Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What Is Vegas Like During Coronavirus?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2020, 5:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gaobest
maybe the Vegas dominos is really amazing. I can imagine that they’d boost their product over there!
hahahaha! All they would boost is possibly prices. Do you honestly think that he chose to go to Dominos because he heard it was really amazing? I think the only chain restaurant that doesn't raise their prices from what you would pay elsewhere is In & Out Burger...I read that somewhere recently but can't remember where.
Old Jul 8, 2020, 7:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Sometimes known as [ARG:6 UNDEFINED]
Originally Posted by corky
Points are based on money that you put in the machine...not winnings or losses but that is a nice haul.
You won all that money and ended up eating Dominos pizza....so many good places to eat there.
Typical Las Vegas gambler after a win: "Look how much I won!"

Typical Las Vegas gambler after a (MUCH more common) loss: "Er, um...I broke even. About."
Boraxo and bizum like this.
Old Jul 8, 2020, 7:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DenverBrian
Typical Las Vegas gambler after a win: "Look how much I won!"

Typical Las Vegas gambler after a (MUCH more common) loss: "Er, um...I broke even. About."
I consider breaking even a win. I am thrilled to break even.
Silver Fox and mikeyfly like this.
Old Jul 9, 2020, 1:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GM on VX, UA, AA, HA, AS, SY; Budget Fastbreak
We need more Vegas gambling TRs here.
Old Jul 9, 2020, 6:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
I consider breaking even a win. I am thrilled to break even.
Couldn’t agree more - when I’ve spent 2/3 hours on the same $100 and walked away with maybe $100/125 and managed to get sloshed at the same time I feel you’ve truly beaten Vegas
mradey and bizum like this.
Old Jul 9, 2020, 8:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gaobest
We need more Vegas gambling TRs here.
Haven't you heard that what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas? I sure wouldn't want to put my shenanigans in a TR.
Originally Posted by mikeyfly
Couldn’t agree more - when I’ve spent 2/3 hours on the same $100 and walked away with maybe $100/125 and managed to get sloshed at the same time I feel you’ve truly beaten Vegas
This!
that $100 is considered entertainment.. especially with those adult beverages flowing.
mikeyfly likes this.
Old Jul 9, 2020, 9:19 am
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
It is important to gamble in a ‘system’, TR AND MGM are nationwide and perks in each carry forward.
Gambling shouldn’t be looked at as a win-lose proposition. Even small time gamblers (particularly for slot players) get free rooms, free food, free entertainment (mostly on weekdays for ‘small fry’).
corky likes this.
Old Jul 9, 2020, 1:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nrr
It is important to gamble in a ‘system’, TR AND MGM are nationwide and perks in each carry forward.
Gambling shouldn’t be looked at as a win-lose proposition. Even small time gamblers (particularly for slot players) get free rooms, free food, free entertainment (mostly on weekdays for ‘small fry’).
This is why we stressed to Ian to use his card for everything.
Old Jul 9, 2020, 3:19 pm

It was cool Wynn had gaming tables with plexi partitions. I recall every other sink at the Wynn bathroom was sealed off for social distancing somewhat.

The Palazzo bathrooms had plexi partitions at the sinks but not on the gaming tables.
Old Jul 10, 2020, 12:10 am
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I stayed in Caesars Palace for 4 nights. (1)No housekeeping--but you can request extra towels. (2)I stayed in the Forum Tower, of the 6 elevators only 3 were working; to aid in combatting the VIRUS having fewer people in an elevator at one time is prudent--difficult to do with only 1/2 the elevators working.
Old Jul 10, 2020, 11:38 am

Resort Fee

I had an idea on how to ask for a waiver or discount of the fee. Politely ask to speak with a manager and tell them you will not be using the Fitness Center due to Social Distancing nor the boarding pass printing or Phonecalls just WIFI and with a smile ask if it can be waived or pro rated.
Old Jul 10, 2020, 12:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nrr
I stayed in Caesars Palace for 4 nights. (1)No housekeeping--but you can request extra towels. (2)I stayed in the Forum Tower, of the 6 elevators only 3 were working; to aid in combatting the VIRUS having fewer people in an elevator at one time is prudent--difficult to do with only 1/2 the elevators working.
I think no housekeeping is SOP during Covid...I wouldn't want housekeeping in my room. The elevator situation is a problem and I would have complained about that one...4 nights of waiting for elevators? How could only half be running--big complaint from me.
Old Jul 10, 2020, 3:18 pm
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I think no housekeeping is SOP during Covid...I wouldn't want housekeeping in my room. The elevator situation is a problem and I would have complained about that one...4 nights of waiting for elevators? How could only half be running--big complaint from me.
I stayed at Bellagio 3 weeks ago and they did HK. I'm sure they knew about the elevators, so I didn't complain. Perhaps they needed a part to make the repair, but had to be requisitioned through Fed. Gov. procurement channels.
Old Jul 10, 2020, 3:39 pm
nnn

Programs: All-Around Kettle
Originally Posted by nrr
I stayed at Bellagio 3 weeks ago and they did HK. I'm sure they knew about the elevators, so I didn't complain. Perhaps they needed a part to make the repair, but had to be requisitioned through Fed. Gov. procurement channels.
I called Bellagio earlier and they said they are doing HK and running all elevators (except for Spa Tower as it’s closed).
Old Jul 10, 2020, 5:08 pm
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nnn
I called Bellagio earlier and they said they are doing HK and running all elevators (except for Spa Tower as it’s closed).
During my stay at Bellagio, there were 6 elevators for the 1-14 floor group, one of the 6 was "out" for about an hour--not 4+ days as in Caesars Palace.
nnn likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.