Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue > KLM Flying Dutchman
Reload this Page >

Schiphol to introduce centralised security for non-Schengen from 2015

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2015, 1:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If they had any sense they would just abolish passport checks upon departure.

Johan
Old Jun 21, 2015, 1:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by johan rebel
If they had any sense they would just abolish passport checks upon departure.

Johan
?

These are required for many countries.
Old Jun 22, 2015, 1:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Yes...but not all. The UK only just (re-?)introduced checks on departure.
Old Jun 22, 2015, 1:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by irishguy28
Sorry I thought it was meant the airline checks the person's passport to ensure he will be admitted to his destination; not the presence of government-implemented exit checks.
Old Jun 22, 2015, 3:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: FB Silver, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Calchas
Sorry I thought it was meant the airline checks the person's passport to ensure he will be admitted to his destination; not the presence of government-implemented exit checks.
Yes, and that is still done. There's an exit check done by KMar and a travel document check at the gate by the airline.
Old Jun 22, 2015, 10:52 am

Programs: DL SPlat, KLM Bump, Privium Plus, GOES

Fun times to come, not because of security or the KMar but our douane is going to perform a 100% baggage check this comming monday and tuesday on pax having AMS as a final destination.
Expect to see this happening again every 3-4 weeks, that's until they have a new 'CAO'

Last edited by Grouchy; Jun 22, 2015 at 10:58 am
Old Jun 23, 2015, 8:45 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
From what I read this will only be followed in the morning hours - afternoon/evening arrivals should theoretically be fine.

We'll see - I'll be arriving monday (early) evening.
Old Jun 29, 2015, 11:28 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
The protests have been rescheduled to July 6th between 7 and 11 AM. During this period every arriving suitcase will be manually searched. Expect huge queues..
Old Jun 30, 2015, 1:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

From a Privium e-mail:

"Although the security process has been changed, the construction works aren’t finished yet. For Privium members, we are still working on the following facilities:

Departure Hall 2

• ClubLounge and check-in desks (1st floor): a Privium gate will be installed in front of the escalator to the Priority waiting area.

• Security checks (2nd floor): the entrance to the Priority waiting area currently only has boarding card readers. We will be installing a Privium gate here and your Privium Card will then provide fast access to the Priority waiting area.

Departure Hall 3

• Check-in desks (1st floor): at the rear of desk row 23, you will find the entrance to the security checks on the right. We will be installing a Privium gate at this Priority entrance.

• Security checks (2nd floor): we will be installing boarding card readers and a Privium gate at the entrance to the Priority waiting area. Your Privium Card will then provide fast access to the Priority waiting area.

The Privium gates at all the border passages are now operational. However, some of the Privium gates may occasionally be out of service due to construction work. We would ask for your understanding should you experience any inconvenience as a result.
"

Johan
Old Jul 5, 2015, 2:23 am

Programs: FB Elite
Mixed bag this morning at departures 2. First 10 minutes of standing in front of a closed off section. 4 staff members present, no scanners operated though. Then re-routes to another section and went through in 8 minutes. Considering its quite busy today, the 8 minutes was okay. The waiting at the closed off section was annoying though. Add 3 minutes for passport check.
Old Jul 5, 2015, 7:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I assume that this was regular security, not priority?

Johan
Old Jul 5, 2015, 8:51 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum for Life, AccorLiveLimitless Platinum, Qatar Airways Gold
Priority took me 12 minutes today in terminal 2. This was due to the lack of trays at first and then due to the huge amount of manual inspections. Passport took an additional 3 minutes.

Last edited by Brendan88; Jul 5, 2015 at 11:56 pm
Old Jul 5, 2015, 10:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

12 minutes is still far too long for "priority" security.

I used CPH Express the other day, took me a minute.

Johan
Old Jul 5, 2015, 8:47 pm
j2h

Programs: KL PE For Life; UA Premier; SQ; InterContinental Ambassador; BA Exec
Busy Sunday at Schiphol around 11:30 but priority security at T2 was a breeze. Non-priority lines seemed manageable.
From curb side drop-off through immigration (Privium) in under 5 minutes.

Very interestingly, KLM (for CZ) did not check passport at the gate
Old Jul 7, 2015, 4:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Customs officers inspected all arriving passengers at Schiphol yesterday between 06:00 and 10:00. Processing times were as long as an hour.

http://nos.nl/artikel/2045432-stipth...-schiphol.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.