Community
Wiki Posts
Search

50 euro compensation for two day delay

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2018, 6:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Hyatt Globalist UA 1K MM, Delta Diamond
50 euro compensation for two day delay

Platinum here. Recently flying ZRH-AMS-MEX in J. Flight into AMS was delayed from weather and I was stuck in AMS two days. Miss my whole reason to go to MEX. CS offered nothing and after arguing 50 Euro. I’ve realized KLM CS is garbage. Years ago I helped out FAs being attacked by a pax and prevented a diversion. Never heard from KLM not a thank you nor an offer to pay for my injuries. At this point. I’m done. UA comped me 1K. Looking forward to going back to UA
Old Aug 15, 2018, 2:05 am

Programs: FB Plat, SQ*G, OW Emerald, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by ryan754
Platinum here. Recently flying ZRH-AMS-MEX in J. Flight into AMS was delayed from weather and I was stuck in AMS two days. Miss my whole reason to go to MEX. CS offered nothing and after arguing 50 Euro. I’ve realized KLM CS is garbage. Years ago I helped out FAs being attacked by a pax and prevented a diversion. Never heard from KLM not a thank you nor an offer to pay for my injuries. At this point. I’m done. UA comped me 1K. Looking forward to going back to UA
Why stuck in AMS for 2 days? AF also operates to MEX from CDG so rerouting was available next day, especially since you're Platinum on FlyingBlue.
AeroMexico operates almost daily if not daily to AMS as well, departing at late night. That was another option to take. Plus, rerouting via the USA on DL the next morning?

In such cases I would never accept look for compensation, just for the best fitting option to get to MEX and KLM CS will not be done with me until I am satisfied. Compensation is something to think about after my trip is completed but never my priority at first. My advise: take the lead yourself and prompt agents to do what you want to receive and be flexible.
Old Aug 15, 2018, 2:09 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Is there a question in our future or is this just a rant? Once again, what is the full story, as I can't believe you had no options between AMS and MEX for two days. How does UA comp you 1K if you are a MM? I'm confused.
Goldorak and Fabo.sk like this.
Old Aug 15, 2018, 4:48 am

Cool story, bro.
Old Aug 16, 2018, 10:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Hyatt Globalist UA 1K MM, Delta Diamond
I was originally on AM. The late departure from AMS. As for the two day delay. All flights were full in J in the next day. Therefore the two day delay. I wasn’t about to fly Y for ten hours. I ended up on KLM instead of AM which was unfortunate. As for UA Long story. Pretty much stopped flying them for many years. I just think 50 euro is a joke all in all.
Old Aug 16, 2018, 10:31 am
Original Poster

Yes I was offered a Delta routing. J to Atlanta with a long layover and Y to MEX. I didn’t accept because of the downgrade and also needing to clear customs twice in a day. I’d already missed my original purpose of going to MEX. So I was happy at the end of the day with two nights paid in AMS.
Old Aug 18, 2018, 11:44 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
If you missed the original purpose to got to MEX, why didn't you just cancel the trip (And ask for a refund)?
Fabo.sk likes this.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 2:55 am

Programs: FB Silver, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Xandrios
If you missed the original purpose to got to MEX, why didn't you just cancel the trip (And ask for a refund)?
THIS ^, plus compensation.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 3:10 am

Programs: AMEX Platinum, BA Gold, Flying Blue Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by mfkne
THIS ^, plus compensation.
Why compensation? OP says original delay was due to weather, so nothing KL could have done to prevent that. If J is full and you choose to not fly, I don't believe they could have done more. Seems with bits of more information there were several options available, but just not to the liking of the OP. I can understand not to want to spend 10 hours in Y, let me be clear But I don't think it's fair to dump this all on KL. 50 euros is a joke and I can't imagine you get something more if you escalate to a supervisor.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 8:24 am

Programs: FB Silver, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by kevinflyaway
Why compensation? OP says original delay was due to weather, so nothing KL could have done to prevent that.
Errm, yes, indeed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.