Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mess in AMS today - up to March 2022

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2018, 3:20 pm

Programs: AF/KL Plat, BA Gold, A3 Gold, IHG Diamond, MR Gold, HH Diamond, ALL Platinum
Currently in Budapest with a heavy delay on KL 1978... We will land around 2.15 am instead of 7.20 pm due to a pitot tube failure on PH-BGT which will be fixed overnight thanks to some parts that PH-BXI will bring. Therefore missed our connection to Maastricht and managed to book a one way rental with hertz after opening hours... completely useless ground handling in BUD, called call center twice (Hungarian call center first which told me that the flight was still available while we were just offloaded) and the Dutch call center who refused to rebook us on Eurowings to DUS despite seats being available. No leaflet about EU 261/2004, barely a food voucher with ground staff pretending they do not know EU 261/2004. Despite KLM having my email address, mobile number, what's app and messenger contact details, I did not received any single text or email indicating the delay. Just a big failure from KL in my opinion. I guess I will fall asleep at work tomorrow...

Last edited by palmanfr; Feb 12, 2018 at 3:41 pm
Old Feb 13, 2018, 5:45 am

How does this relate to Amsterdam?
Old Feb 13, 2018, 9:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by palmanfr
called call center twice (Hungarian call center first which told me that the flight was still available while we were just offloaded) and the Dutch call center who refused to rebook us on Eurowings to DUS despite seats being available.
IME, if you are trying to get rerouted on another carrier than AF/KL, especially a non-Skyteam carrier, it is a complete waste of time to speak to the call centre (not just with KL but with pretty much any airline). Call centre agents are not normally empowered to rebook on third-party carriers in irrops. Airport agents tend to have more leeway to rebook on third party carriers (although sometimes they too can be extremely restricted).
KL803 likes this.
Old Feb 13, 2018, 2:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Originally Posted by CyBeR
How does this relate to Amsterdam?
Well in fairness the flight is going to Amsterdam and it must be horrible landing at 02h15, whether at Amsterdam or wherever. And another flight rotation out of Amsterdam is going to be messed up because of this.
Old Feb 28, 2018, 7:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

KLM is experiencing disruption due to power failure

"KLM is currently experiencing a power failure. This failure causes a disruption for our operational systems that are based on the ground. Our service centers are currently not or hardly accessible. Due to the failure, several flights are experiencing delays. The aircraft that have already departed are not affected by the disruption, safety is not compromised. We are working hard on a solution. At the moment it is not clear when the disruption will be solved. Our apologies for the inconvenience. For the latest updates see the flight disruption page."

Flightstats lists the current AMS delay status as excessive.

Johan
Old Feb 28, 2018, 8:20 am

Programs: FB Silver, Hilton Diamond
Second power outage in Amsterdam in a week's time - the previous one caused baggage handling to collapse, this one took out KLM only.
Old Feb 28, 2018, 8:46 am

Bodes well for my flight out of HUY to MNL via AMS tomorrow :-(
Old Feb 28, 2018, 10:02 am

Programs: FB plat for life
happy that we are abandoning gas as primary source of energy - electricity is so much more reliable.....
Old Feb 28, 2018, 10:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

A Snapshot

That's 20 cancelations in a two-hour period. Another 13 earlier/later flights have also been canceled. So far.

Those two flights listed as "Scheduled - On-time" have yet to depart".

A true mess!

Johan
Attached Images    

Last edited by johan rebel; Feb 28, 2018 at 10:47 am
Old Mar 1, 2018, 4:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Another Great Day for KL at AMS!

26 Cancelations until 12 noon, and between , and not a single KL flight departed on between 8 and 12 a.m.

Johan
Attached Images     
Old Mar 1, 2018, 11:50 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska MVP Gold.
Fun. Because of the absolutely boneheaded Flying Blue password reset scheme, I can't get into my account anymore. No problem, I'll just get support to reset my password and un-block my account.

Yeah, no dice. Twitter hasn't responded for a day now, and even the Plat line is not answering calls. Yikes, KLM. You could've seen this coming.
Old Mar 1, 2018, 11:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by johan rebel
26 Cancelations until 12 noon, and between , and not a single KL flight departed on between 8 and 12 a.m.

Johan
Could be worse!

Glasgow, Edinburgh, Dublin, Shannon and Cork airports are all currently closed. In the latter 3 cases, until Saturday.
Attached Images  
Old Mar 1, 2018, 12:33 pm

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by mfkne
Second power outage in Amsterdam in a week's time - the previous one caused baggage handling to collapse, this one took out KLM only.
I thought the baggage handling in Amsterdam was collapsed permanently, do you mean it can get even worse?
Old Mar 1, 2018, 1:31 pm

Programs: FB plat for life
Originally Posted by caliform
Yeah, no dice. Twitter hasn't responded for a day now, and even the Plat line is not answering calls. Yikes, KLM. You could've seen this coming.
PLAT line indeed did not allow to wait - just hung up - so I Whatsapped about a flight to be changed - 39 minutes and I had a response. Not the one I hoped for but a good one though
Old Mar 1, 2018, 2:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by irishguy28
Could be worse!

Glasgow, Edinburgh, Dublin, Shannon and Cork airports are all currently closed. In the latter 3 cases, until Saturday.
Wow!

How much snow does it take to shut Ireland and Scotland down? ½ a foot?

Johan

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.