Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Using Skypass Miles on Delta

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2017, 7:33 am

Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
That's correct. It must be the equivalent of DL saver. Google it to find info that'd be helpful for searching.
Thanks for the info!

Having trouble finding the "how to search for delta saver awards" short of going through the calendar manually. But even that I've never seen a saver award for FC to Hawaii on Delta (at least from ALB or BOS). Which jives with what I was told, that basically you'll only ever find anything from west coast and even then it's almost never.
Old Mar 18, 2017, 6:14 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
I've got 4 segments booked by Skypass award on DL metal. Any way to upgrade to Comfort or Biz/First on any/all those legs? There are no DL saver seats available via Skypass, so can't do it that way. I have no status on DL. Doubtful, but thought I'd ask.
Old Mar 18, 2017, 6:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

My only guess would be that you might get a paid upgrade offer on Delta when you check in, or earlier when you choose seats. Did you put your Delta number in the reservation?

But I'm not certain that those offers even come up with it's an award redemption ticket.
Old Mar 21, 2017, 1:30 pm

Programs: UA Premier 1K, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold
I have a DL reservation on hold with SkyPass that has not been ticketed yet. Does anyone know if the held reservation will take the seats out of award inventory (guaranteeing the seat) or if I need to ticket this reservation to confirm the space on DL?

Thans!
Old Mar 21, 2017, 7:30 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by nethead25
I have a DL reservation on hold with SkyPass that has not been ticketed yet. Does anyone know if the held reservation will take the seats out of award inventory (guaranteeing the seat) or if I need to ticket this reservation to confirm the space on DL?

Thans!
This is typical. I was so anxious about it though (w/ 5 tix) that I asked if I could go ahead and ticket, so they did take my tax/fee payment (minor) and then I picked seats via DL website. But historically, no one has had a problem with "holds" and KE will often wait to actually ticket till maybe 2 weeks before flight.
Old Mar 21, 2017, 10:16 pm

I've got 4 segments booked by Skypass award on DL metal. Any way to upgrade to Comfort or Biz/First on any/all those legs? There are no DL saver seats available via Skypass, so can't do it that way. I have no status on DL. Doubtful, but thought I'd ask.
I have the exact same question/issue/desire. So far I have not been able to find the answer on any blogs or forums. I called a DL customer service agent today, and she could see my reservation, but said that my tickets were booked "through an agency, and not yet been ticketed". She went on to say that the easiest thing would be to call "the agency" back and have them upgrade the seats before they are ticketed. So it sounds like on the DL system that KE booked awards appear to them as if they are coming from a travel agency. I asked her what the process would be if the reservation was already ticketed and I wanted to process the upgrade with DL instead of the agency, and she said yes they could do it if there was availability in comfort+ or First; but she was unsure of the how much it would cost because the computer wouldn't tell her without me being ticketed (my assumption is that it will depend on the fare code of the seat that KE "buys"). She went on to say that there could/would be a $200 change fee per ticket for them to process the change in ticket - but hopefully/maybe that is a YMMV thing depending on the agent - seeing as how you are not changing the flight just your seat; but that might be too logical. Also, I thought that I read somewhere that people were seeing the option to upgrade their seats to comfort+ on the DL website under "My trips", but that could have only been for Gold or higher Medallion members.

In terms of booking with KE, I don't know that Comfort+ is even an option that they will allow you to book with Skypass points, and Biz/First is not available at Saver levels on my flights, so that is not an option.

I have considered trying MS my way to at least DL Gold status, but this is likely my only DL flight this year, so I have a really hard time justifying the cost of that when status doesn't even guarantee an upgrade.
Old Mar 22, 2017, 4:04 pm

Award tickets purchased via another airline are almost never upgradable. The rare exception is maybe at the gate when the operating airline is selling an upgrade (for cash).
Old Mar 27, 2017, 6:33 pm

I tried calling and tweeting and was told no, the tickets are Class N, they are non-upgradeable unless the booking agent changes the class and ke doesn't offer a different class for Delta flights (besides first). I too am hoping for some offer on check-in, but am doubtful I'll see one.
Old May 17, 2017, 4:02 am

I'm booked on DL via KE for July. At this point my flights have changed enough with added connection time (to an already long connection) that I won't be able to check through my bags. This is a huge inconvenience for a variety of reasons. In the past with DL award tix, I've been able to change flights altogether with a change such as this. However I've never had a KE award on DL. Is DL as accommodating on partner awards or will I need to contact KE? The tix have been ticketed and appear in my DL account (with an offer to call them re changes).
Old May 30, 2017, 1:43 pm

I recently have problems booking DL flights using KE miles. Does anybody know that Delta changed policy and does not release all lower level 1 award to partners? For example, LAX-HNL on March 17-March 21, I can find level 1 tickets on DL website (45K miles round trip). But on KE website, it came back to be nothing. Since Alaska website does not work on searching DL award anymore, anybody know another way to check?
Old May 30, 2017, 2:43 pm

Originally Posted by Doublejade
I recently have problems booking DL flights using KE miles. Does anybody know that Delta changed policy and does not release all lower level 1 award to partners? For example, LAX-HNL on March 17-March 21, I can find level 1 tickets on DL website (45K miles round trip). But on KE website, it came back to be nothing. Since Alaska website does not work on searching DL award anymore, anybody know another way to check?
You can try Airfrance but sometimes their info just doesn't translate to KE.

Fyi Closest I could find based on your timeframe was 3/13 - 3/21 which is open on KE Skypass.

Last edited by synicasm; May 30, 2017 at 3:05 pm
Old May 31, 2017, 1:58 pm

Originally Posted by synicasm
You can try Airfrance but sometimes their info just doesn't translate to KE.

Fyi Closest I could find based on your timeframe was 3/13 - 3/21 which is open on KE Skypass.
Thanks. I am just wondering if this is normal that Delta does not release all saver award tickets to partners.
Old May 31, 2017, 6:06 pm

Thanks. I am just wondering if this is normal that Delta does not release all saver award tickets to partners.
This drove me crazy. But you have to just keep trying. I've found KE search engine to be very, very picky. Search non-stop segments like LAX-HNL only then MSP-LAX only. Or whatever. Then search as a multi-segment trip.
Old Jun 2, 2017, 1:01 pm

I thought it was one seat in coach and one seat in Bus/FC only that Delta ever released. Is it possible that the one seat that was released has already been taken?
Old Jun 2, 2017, 1:28 pm

Originally Posted by hurnik
I thought it was one seat in coach and one seat in Bus/FC only that Delta ever released. Is it possible that the one seat that was released has already been taken?
I don't think that is true as I have booked 3 Coach via KE on Delta at once PDX to KOA. This was from 2 different UR accounts as well. All at the same time. One caveat is that I actually called KE/skypass to make the Bookings.

Likewise the dates I mentioned above were for 2 coach Tickets that were available via KE search.

I remember reading somewhere that for FC that may be true. Something along the lines of 1 FC available then when that is booked they open another. But I have not confirmed this. Or tried that strategy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.