Community
Wiki Posts
Search

KLM schedule updates/new /cancelled flights

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2022, 9:13 am

Originally Posted by Goldorak
My turn to ask you questions : is the BUD-AMS an award or revenue ticket ? And how are you doing AMS-CDG? Another separate dossier or did you book a new award AMS-CDG-ORD?
To answer your questions, the BUD-AMS was a revenue ticket. AMS-CDG was part of the AMS-CDG-ORD all on one ticket. BUT, after you very kindly reminded me that I wouldn't be protected, I scrapped the entire plan all together. I ended up paying the fee to redeposit fee to FB for my miles. I should have just cancelled the itinerary when KLM cancelled AMS-ORD but wasn't thinking about the repercussions of a misconnect. In the end, I used Lifemiles to book BUD-BRU-ORD, cancelled BUD-AMS (for free because I bought a refundable ticket) and cancelled the AMS-CDG-ORD. I had to pay a small fee but the peace of mind was totally worth it for me. Thank you again for your helping and for talking some sense into me.
johan rebel, Goldorak and AnaTFN like this.
Old Oct 20, 2022, 1:30 pm

Programs: UA MM/Gold; WN A-list; HH something depending; Marriott Gold
Data point: LAX-AMS-LIS; November; award ticket; business class; 2 pax. Last week they switched my flights LAX-AMS-LIS from a 3-4 hour layover in AMS to 12-13 hour due to a cancellation of my AMS-LIS segment. I called and was told I had to call Flying Blue. Called and got disconnected. Called and had a magical agent who found me flights on Air France LAX-CDG-LIS. I proposed different flights and he said "sure". On hold for like 60 seconds and got an email confirming the change. No issue flipping carrier.

Today they cancelled my OPO-AMS leg of the return and put me on one that appears to be the following day. However my AMS-LAX leg is still showing the original flights. So I seem to have a negative 20 hour layover.

Last edited by abaheti; Oct 21, 2022 at 9:28 am
Old Oct 21, 2022, 12:01 am

Programs: FB Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite
BUD-AMS-ATL-DFW, LGA-ORD-AMS-BUD late November.

BUD-AMS cancelled, explained I can not take morning flights and only available option was now from PRG
AMS-BUD cancelled, explained I want to leave New York midday from LGA and not JFK and arrive in Europe before lunch, rerouted to VIE.
PRG-AMS cancelled so now leaving 8:50 with about six hours in AMS. Staying on these flights as there are no good seats by the window for two on any flights.

Done within a few minutes. Pretty happy with this, booking flights from BUD saves me thousands and in case of any irregularity DL is willing to switch to 300 miles radius even now. I rather don't want to know how much it would be have I booked this outright.

Sweet secret? I book with Delta even it means I am not in game for Ultimate which I would have probably achieved if I was booking AFKL stock. You get more miles too.
Dominikkk likes this.
Old Oct 21, 2022, 4:40 am

Programs: Delta GM; FB Plat; HHonors Diamond; Hertz PC; National EE
Originally Posted by abaheti
Today they cancelled my OPO-AMS leg of the return and put me on one that appears to be the following day. However my AMS-LAX leg is still showing the original flights. So I seem to have a negative 20 hour layover.
It seems that KLM has taken the afternoon and evening AMS-OPO-AMS return flights (KL1713/14/15/16) out of the schedule starting october 30 until december 31, leaving only the morning flight (KL1711/12). Messed up my plans as well.

What I don't understand is why they kept only the early morning flight, as there are several Skyteam options already for this route in the morning (AF through CDG or UX through MAD). But there is no other afternoon or evening option. It would have been more logical to keep the afternoon flight.
Goldorak and abaheti like this.
Old Oct 21, 2022, 4:11 pm

I just called Flying Blue and same as last time -- no complaints. I asked if I could change flights to Air France that I see available and he made the switch in like 60 seconds. No email yet, but I see the new flights on the website. So, AF OPO-CDG-LAX, and the departure is now at 11:55am as opposed to 05:00am on my original KLM flight, but our first leg is on Hop (I'll live). I love KLM, but have never flown AF business class so these two flights should be fun.
AnaTFN likes this.
Old Oct 22, 2022, 2:22 pm

Programs: Der 5* FTL
AF J is better than KL J in all fronts, in some the difference is marginal, in others it's bigger, but everything is at least slightly better, the food, the drink (wonder what champagne they offer nowadays), especially the lounges. With recent state of AMS not even transfer experience is better for KLM.

edit: unless you lose the lottery and end up on COI plane. I will grant that that is worth switching to KL.
abaheti and SkyteamEP like this.
Old Oct 23, 2022, 1:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
edit: unless you lose the lottery and end up on COI plane. I will grant that that is worth switching to KL.
COI planes have all been retrofitted and got the same J seats as in the A350. Nothing wrong with them anymore (in J of course, Y is another story).
Old Oct 23, 2022, 8:56 am

Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
AF J is better than KL J in all fronts, in some the difference is marginal, in others it's bigger, but everything is at least slightly better, the food, the drink (wonder what champagne they offer nowadays), especially the lounges. With recent state of AMS not even transfer experience is better for KLM.

I really disagree. AF is especially better on catering, as well as the lounge but on service and attention, KL is MUCH better. I experience AF FA’s as reserved and stiff while the Dutch are much more loose and approachable, simply more friendly. For me that really makes or breaks a flight.
Old Oct 23, 2022, 11:15 am

Programs: FB plat, M&M FT
Originally Posted by BobTL
I really disagree. AF is especially better on catering, as well as the lounge but on service and attention, KL is MUCH better. I experience AF FA’s as reserved and stiff while the Dutch are much more loose and approachable, simply more friendly. For me that really makes or breaks a flight.
AMEN to that. I have no idea if it is recruitment or training at KLM but their flight attendants do a really brilliant job!
Old Oct 23, 2022, 11:18 am

Programs: BA Silver
We’ve had a cancellation on AMS-NCL as part of an YVR-AMS-NCL itinerary. The auto rebook was onto a later flight to NCL however there is a flight to Manchester at the same time as our original flight avoiding an additional 4 hours of lay over. Are KLM likely to accept this as an alternative if we call up? I’m not sure on their rules for alternative destinations.

Thanks in advance!
Old Oct 23, 2022, 11:18 am

Programs: FB plat, M&M FT
I have no idea what has been happening at KLM lately but in the recent days they have cancelled a few of my flights in November. Got rebooked onto other flights automatically, most of them were acceptable solutions except that one flight. Called Platinum Line in France, got informed they cannot offer me any other solutions cause that would be AF, and I have booked with KLM (?!) and that maybe KLM would add some flights till then (oh really?).

So I called the intl platinum line, the issue got solved in no time without any unnecessary comments.
Old Oct 23, 2022, 11:29 am

Originally Posted by Goldorak
COI planes have all been retrofitted and got the same J seats as in the A350. Nothing wrong with them anymore (in J of course, Y is another story).
777-300 on outbound, 777-200 on return, so assuming/hoping this means I'm ok?

Originally Posted by BobTL
I really disagree. AF is especially better on catering, as well as the lounge but on service and attention, KL is MUCH better. I experience AF FA’s as reserved and stiff while the Dutch are much more loose and approachable, simply more friendly
That seems hinted at by the apparent set up of a self-serve cart for drinks and snacks as opposed to FAs checking on passengers during the flight? :-) It is fascinating how FA attention/care can be so reflective of the carrier's home country culture. I'll settle for polite FAs and good food/drink -- given cancellations and the ability to avoid AMS right now.
Old Oct 24, 2022, 5:20 am

Way back in January, I booked a round trip MME-AMS-CPH for this December. On the KLM app and online via my PNR, the flight (KL1534) from MME shows and all is good - but when I try and look on the KLM website, or via google flights, the flight no longer exists.
Has the flight been scrubbed and the app/online booking hasn't caught up yet, or am I worrying needlessly ?

MME-AMS-CPH is the first part of a much longer trip, so getting to CPH is vital !
Old Oct 24, 2022, 5:47 am

Programs: OW Sapphire, *A Gold
Originally Posted by Mint Cake
Way back in January, I booked a round trip MME-AMS-CPH for this December. On the KLM app and online via my PNR, the flight (KL1534) from MME shows and all is good - but when I try and look on the KLM website, or via google flights, the flight no longer exists.
Has the flight been scrubbed and the app/online booking hasn't caught up yet, or am I worrying needlessly ?

MME-AMS-CPH is the first part of a much longer trip, so getting to CPH is vital !
If you give me the date and flight number i can check on EF, but most likely it's just fully booked.
Old Oct 24, 2022, 5:59 am

Originally Posted by Deckter
If you give me the date and flight number i can check on EF, but most likely it's just fully booked.
Thank you - its KL1534 on 15th Den 10:40 deprture from MME

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.