Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Using Skypass Miles on Delta

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2016, 9:15 am

Originally Posted by ronnyk
Thanks for the update. How far out is your trip? Just trying to gather datapoints as to when these class of fares tend to be released for Delta.
Trip is May 23-June 2nd in economy. MCO-SEA-OGG on 5/23 and then OGG-LAX-ATL-MCO 6/2-6/3. I booked the trip back as a stopover with OGG-LAX arriving early morning and LAX-ATL-MCO leaving LAX in the mid afternoon.

The indefinite hold is really nice as I can keep checking every so often to see if anything better comes up for the trip back. I asked when I had to pay/submit the mileage and I was told by 5/20.
Old Sep 23, 2016, 11:36 pm

Originally Posted by Coasterdevils30
Trip is May 23-June 2nd in economy. MCO-SEA-OGG on 5/23 and then OGG-LAX-ATL-MCO 6/2-6/3. I booked the trip back as a stopover with OGG-LAX arriving early morning and LAX-ATL-MCO leaving LAX in the mid afternoon.

The indefinite hold is really nice as I can keep checking every so often to see if anything better comes up for the trip back. I asked when I had to pay/submit the mileage and I was told by 5/20.
Hi I was just wondering, which airline or travel search engine did you find the flights? And how were you able to tell which Delta award flights were the valid ones? Thanks in advance.
Old Sep 24, 2016, 7:07 pm

Originally Posted by HIFlya
Hi I was just wondering, which airline or travel search engine did you find the flights? And how were you able to tell which Delta award flights were the valid ones? Thanks in advance.
I still haven't figured it out completely. I think for the most part for the Hawaii trips, when you search delta's site, if the mileage is 17,500 one way, it should be good on Korean. If it's 22,500 it might be good. You can also check flyingblue as delta is a partner of theirs to see if there is availability showing there as my flights were available on that site. I found Alaska's site to be pretty poor. It showed a good bit of delta flights that were not available on Korean.
Old Oct 11, 2016, 6:25 pm

Programs: UA & AA 1 million miler
I'm looking for direct flights LAX-HNL-LAX on DL First, but I can't find those flights when I checked Air France website.
I understand the award reservation has to be a round trip.
Is it possible to book mix cabins and save miles a bit?
Let's say, outbound is First and inbound is Economy and then pay total 35,000 miles instead of 45,000 miles.
Or, I just need to pay 45,000 miles even outbound flight is in economy no matter what? or it's impossible to book such flights anyways?

Also, how long does it take to transfer points from Chase UR points or Starwood Preferred Guest points to SkyPass?
Old Oct 12, 2016, 7:18 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by MrJBoy
I'm looking for direct flights LAX-HNL-LAX on DL First, but I can't find those flights when I checked Air France website.
I understand the award reservation has to be a round trip.
Is it possible to book mix cabins and save miles a bit?
Let's say, outbound is First and inbound is Economy and then pay total 35,000 miles instead of 45,000 miles.
Or, I just need to pay 45,000 miles even outbound flight is in economy no matter what? or it's impossible to book such flights anyways?

Also, how long does it take to transfer points from Chase UR points or Starwood Preferred Guest points to SkyPass?
I believe you must pay the highest class even on mixed awards bc must book as RT. It should be in KE terms.

UR transfer is instant. I don't know about SPG.
Old Oct 16, 2016, 5:32 am

Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
My understanding is that all your segments must be on the same carrier for US. So in this case, DL. You'd need to find saver level DL flights for the entire trip. At least this is what I did and was successful. These will price out at 22.5k on Alaska search engine. I don't think ATL-HNL is ever available for saver level, but you can try. Anyway, Hawaiian Air and Alaska are not technically part of Skyteam, so you couldn't use KE points for those. http://www.skyteam.com/en/about/korean-air/

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.
I was searching for space and about fell out of my chair when I saw saver space on the Atl-Hnl route in J for late March, Korean was able to see the space but unfortunately couldn't find a return in first class so just went ahead and booked oneway using Flyingblue. So the Atl-Hnl space is possible in first class, there were 3 seats but only for one day out of the whole calendar
Old Nov 9, 2016, 8:45 am

Ugh-- so frustrated. I've been regularly checking the various suggested sites looking for the low-mileage pricing that would suggest availability through Korean Air. I was excited to see yesterday on the Alaska Air website outbound and return flights for Honolulu priced at 22,500 miles each way via Delta on all legs for dates that worked with our schedule. I quickly called Korean and got a call back a couple of hours later, however they told me they saw no available flights on those days.

I actually see a couple more flight choices today on Alaska for the same dates at the 22.5 level. I wish there was some way to convert my UR to Alaska miles. I might try calling Virgin America today, because they will allow by phone redemption of Flying Club miles for certain flights, and I know I can convert UR to VAFC. . . .
Old Nov 19, 2016, 8:47 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Silver, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Plat, Hyatt Globalist
So I know Korean miles can be used for awards on Delta metal. But what about using Korean miles for awards on Delta partners like Virgin Australia?
Old Dec 20, 2016, 8:58 am

Are you sure infinite hold still applies? Seems like other sites are saying it's a 5 day hold, especially for bookings with SkyTeam partners:
http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...skypass-miles/

I think the infinite hold is just for KE awards made on KE metal?
Old Dec 22, 2016, 12:54 pm

Has anyone had any experience with booking a round trip with different origin and final destination? Id be looking to fly jfk-ogg/lih out and then ogg/lih-tpa back. Not sure if this would count as a round trip for the 25k miles.
Did you try to book this trip? Can you share your experience?

I'm planning to book HNL/LIH - JFK, then stopover for few months, and then JFK-CUN (Mexico is considered part of North America in SkyPass' regions). Not sure it that will work
Old Dec 22, 2016, 7:49 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by danukraine
Did you try to book this trip? Can you share your experience?

I'm planning to book HNL/LIH - JFK, then stopover for few months, and then JFK-CUN (Mexico is considered part of North America in SkyPass' regions). Not sure it that will work
I don't think you can open jaw origin and final return. Read that somewhere maybe upthread. You can open jaw at your destination (JFK in your case).
Old Dec 27, 2016, 10:09 am

Originally Posted by extremeromance
I was searching for space and about fell out of my chair when I saw saver space on the Atl-Hnl route in J for late March, Korean was able to see the space but unfortunately couldn't find a return in first class so just went ahead and booked oneway using Flyingblue. So the Atl-Hnl space is possible in first class, there were 3 seats but only for one day out of the whole calendar
I am trying to get Delta business class space via korean skypass for any time in 2017. I checked on Alaska and Flyingblue but cannot find availability on any date in 2017. Can this be possible ?

I did find roundtrip for 30000 KLM miles near august 2017 in economy (Assuming that this is saver space and can be booked on korean)
Old Jan 3, 2017, 6:19 pm

Programs: UR, MR, AA, DL, HH, IHG, Bonvoy
Is this even going to be possible...

We've racked up the 200k UR points from Chase. We want to go from DTW to OGG (That's Detroit to Maui). We want to travel over Christmas next year, as I'm a teacher. So we're looking at anywhere from 12/23 till beginning of Jan. Delta doesn't have Dec 2017 flights out yet.

I have my skypass account. Should I add my family to it, now that you can "book online"? What are the chances of getting 4 tickets at that time? And what about 4 first class tickets?

In looking at the Nov 2017 flights, their are 2 main paths, Detroit to Seattle, or Detroit to LA....then to Maui. I'm going to assume Dec will be similar. Are your chances of getting flights increase by adding in more stops? Because we have some lovely options to fly all over to get there, LOL.

Would we be better off getting ourselves to LA on an airline like Spirit (which often offers cheap flights from DTW to LAX) and then opening ourselves up to a bunch of airlines options to swap our UR points?

HELP!
Old Jan 3, 2017, 7:51 pm

Originally Posted by AimClickShoot

We've racked up the 200k UR points from Chase. We want to go from DTW to OGG (That's Detroit to Maui). We want to travel over Christmas next year, as I'm a teacher. So we're looking at anywhere from 12/23 till beginning of Jan. Delta doesn't have Dec 2017 flights out yet.

I have my skypass account. Should I add my family to it, now that you can "book online"? What are the chances of getting 4 tickets at that time? And what about 4 first class tickets?

In looking at the Nov 2017 flights, their are 2 main paths, Detroit to Seattle, or Detroit to LA....then to Maui. I'm going to assume Dec will be similar. Are your chances of getting flights increase by adding in more stops? Because we have some lovely options to fly all over to get there, LOL.

Would we be better off getting ourselves to LA on an airline like Spirit (which often offers cheap flights from DTW to LAX) and then opening ourselves up to a bunch of airlines options to swap our UR points?

HELP!
DO add your family members to your account ASAP so that you are ready. Once you find the flights, the transfer from UR is instantaneous. I've found that less segments rather than more are more likely to work. So one connection in SEA or LAX should be fine. I think if you ticket at the earliest time, you should be fine.
Old Jan 3, 2017, 8:01 pm

Originally Posted by AimClickShoot

HELP!
It's highly unlikely you'll find any saver level award ticket for that week (let alone 4 tickets), unfortunately.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.