FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Using Skypass Miles on Delta
View Single Post
Old Jan 3, 2017, 8:01 pm
tth6133

Originally Posted by AimClickShoot
Is this even going to be possible...

We've racked up the 200k UR points from Chase. We want to go from DTW to OGG (That's Detroit to Maui). We want to travel over Christmas next year, as I'm a teacher. So we're looking at anywhere from 12/23 till beginning of Jan. Delta doesn't have Dec 2017 flights out yet.

I have my skypass account. Should I add my family to it, now that you can "book online"? What are the chances of getting 4 tickets at that time? And what about 4 first class tickets?

In looking at the Nov 2017 flights, their are 2 main paths, Detroit to Seattle, or Detroit to LA....then to Maui. I'm going to assume Dec will be similar. Are your chances of getting flights increase by adding in more stops? Because we have some lovely options to fly all over to get there, LOL.

Would we be better off getting ourselves to LA on an airline like Spirit (which often offers cheap flights from DTW to LAX) and then opening ourselves up to a bunch of airlines options to swap our UR points?

HELP!
It's highly unlikely you'll find any saver level award ticket for that week (let alone 4 tickets), unfortunately.