I've only traveled domestic recently but I have called to process an upgrade recently and had no problems, I don't have status (yet) but it was speedy...

There is a Comodoro-Premium Silver 24 hour Flight Assistance but I'm not sure if it includes processing upgrades or if it's more of an information service...

Maybe you could try calling the Chile Call center? There's an option for English.

Eastbay1K May 27, 2010 6:10 pm

Originally Posted by david_33 (Post 14034421)
I have to agree. I just flew J LAX-LIM a couple of days ago. Food quality way down, and the service by a couple of the flight attendants left much to be desired.

Did you have an LA or LP crew? (The food would be the same, but not the crew.)

bingocallerb22 May 27, 2010 7:49 pm

me too wondering

Originally Posted by david_33 (Post 14034421)
I have to agree. I just flew J LAX-LIM a couple of days ago. Food quality way down, and the service by a couple of the flight attendants left much to be desired.

Me too, just flew JFK-LIM-JFK, both red eyes. Flight down got the great food and wine service I've come to expect from LAN in the air but the return was a HUGE dissappointment. Only sandwiches with stale corners and a silly chocolate!! What were they thinking? Wouldn't eat it in Econony let alone Business. :confused:

Eastbay1K May 27, 2010 8:08 pm

Originally Posted by bingocallerb22 (Post 14035566)
Me too, just flew JFK-LIM-JFK, both red eyes. Flight down got the great food and wine service I've come to expect from LAN in the air but the return was a HUGE dissappointment. Only sandwiches with stale corners and a silly chocolate!! What were they thinking? Wouldn't eat it in Econony let alone Business. :confused:

LIM northbound redeye departures just get the snack after departure with the full breakfast before arrival. Most of them are continuing flights from SCL with the full dinner service SCL/LIM, snack post-LIM and breakfast pre-JFK/LAX, etc. It has been that way as far as I can remember (although the snacks were more substantial at one time). You should have had the option of a full dessert, however.

david_33 May 28, 2010 2:11 pm

It was a Lima crew which is normally excellent. A couple of the FAs were quite nice, but the service wasnīt great. They said that the printout showing who was sitting where plus LAN/OW status was blurred and couldnīt be read.

Eastbay1K May 28, 2010 2:40 pm

Originally Posted by david_33 (Post 14039716)
It was a Lima crew which is normally excellent. A couple of the FAs were quite nice, but the service wasnīt great. They said that the printout showing who was sitting where plus LAN/OW status was blurred and couldnīt be read.

My experiences are usually the reverse. I find the LA crews to be better than the LP crews (although I've not flown with many LP crews) - LP usually seems a bit friendlier to start (except for one horribly bitter LP crew I had), but the service is lacking. We'll see how they perform on the SFO inaugural.

NDFan May 29, 2010 10:41 am

Are some of these comments related to the supposed difference in standards between Lan Chile, and it's other national entities Lan Peru, Lan Ecuador and Lan Argentina?

See my post in this thread MAD-LIM in C Iberia or LAN regarding a disappointing J flight GYE-MAD operated by Lan Ecuador.

Happy Travels.

phlashba May 29, 2010 12:55 pm

Originally Posted by andreadbc (Post 14034900)
I've only traveled domestic recently but I have called to process an upgrade recently and had no problems, I don't have status (yet) but it was speedy...

There is a Comodoro-Premium Silver 24 hour Flight Assistance but I'm not sure if it includes processing upgrades or if it's more of an information service...

Maybe you could try calling the Chile Call center? There's an option for English.

I have tried to use that C24 service several times as a Comodoro AND Premium Silver. I have only ever gotten the same error message:

Dear member, C24 is a benefit reserved exclusively for our Comodoro members....blah blah blah ---- TIPICO!

chilledflyer May 31, 2010 6:29 pm

Well for what it's worth, LAN is officially implementing personal greetings by ISM to its members and OW elite in both J and Y as of 1 June, similar to greetings on CX. So for those of you who loves to be greeted - you'll get your egos massaged and will no doubt feel truly important.

But LAN won't go as far as CX by serving their members and OW elites during meal service.

-CF-

p.s. I personally like to be left alone and can't bare being greeted halfheartedly by an ISM

phlashba May 31, 2010 7:27 pm

Originally Posted by chilledflyer (Post 14053193)
Well for what it's worth, LAN is officially implementing personal greetings by ISM to its members and OW elite in both J and Y as of 1 June, similar to greetings on CX. So for those of you who loves to be greeted - you'll get your egos massaged and will no doubt feel truly important.

But LAN won't go as far as CX by serving their members and OW elites during meal service.

-CF-

p.s. I personally like to be left alone and can't bare being greeted halfheartedly by an ISM

I would still prefer dedicated agents and a special phone number as most airlines provide for their top clients. I really don't know why that's so hard to figure out for LAN. I guess their executives never have to book their own travel or they would know.

PS: what is ISM?

Eastbay1K May 31, 2010 7:48 pm

Originally Posted by phlashba (Post 14053426)
I would still prefer dedicated agents and a special phone number as most airlines provide for their top clients. I really don't know why that's so hard to figure out for LAN. I guess their executives never have to book their own travel or they would know.

I could probably have decent status on LAN if I wanted to - instead I have no OW status on any airline and keep banking my miles with AS. My trips are either in paid discounted business, or business awards. Other than the occasional national flight in Chile where I may have a baggage allowance issue, I haven't found any reason to switch to Lanpass and/or have OW status.