Community
Wiki Posts
Search

KLM schedule updates/new /cancelled flights

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2022, 7:55 am

I had a flight in December DUB-AMS-NYC and IAD-AMS-DUB. The return flight changed a few months ago since they reduced the frequency IAD-AMS to 5 weekly instead of daily. A few days ago they reduced the number of flights between AMS and DUB from 5 to 2 daily. Hence, a 8+hr layover. Since Dublin was leisure I was a bit stressed I wouldn't make it to NYC, so I wrote to KL and they agreed to drop the AMS-DUB sector. Guess it's a win-win, one pax less.

But.. now my question. I was looking through their flight schemes and KL641 is not bookable anymore. Does anyone know why? I asked the agent to be rebooked one day earlier on KL643, but this change was not allowed. Hopefully they won't cancel the 641 flights in December.

Old Nov 2, 2022, 9:44 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
If you tell us the date, we can see if the flight still is planned.
Old Nov 3, 2022, 2:50 pm

Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
If you tell us the date, we can see if the flight still is planned.
Thx.. However, as expected, KL641 has been cancelled. Rebooked on Delta. However, managed to switch to KL643 the evening before (7 Dec).

Positive part: I called the normal customer service number. Was connected within 1 (!) minute. Rebooking done within 2 minutes as well. Where I expected to hold for at least 30 minutes, it was all arranged in 3 minutes..!
AnaTFN likes this.
Old Nov 4, 2022, 11:37 pm

Programs: UA MM/Gold; WN A-list; HH something depending; Marriott Gold
KLM website now saying labor strikes at or near AMS so flight disruptions on 5-Nov for outbound and connections.
Old Nov 5, 2022, 12:35 am

Originally Posted by abaheti
KLM website now saying labor strikes at or near AMS so flight disruptions on 5-Nov for outbound and connections.
Not labor strikes, but enviromentalists. Expected from 11ish.
Old Nov 5, 2022, 5:33 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
According to Schiphol.nl there would be protests specifically on November 5th. Didn’t notice or see anything out of the ordinary arriving from NS around 9AM ish though.
Old Nov 5, 2022, 8:50 am

Programs: UA MM/Gold; WN A-list; HH something depending; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by EricVdb
Not labor strikes, but enviromentalists. Expected from 11ish.
I stand corrected. Thanks.
Old Nov 6, 2022, 7:14 am

Programs: Flying Blue, Accor
Spoke to a very friendly platinum line agent in Vilnius who rebooked my cancellations in December to my preferred options no problems. No wait time.

Actually this worked out very well for me. I got the timings I originally preferred but at the much lower pricepoint of the flights that ended up cancelled.
Old Nov 9, 2022, 9:28 pm

Question KLM departure from IAD rescheduled to two days PRIOR to original flight

We purchased 2 RT tickets (1 w/ Chase Ultimate Rewards Points and 1 charged on the card) and seat upgrades for KLM flights IAD-AMS-ZNZ / ZNZ-AMS-IAD departing US on 1/16. We went to the KLM app tonight to purchase seat upgrades for the return only to discover our flight has been changed from Monday 1/16 to Saturday 1/14. So far our ZNZ-AMS-IAD remains unchanged. I calIed KLM and I think it was changed two days prior as to keep only 1 layover (AMS) rather than rescheduling on another flight that would have two layovers. I need some help with a couple of things.

1. We need to fly out of CLT and planned to purchase a RT ticket to IAD to coincide with the KLM flights but haven't yet. What's the liklihood that there will be additional flight changes and how to consider this when purchasing CLT-IAD and IAD-CLT? The only non stops to IAD from CLT aren't Sky Alliance.

2. Moving the departure up two days results in additional unplanned expenses, wondering if this could be a claim under trip insurance - cancellation clause?

Thanks
Old Nov 9, 2022, 9:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by jacqbaz
1. We need to fly out of CLT and planned to purchase a RT ticket to IAD to coincide with the KLM flights but haven't yet. What's the liklihood that there will be additional flight changes and how to consider this when purchasing CLT-IAD and IAD-CLT? The only non stops to IAD from CLT aren't Sky Alliance.
Very likely. In these disrupted travel times, it really pays to go the extra mile and book your air ticket according to the actual route you are actually going to have to fly. Putting connecting flights on separate tickets is asking for trouble....even if they are on the same airline/alliance (whatever "Sky Alliance" is )

Why don't you work with the ticket issuer to change your ticket now, such that it departs from CLT (and not from IAD), and departs on the originally-planned date (and not 2 days earlier)?

2. Moving the departure up two days results in additional unplanned expenses, wondering if this could be a claim under trip insurance - cancellation clause?
That would be a matter for your insurer. Nobody here can give you any advice, because only you know what policy you might have taken out. Enquire with your insurer.
Old Nov 10, 2022, 9:56 am

My KLM Flight got cancelled and rescheduled to one later in the day. The change in time is fine with me, but I had also booked this flight with some friends on different itineraries. None of us are able to change our seats now or even see the seat map. We're booked in J so we should be able to change our seats as needed. Does anyone know if this is because it was rescheduled just a few hours ago? Will we have access to update it in the future?
Old Nov 10, 2022, 11:59 am

Thanks, not sure I understand, since KLM doesn't fly from CLT. Understanding this would be helpful as we rarely, if ever, are able to take advantage of international deals from the CLT airport.
Old Nov 12, 2022, 8:52 pm

Originally Posted by splflyer
KLM will operate a daily flight to Kattowitz /KTW i.Flights will leave AMS at 14h20 and KTW at 16h50. KTW is KLM 6th destination in Poland
It is operated by E 195-2 flights start sunday october 30
Do we know how this flight has been performing since launch and what the bookings look like into the future?

Any chance klm will be adding a morning flight for connections to north America?
Old Nov 13, 2022, 5:55 am

Programs: Flying Blue, Accor
Thanks, not sure I understand, since KLM doesn't fly from CLT. Understanding this would be helpful as we rarely, if ever, are able to take advantage of international deals from the CLT airport.
Delta does serve CLT, so there should be options for single tickets to Europe. Booking separate tickets may offer attractive prices in some cases, but the added cost is that you assume some risks in case of schedule changes or delays. You can mitigate that risk with appropriate insurance or not, but it is not up to either airline to be particularly helpful.
irishguy28 and jebr like this.
Old Nov 14, 2022, 12:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
It is possible to put flights operated by different airlines on a single ticket.

KLM doesn’t only sell journeys from the airports where it flies with its own planes. Check for yourself; go to klm.com, search for flights from CLT to ZNZ, and see what it suggests.

Next time, ask your agent to book a flight starting in CLT, and going to wherever you want to go. This could, for example, involve a Delta commuter flight to JFK, ATL, DTW or BOS before connecting to a transatlantic flight (on KL, AF, VS or DL). You don’t have to go through this rigmarole of booking a ticket from a distant airport, and then trying to book another ticket just to get you to the origin of this other ticket.
jebr likes this.

Last edited by irishguy28; Nov 14, 2022 at 12:58 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.