Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Korean Air | SkyPass
Reload this Page >

New ICN terminal and Korean Air lounge

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New ICN terminal and Korean Air lounge

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2018, 1:05 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Diamond
I am in the Terminal 2 KE F lounge right now and I agree that it is a bit underwhelming for new construction. A few thoughts (note - I have never been to the old T1 lounge):
  • It is very small - one room with about ~25 pod chairs
  • The chairs are very comfortable, especially the loungers facing the windows overlooking the terminal; also, quite private
  • No service whatsoever while sitting at my chair over the past hour. I've gone to the buffet area and grabbed an espresso and a water on my own
  • There is a buffet with 3-4 hot dishes, cheese, small desserts, ice cream fridge (HD ice cream), fruit, salad, etc. Very "business-class" like, and nothing really caught my eye
  • I did order a la carte. There were four options, and I chose the Chicken Saltimbocca. Credit where credit is due - this is the best lounge entree I've ever eaten. This includes the flagship lounges of Lufthansa, Singapore, Cathay, JAL, etc. It was superb and would have fit in in a restaurant.
  • Did not use/look at shower room
  • Bathroom (which is gorgeous, btw) is single-use which is silly for a lounge but I haven't had to wait, given:
  • I have seen a total of 4 customers over the course of my 1.5 hours in the lounge
  • Would not come to airport early for this lounge, but it isn't a bad place to wait
Old Mar 18, 2018, 2:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by callmedtop
  • I did order a la carte. There were four options, and I chose the Chicken Saltimbocca. Credit where credit is due - this is the best lounge entree I've ever eaten. This includes the flagship lounges of Lufthansa, Singapore, Cathay, JAL, etc. It was superb and would have fit in in a restaurant.
Wow. That is quite a compliment for KE!!
Old Mar 18, 2018, 4:08 am

Currently at terminal 2 flying to sfo

I was able to check out the KAL Prestige lounge, was very underwhelming. Only a few things to eat and drink. It is also a skyteam elite lounge, so the whole lounge was pretty full.

since I had time to kill and I have priority pass from CSR. I decided

SPC lounge

Matina lounge
to check out the Matina Lounge and SPC lounge. I prefer these 2 instead of the KAL lounge. Less people, better food choices. Among the 2 Matina had better food and drinks. SPC had less people but less food choices.

if you guys have priority pass. Check out those lounges before the KAL lounge in terminal 2.
Old Mar 18, 2018, 4:37 pm

Really sickening that they put food on top of newspaper, with the possibility of the newspaper ink and other chemicals leeching into the food. I know I've seen it years ago being done in Korea for street food, but even that seems to have stopped. Whatever organization is responsible for food safety in Korea should immediately shut down this disgusting lounge.
Old Mar 18, 2018, 4:41 pm

Programs: KL-PEFL
'Tis not real newspaper ...
Old Mar 18, 2018, 4:49 pm

Originally Posted by Wangja
'Tis not real newspaper ...
Even if it isn't real newspaper, it's still paper with ink printed on it. do you mean to tell me they use special ink that's been certified to not contain any harmful chemicals if consumed? With any standard printing techniques, it is very likely the hot food and oils will create a chemical reaction with the chemicals used to print the paper. I stand by my reply - totally disgusting, and this lounge should immediately be shut down.
Old Mar 19, 2018, 11:58 am

It is a food wrapper, and such wrappers are widely sold. Welcome to better living through chemistry in the modern age.
Wangja, mikesaidyes and t_cliff like this.
Old Mar 20, 2018, 9:37 pm

Programs: DL DM&MM, DL KMwannabe, HH, AA, TG,
[QUOTE=callmedtop;29538018]I am in the Terminal 2 KE F lounge right now and I agree that it is a bit underwhelming for new construction. A few thoughts (note - I have never been to the old T1 lounge):
  • I did order a la carte. There were four options, and I chose the Chicken Saltimbocca. Credit where credit is due - this is the best lounge entree I've ever eaten. This includes the flagship lounges of Lufthansa, Singapore, Cathay, JAL, etc. It was superb and would have fit in in a restaurant.[/QUOTE
I can only assume that you haven’t been to the private first class dining room in Singapore. Their cooked to order lobster (I arrive shortly before the restaurant was supposed to close but they cheerfully agreed to keep the cook on for me) was, for sure, the best Airline lounge entree -in fact one of the best Entrees- I’ve ever eaten, anywhere.

Last edited by Steve007NY; Mar 21, 2018 at 8:31 am
Old Mar 21, 2018, 12:04 pm

Originally Posted by JoeDaejeon
Even if it isn't real newspaper, it's still paper with ink printed on it. do you mean to tell me they use special ink that's been certified to not contain any harmful chemicals if consumed? With any standard printing techniques, it is very likely the hot food and oils will create a chemical reaction with the chemicals used to print the paper. I stand by my reply - totally disgusting, and this lounge should immediately be shut down.
It's actually paper made specifically for wrapping or holding food using edible food coloring and not ink. It's quite safe for consumption. Universally used in candy, soda pop, cakes, etc...
Wangja likes this.
Old Mar 21, 2018, 9:26 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Diamond
[QUOTE=Steve007NY;29549029]
I am in the Terminal 2 KE F lounge right now and I agree that it is a bit underwhelming for new construction. A few thoughts (note - I have never been to the old T1 lounge):
  • I did order a la carte. There were four options, and I chose the Chicken Saltimbocca. Credit where credit is due - this is the best lounge entree I've ever eaten. This includes the flagship lounges of Lufthansa, Singapore, Cathay, JAL, etc. It was superb and would have fit in in a restaurant.[/QUOTE
I can only assume that you haven’t been to the private first class dining room in Singapore. Their cooked to order lobster (I arrive shortly before the restaurant was supposed to close but they cheerfully agreed to keep the cook on for me) was, for sure, the best Airline lounge entree -in fact one of the best Entrees- I’ve ever eaten, anywhere.
A bit condescending, no? I wrote in my original post that I had been to the flagship lounge of Singapore, which is the Private Room.
Old Mar 21, 2018, 11:28 pm

A bit condescending, no? I wrote in my original post that I had been to the flagship lounge of Singapore, which is the Private Room.
But it's lobster, which is much more expensive than chicken and ergo always better, as you must surely know
Old Mar 23, 2018, 7:40 pm

Programs: Skypass, IHG
Originally Posted by stargold
But it's lobster, which is much more expensive than chicken and ergo always better, as you must surely know
I used to like lobster a lot, then found out the cholesterol part and stayed away. Shell fish are not too healthy, although quite tasty.
Old Mar 23, 2018, 7:42 pm

Programs: Skypass, IHG
Originally Posted by hamburgl4r
I was able to check out the KAL Prestige lounge, was very underwhelming. Only a few things to eat and drink. It is also a skyteam elite lounge, so the whole lounge was pretty full.

since I had time to kill and I have priority pass from CSR. I decided

SPC lounge

Matina lounge
to check out the Matina Lounge and SPC lounge. I prefer these 2 instead of the KAL lounge. Less people, better food choices. Among the 2 Matina had better food and drinks. SPC had less people but less food choices.

if you guys have priority pass. Check out those lounges before the KAL lounge in terminal 2.
Well, if you have CSR, why not do both Matina and SPC? Then you have food and drinks from both places.
Other than food and drinks, which one do you like better?
Old Mar 24, 2018, 7:45 pm

The new KE F lounge is terrible:
1) Lounge employees do not proactively clean food plates in the lounge chairs left by other pax.
2) They also do not offer the a la carte menu first unless you specifically ask for it. Basically if you don't know they have a menu, then you won't be able to order food.
3) There is ONE single washroom that only ONE person can use at a time (one each for men and women). This means the washroom is almost always occupied and if you need to use the washroom quickly, you need to leave the lounge and use another washroom in the airport.

KE's first class onboard experience is also pretty bad but I won't go into the details about that here as this thread is about their lounge(s).
Old Mar 25, 2018, 8:38 pm

Programs: KL-PEFL
Originally Posted by agjil
The new KE F lounge is terrible:
1) Lounge employees do not proactively clean food plates in the lounge chairs left by other pax.
2) They also do not offer the a la carte menu first unless you specifically ask for it. Basically if you don't know they have a menu, then you won't be able to order food.
3) There is ONE single washroom that only ONE person can use at a time (one each for men and women). This means the washroom is almost always occupied and if you need to use the washroom quickly, you need to leave the lounge and use another washroom in the airport.

KE's first class onboard experience is also pretty bad but I won't go into the details about that here as this thread is about their lounge(s).
Agree 100% about the T2 lounge - but I have always found F on-board service to be exemplary.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.