Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NEW: KLM Economy Comfort!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2009, 6:09 am

Programs: FBGold - and that's about it nowadays, with Silver to come shortly :<(
www.presslink.nl/klm

Either they have changed this press link or I am not looking properly (not unusual for me). I find images of House number 90 there.
Old Oct 14, 2009, 10:07 am

Programs: FB M&M AA Amex HH SPG and others
Originally Posted by brian1042
www.presslink.nl/klm

Either they have changed this press link or I am not looking properly (not unusual for me). I find images of House number 90 there.
The link is okay, but it shows the last presslink. When you choose the option "Choose for greater comfort in KLM's economy class" you find the "old" info about this subject.
Old Oct 14, 2009, 1:43 pm

Programs: United 1K, Copa Presidential Plat, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Gold
Was burning a few leftover miles (haven't paid for a ticket with AFKL for a long time now, and certainly not planning to) this weekend.

YUL-AMS, MD11 PH-KCG (Maria Callas). I was expecting an upgrade (I'm still Gold) as I usually get always upgraded to C on that route but instead I got upgraded to Y+. No special signage or anything, but there was a lot more space!

This won't bring me back to AF/KL, but it made this last flight with KL more comfortable.

Ciao
Old Oct 15, 2009, 10:54 am

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M, BA Executive Club, Sofitel Plat, Priority Club, Starwood Preferred Guest
Originally Posted by KLM671
I was expecting an upgrade (I'm still Gold) as I usually get always upgraded to C on that route but instead I got upgraded to Y+. No special signage or anything, but there was a lot more space!

Ciao
Thanks for the info, that's good news!
They have not released the product yet but are already reconfiguring planes.
Old Oct 15, 2009, 1:04 pm

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M, BA Executive Club, Sofitel Plat, Priority Club, Starwood Preferred Guest
These aircraft have been modified

According to my sources at KLM, the following 747's and MD11's have been modified for Economy Comfort.
This means the seat pitch has been increased and recline increased.

I hear that the first row behind Economy Comfort has slightly more pitch (but less than Y+ of course) to compensate for the extra recline of the seat in front of it.
The solution to the issue of not being able to view the PTV screen if the seat in front reclines too much is found in moving the pivot point from middle of the screen to the top of the screen - that way you can pull out the TV more and have a better view.
Interested to hear if this is indeed the case.

747: PH-BFC, BFK, BFM, BFR, BFV, BFW = 6 planes, leaving 16 not yet done.
MD-11: PH-KCA, KCC, KCD, KCE, KCF, KCH, KCK = 7 planes, leaving 3 not yet done.
A330 + 777's not done yet apparently.
Old Oct 15, 2009, 7:46 pm

Programs: United 1K, Copa Presidential Plat, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by jetfan
According to my sources at KLM, the following 747's and MD11's have been modified for Economy Comfort.
This means the seat pitch has been increased and recline increased.

I hear that the first row behind Economy Comfort has slightly more pitch (but less than Y+ of course) to compensate for the extra recline of the seat in front of it.
The solution to the issue of not being able to view the PTV screen if the seat in front reclines too much is found in moving the pivot point from middle of the screen to the top of the screen - that way you can pull out the TV more and have a better view.
Interested to hear if this is indeed the case.

747: PH-BFC, BFK, BFM, BFR, BFV, BFW = 6 planes, leaving 16 not yet done.
MD-11: PH-KCA, KCC, KCD, KCE, KCF, KCH, KCK = 7 planes, leaving 3 not yet done.
A330 + 777's not done yet apparently.
I think PH-KCC (Marie Curie) did not get it, but PH-KCG (Maria Callas) which I flew on in Y+ did

Ciao
Old Oct 16, 2009, 1:48 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM)
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue (AF/KL)
How many rows are they realligning on the MD-11?

Gajan
Old Oct 18, 2009, 11:23 am

Programs: Flying Blue, Eurobonus
Originally Posted by 0059099
- Customer care told me, the final decision on the seat isn't take yet, it could be a hard-shell type, like the AF ones. End on november they will have real photos
God I hope they go for the hardshell. My main pain in economy is when there is a reclining seat in front - and it sounds like this could actually turn out to be WORSE in Economy "Comfort". But if the do a hard shell like AF and have a decent price, I'd be happy to switch back some business to KLM.
Old Oct 18, 2009, 11:54 am

It's not a hard shell (yet).
I hear it's 4 rows in MD11's (plus the 2 seater in row 7 on the right).
For 747's it will be the entire zone between doors 1L and 2L.
Old Oct 18, 2009, 3:22 pm

any word on the 777 ?

And could someone inform when you can pay/ reserve preferred seating ? (for economy) Is that on OLCI?
Old Oct 19, 2009, 7:39 am

Programs: A number, but no status no more
Hi 005099,

Can't answer the 777 question, except for pointing to the earlier post that said that no 777's have been modified yet.

Originally Posted by 0059099
And could someone inform when you can pay/ reserve preferred seating ? (for economy) Is that on OLCI?
According to the info on KLM's website, starting in December, you will be able to do this online, upto 90 days before your flight. Apparently, you could already be able to do this over the phone or via a travel agent. I guess that they don't want to make it available online till most planes have been modified.

They also mention an option at OLCI, so if your plane has been converted, you will be able to take a comfort seat at that point.

Cheers,

GenevaFlyer
Old Oct 19, 2009, 11:13 am

Originally Posted by GenevaFlyer
Hi 005099,

Can't answer the 777 question, except for pointing to the earlier post that said that no 777's have been modified yet.

According to the info on KLM's website, starting in December, you will be able to do this online, upto 90 days before your flight. Apparently, you could already be able to do this over the phone or via a travel agent. I guess that they don't want to make it available online till most planes have been modified.

They also mention an option at OLCI, so if your plane has been converted, you will be able to take a comfort seat at that point.

Cheers,

GenevaFlyer
I hear for 777's it's also 4 rows (plus the two-seaters on either side, row 10).
Not sure if for 777-300's it will be more than 4 rows.

The comment about travel agents is not entirely correct AFAIK.
S/B booking class gets you free access and these can be booked via travel agent (like the preferred seating for Elites and S-fares as we know it today).
But for all booking classes where you pay a fee you need to go to klm.com and get it through the Manage my Booking - can be done from 90 days before departure.
The thing I don't know concerns Platinum Elites - we get it for free but not sure if travel agents can book these or if we also need to go to KLM.com?
Old Oct 19, 2009, 11:56 pm

Programs: Flying Blue
Originally Posted by GenevaFlyer
Hi chunk,

Just the same as with preferred seating ... first booked, first confirmed.

Cheers,

GenevaFlyer
No.. sold to a non PE member
Old Oct 21, 2009, 10:57 pm

What About Skyteam Plats?

Anyone know if the free for Platinum and discounts for Gold & Silver will be extended to other Skyteam elites?
Old Oct 22, 2009, 12:26 pm

Originally Posted by BigFlyer
Anyone know if the free for Platinum and discounts for Gold & Silver will be extended to other Skyteam elites?
Selfishly, I hope not!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.