Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How to get refund if 10% seat option wasn't deducted

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2020, 7:55 am
Original Poster

How to get refund if 10% seat option wasn't deducted

A few days before flying home, i bought a eco-comfort seat of 120 euro. Could not see any evidence the 10% was deducted.
I asked KLM but it's been almost 2 weeks and they can't access the booking anymore and thus no answer or refund of the 10% flying blue discount on seat option.
My first KLM flight after avoiding them for 2 years, and it seems they screwed me over.
Has anybody experienced this before? Any ideas how to get it sorted?
Thanks in advance.
M
Old Mar 13, 2020, 4:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
If you were logged in as a Flying Blue member, then the price you were offered is the price with the discount included.

Regardless, you agreed to - and paid - the price you were quoted when you authorised payment.

Given the travel upheaval currently going on, and the fact that customer service is currently swamped with real customers having real and immediate problems, forgive me for having little sympathy in this case.
Old Mar 14, 2020, 10:41 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the reply.
KLM could have given me this explanation too.
Maybe i overlooked, and it's mentioned somewhere on some statement.
Old Mar 19, 2020, 12:18 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, Eurobonus Silver, ALL Gold
You didn't overlook anything. The prices you see are the ones you are paying. If you want to double check, do a fake booking without logging in, then log in and see the difference for yourself. It sounds extremely uncomplicated to me so I don't know what more you want.
Old Mar 19, 2020, 7:09 pm

Programs: Flying Blue
Originally Posted by Mcflyneo
Thanks for the reply.
KLM could have given me this explanation too.
Maybe i overlooked, and it's mentioned somewhere on some statement.
you might realize that KLM has a 1000% more requests for information at the moment hence they might have chosen to choose to reply to other request for information first.
Old Mar 29, 2020, 3:19 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Maestro Ramen
You didn't overlook anything. The prices you see are the ones you are paying. If you want to double check, do a fake booking without logging in, then log in and see the difference for yourself. It sounds extremely uncomplicated to me so I don't know what more you want.
Thanks for the info. I made a fake booking and indeed, KLM did not deduct the 10% FFP discount.
So much for flying KLM anymore.
Old Mar 29, 2020, 3:34 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Meneer Guggenheimer
you might realize that KLM has a 1000% more requests for information at the moment hence they might have chosen to choose to reply to other request for information first.
They replied in a timely matter"booking is closed". But as i found out, they didn't deduct the discount.
Old Mar 29, 2020, 9:46 am

Programs: FB Club 2000, M&M Hon
They replied in a timely matter"booking is closed". But as i found out, they didn't deduct the discount.
a) 10% = flying blue explorer = no frequent flyer
b) I would be happy to give KLM this € 12.
c) Why don't people check the amount they are going to pay?
Old Apr 1, 2020, 11:15 am

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, Eurobonus Silver, ALL Gold
Thanks for the info. I made a fake booking and indeed, KLM did not deduct the 10% FFP discount.
So much for flying KLM anymore.
If there is one thing I hate it's unsubstantiated claims. So I did this test myself, and the results were as follows:

* The 10% reduction was applied correctly to all premium seats
* The standards seats had zero reduction on them

This is exactly as intended as FB rules stipulate (not applicable on standard seats)

So my guess is you were mistakenly still logged into your account in the background although you did not notice it. Anyway there is no need to make up false information: the 10% discounts works correctly and as advertised!

Fabo.sk, Thysk and glennhaak like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.