Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue > KLM Flying Dutchman
Reload this Page >

Schiphol to introduce centralised security for non-Schengen from 2015

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Schiphol to introduce centralised security for non-Schengen from 2015

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2015, 10:48 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by mfkne
"Ik wil graag een handmatige controle". That's what I always tell them. When you intend to ask for that, you can already take off your shoes and send them through the x-ray because they will ask you to anyway.
Originally Posted by Dieuwer
Yes, that is very strange. What's the point of having those scanners if you get patted-down anyway.
Some people are just lucky! Looking forward to it next week
Old Jul 19, 2015, 5:50 am

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum, TK Star Alliance Gold
Originally Posted by Dieuwer
Yes, that is very strange. What's the point of having those scanners if you get patted-down anyway.
The MMW-scanners check for objects on your body. That means anything that resembles "something" on your body. Even wrinkled clothing sometimes. That's why you usually get a pat-down at the location the software indicates.

If you get green screen saying "CLEAR" it would be a small miracle. Blame this fellow.
Old Jul 19, 2015, 6:08 am

Programs: FB Plat, Privium
50/50 chance for me to see the green screen. When I have a manual check, it's often somewhere around my pulse. Can't complain.
Old Jul 20, 2015, 1:53 am

Originally Posted by troje
50/50 chance for me to see the green screen. When I have a manual check, it's often somewhere around my pulse. Can't complain.
Can't complain? In 100% of the cases you get an dose of radiation with unknown long term effect and only in 50% of the cases you don't get an pat down? The alternative being 100% pat down and no radiation with unknown long term effect. They can frisk me the other 50% of the cases too, a clear no-brainer to me...
Old Jul 20, 2015, 10:55 pm

Programs: Flying blue
Well that was a nice LONG walk form the end of pier F to find the lounge, felt like you were going circles around the airport in the new upstairs section.
Old Jul 21, 2015, 4:01 am

Programs: Flying blue
On the upside, the lack of security check on the gate side is a real benefit
Old Aug 2, 2015, 1:07 pm
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Has anyone tried to enter the non-shengen area by going through the Shengen security check? This was mentioned as a possible trick upthread to avoid long lines.

Next week I'll be dropping off somebody for a Shengen flight, after which I'll be departing myself with a colleague from the non-shengen part. Would I be able to enter the Shengen area, guest someone into lounge 25, head to non-shengen and guest the second person into lounge 52?

First; would I be able to enter the Shengen area/lounge with a non-shengen ticket, and second; would I be able to guest two people into the lounge at the two locations? Do the lounges share information between them regarding visits. Would #52 be able to see that I already invited somebody at #25?
Old Aug 2, 2015, 1:22 pm

Programs: FB Platinum for Life; BAEC Gold Guest List; Accor Gold.
Originally Posted by Xandrios
Has anyone tried to enter the non-shengen area by going through the Shengen security check? This was mentioned as a possible trick upthread to avoid long lines.

Next week I'll be dropping off somebody for a Shengen flight, after which I'll be departing myself with a colleague from the non-shengen part. Would I be able to enter the Shengen area, guest someone into lounge 25, head to non-shengen and guest the second person into lounge 52?

First; would I be able to enter the Shengen area/lounge with a non-shengen ticket, and second; would I be able to guest two people into the lounge at the two locations? Do the lounges share information between them regarding visits. Would #52 be able to see that I already invited somebody at #25?
On the two guests/two lounges issue: I would imagine you will be rumbled!

BPs are scanned on entry and, almost certainly, the information gleaned goes into a central computer (primarily, for non-FB folks, so that KLM can pass on the relevant costs to the relevant airline).

But I have no idea what will be your punishment if/when you are caught!

-- Henry
Old Aug 2, 2015, 1:32 pm

Would I be able to enter the Schengen area/lounge with a non-schengen ticket
Yes. I do it all the time - because it doesn't make sense to walk all the way to the other end when I'm departing from D6
Old Aug 2, 2015, 4:27 pm

Is there a separate sky priority line like there used to be at the gates?
Old Aug 3, 2015, 12:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: FB Silver, Hilton Diamond
There is a separate entrance to the security zone for Sky Priority/other priority passengers and Privium, but after that entrance typically there is no separation between priority and non-priority passengers, most notably at passport control.
Old Aug 3, 2015, 9:20 pm

Programs: DL SPlat, KLM Bump, Privium Plus, GOES
Originally Posted by Xandrios
I asked a KMar in the privium lounge and he said it was ok (was meeting someone in the Schengen area with a non-Schengen ticket). Used my privium pass to enter...
Old Aug 4, 2015, 2:59 am

Programs: FB Gold
First experience with the new set up, last thursday 1000 Departures 2, up the escalator, all looks good, 1 minute wait to be directed to a station, seconds to get my things in a bin, green on the scanner as usual, seconds to re-assemble my things, choice of immigration machines waiting for me, the whole process took about 5 minutes.

Not having been in Departures 2 for a while it was quite a shock to descend in to the building site that it now is, nice when it's finished I'm sure. Oh, and thanks BA for giving me an extra 3 hours in that building site, and sorry U2 for being unfaithful, I've learnt my lesson and won't do it again.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.