Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

B6 finally to announce European routes?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

B6 finally to announce European routes?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2019, 4:02 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA1K B6 Mosaic 1, Amtrak Select, Marriott Plat , AMEX Plat (noted for club access reference)
Originally Posted by MSYtoJFKagain
I doubt that they would add a lounge before the planned expansion of JFK. The Airspace Lounge closed last year and was pretty terrible every time I visited. Aside from that space, I'm not even sure where they could stick a lounge in T5 without doing a whole lot of work.
What does the airspace lounge have to do with JetBlue? It was it's own seperate entity.

Aer Lingus has a lounge in T5 now, considering they are partners with JetBlue maybe they can work something out, revamp it a little..
Old Apr 25, 2019, 5:40 am

Programs: Free agent
Originally Posted by diburning
They could probably put in a small lounge on the unused half of the wooftop.
That's the thing, if they're giving access to Mint pax and/or Mosaic pax it needs to be a decent size. If you're only giving it to Int'l Mint pax than that's going to piss off the other two groups and given the low frequency of flights initially it just doesn't seem like a smart investment.

Aer Lingus has a lounge in T5 now, considering they are partners with JetBlue maybe they can work something out, revamp it a little..
This is a great idea. Especially at the beginning of the service. Definitely revamp the food though.
Old Apr 27, 2019, 11:53 am

With JetBlue expanding to t6 and t7 in the coming years, they should work hard to attract as many premium partners into the new north terminal as possible. Aside from greater connectivity, that will also bring the lounges that I am sure a lot of their passengers would like to access with credit card.
Old May 7, 2020, 11:55 am
Suspended

"AA and BA forced to surrender some London to USA slots by The Competition & Markets Authority"

London to Boston : AA and BA to surrender, between them, one pair of slots per day
https://www.headforpoints.com/2020/0...ets-authority/

Seems like an opportunity for B6 to get into LHR.
Yes, at the moment there is COVID-19 Pandemic but a great leader looks ahead. Not behind.
Old May 7, 2020, 1:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Dieuwer
"AA and BA forced to surrender some London to USA slots by The Competition & Markets Authority"

https://www.headforpoints.com/2020/0...ets-authority/

Seems like an opportunity for B6 to get into LHR.
Yes, at the moment there is COVID-19 Pandemic but a great leader looks ahead. Not behind.
Not only that by B6 can sleigh AA, BA and pretty much anyone else flying JFK-LHR on cost so I would say the market will be ripe for new and better products, especially if they can be had cheaper.
Old May 7, 2020, 1:25 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
With the failure of every other LCC on the NYC-LON route, B6 may well rethink whether the route is viable.

It's an expensive route to operate and those who have tried to do it on a shoestring just can't make it work.
Old May 7, 2020, 1:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Often1
With the failure of every other LCC on the NYC-LON route, B6 may well rethink whether the route is viable.

It's an expensive route to operate and those who have tried to do it on a shoestring just can't make it work.
Every other LCC on the route has thrown a crap product at a premium market to/from a secondary airport. If an LCC can deliver an equal or greater product than a bloated legacy at an equal or lesser price, that would be very different story.
Old May 7, 2020, 2:34 pm

Originally Posted by Often1
Is the route expensive, or is there just loads of competition?

B6 might hit this with perfect timing along with a much better product than most of the competition.
Old May 7, 2020, 2:37 pm

Programs: Free agent
Originally Posted by sethMCOflyer
Is the route expensive, or is there just loads of competition?

B6 might hit this with perfect timing along with a much better product than most of the competition.
Competition more so than expense. It's the most profitable route in the world.
Old May 7, 2020, 4:11 pm

B6 is getting lucky here. Entering TATL market at a time when competition is weakening and slots at LHR might become available. In today's call, they revealed that they are expecting 5 A321LRs in 2021 and 7 in 2022. Based on that, they are still going to enter BOS-LHR in probably late 2021 with a lot better finances than all their competitors. Couldn't have found a better time to enter the market. And if VS collapses and lose much of its slots to the pool, B6 will have even more to work with.
Old May 7, 2020, 9:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
I know we don't usually agree on everything tphuang but you hit the nail on the head. This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for JB to really shake things up in the USA-LON market. Assuming we get back to some level of normalcy, it will be perfect timing for them with regard to fleet and route availability. Mint is a strong product and airlines like Delta and BA have clearly taken notice.

-J.
Carfield likes this.
Old May 8, 2020, 5:19 am

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
Programs: Loyal Order of Water Buffalos
Originally Posted by cmd320
Not only that by B6 can sleigh AA, BA and pretty much anyone else flying JFK-LHR on cost so I would say the market will be ripe for new and better products, especially if they can be had cheaper.
Taking a lesser known page out of Santa's book, eh?
Old May 8, 2020, 5:54 am

Originally Posted by MSYtoJFKagain
Competition more so than expense. It's the most profitable route in the world.
That’s what I had heard but wasn’t sure.

If you let the B6 executives dream up their ideal scenario for entering the trans-Atlantic market, that dream would probably look a lot like reality right now. LHR slot availability, check. Weakened competition, check. Price conscious travelers, check.
Old May 8, 2020, 6:50 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by tphuang
B6 is getting lucky here. Entering TATL market at a time when competition is weakening and slots at LHR might become available. In today's call, they revealed that they are expecting 5 A321LRs in 2021 and 7 in 2022. Based on that, they are still going to enter BOS-LHR in probably late 2021 with a lot better finances than all their competitors. Couldn't have found a better time to enter the market. And if VS collapses and lose much of its slots to the pool, B6 will have even more to work with.
Thanks in large part to B6 crying non stop like a small child, looks like they got the slots they are after. In my opinion, they should've been given nothing and earned them like everyone else. That said, what has taken JetBlue so long to begin with to start something that they should have started years and years ago? We are talking about London, a flight slightly longer than a transcon. They should've been in the LON market for years. In fact, by this point in time, they should have had their sights set on TPAC flying and they should've had the footprint in SEA that Delta does now. Very poorly run airline. New management is desperately needed.

All that said, the addition of JetBlue to the LON market will be good in the sense that I can probably get my Delta business class ticket for cheaper, but in no way would I ever fly B6 to LON. So, lets go B6, lets get with the program.
Old May 8, 2020, 8:30 am

Originally Posted by DLSuites
Thanks in large part to B6 crying non stop like a small child, looks like they got the slots they are after. In my opinion, they should've been given nothing and earned them like everyone else. That said, what has taken JetBlue so long to begin with to start something that they should have started years and years ago? We are talking about London, a flight slightly longer than a transcon. They should've been in the LON market for years. In fact, by this point in time, they should have had their sights set on TPAC flying and they should've had the footprint in SEA that Delta does now. Very poorly run airline. New management is desperately needed.

All that said, the addition of JetBlue to the LON market will be good in the sense that I can probably get my Delta business class ticket for cheaper, but in no way would I ever fly B6 to LON. So, lets go B6, lets get with the program.
We will see if they actually get all the slots they need at LHR. If not, LGW is going to be wide open with BA/VS leaving there and DY downsizing quite a bit. As for why they haven't started this years ago, the aircraft is just not ready. They have been waiting on LRs.

And frankly, all that waiting has presented itself as a great opportunity. They couldn't have picked a better time to enter the market.

not sure if you are closer to BOS/JFK, but there is a good chance DL will not be on BOS-LHR 2 years from now given the current crisis VS is facing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.