Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

B6 finally to announce European routes?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

B6 finally to announce European routes?

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2020, 8:48 am

Programs: Free agent
Originally Posted by DLSuites
T That said, what has taken JetBlue so long to begin with to start something that they should have started years and years ago? We are talking about London, a flight slightly longer than a transcon. They should've been in the LON market for years. In fact, by this point in time, they should have had their sights set on TPAC flying and they should've had the footprint in SEA that Delta does now. Very poorly run airline. New management is desperately needed.
Not rapidly expanding is one of the things that kept JetBlue profitable and a pleasure to fly. As they have gone further away from that the product and experience has suffered. It's not "slightly longer than a transcon". It's 1,000 miles further. LON-NYC is a slot-limited, time-limited, VERY competitive route that JetBlue didn't have the cash to fight for until a few years ago. They're getting a huge gift right now with these slots opening up right as they are preparing to take their first A321LR's. I think they'll have success but thinking that they'd be expanding TPAC by this point is comical.

Even so, I still agree that the management is a bunch of penny-pinching morons right now.
Old May 8, 2020, 9:41 am

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
Thanks in large part to B6 crying non stop like a small child, looks like they got the slots they are after. In my opinion, they should've been given nothing and earned them like everyone else. That said, what has taken JetBlue so long to begin with to start something that they should have started years and years ago? We are talking about London, a flight slightly longer than a transcon. They should've been in the LON market for years. In fact, by this point in time, they should have had their sights set on TPAC flying and they should've had the footprint in SEA that Delta does now. Very poorly run airline. New management is desperately needed.

All that said, the addition of JetBlue to the LON market will be good in the sense that I can probably get my Delta business class ticket for cheaper, but in no way would I ever fly B6 to LON. So, lets go B6, lets get with the program.
Thank goodness you are not running an airline B6 is actually timing this just right. Starting service when competition was at its peak and when the right aircraft was not available would have been terrible for them. Now they have lots of flexibility, will not be hindered by lack of suitable aircraft, will have far less competition, and the chances of success will be exponentially higher. Their slow and steady approach in this case has worked out very well for them---assuming the world doesn't enter a depression in 2021.
Old May 8, 2020, 10:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
They should've been in the LON market for years. In fact, by this point in time, they should have had their sights set on TPAC flying and they should've had the footprint in SEA that Delta does now. Very poorly run airline. New management is desperately needed.
To an extent, I agree that B6 should have been flying to London and some other major European destinations for some time now, however the equipment just wasn't really good enough. The 757 would have likely been the best option, but that would have brought many added expenses with a completely different type for flight crews and a different type for maintenance as well which for an LCC really isn't ideal.

I'm not sure where you're getting the idea that B6 should have the footprint DL does in SEA and be flying TPAC by now. That was never in the cards and likely never will be.
Old May 17, 2020, 1:07 pm
Original Poster

We still thinking they’ll start this service in summer 2021? If so, I’d imagine the announcement of the routes would be in the coming couple of months.
Old May 17, 2020, 6:30 pm

I think q4 is probably the likely starting time. Maybe November? Tatl demand will still be weak next year. No need to start earlier than that.
Old May 17, 2020, 7:25 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tphuang
I think q4 is probably the likely starting time. Maybe November? Tatl demand will still be weak next year. No need to start earlier than that.
will be weak in Q4 though - really peaks around the summer months
Old May 18, 2020, 8:29 am

Programs: SPG Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, JetBlue Mosaic, AA Platinum, National Executive Elite
Not sure if the source is B6's Q1 earnings call, but supposedly they're delaying most of the A321NEO LR planes needed for TATL flights. According to this article, B6 will only get 5 by the end of 2021. If this timing is accurate, I bet B6 waits until 2022 to launch London flights unless they start with just BOS<-->LON or JFK<-->LON for the first ~6 months.
Old May 18, 2020, 1:12 pm

Originally Posted by moulder3
Not sure if the source is B6's Q1 earnings call, but supposedly they're delaying most of the A321NEO LR planes needed for TATL flights. According to this article, B6 will only get 5 by the end of 2021. If this timing is accurate, I bet B6 waits until 2022 to launch London flights unless they start with just BOS<-->LON or JFK<-->LON for the first ~6 months.
I think article is wrong on its conclusion. They went from taking 6 LRs to 5 LRs in 2021. There is no reduction in LR delivery in 2022. Hard to imagine them not getting a LR by at least Q3 if 5 out of 10 2021 A321 deliveries are in that config. And if they are getting LR by Q3, then I would think 2021 is still happening. If anything, I got the sense that they are more optimistic about TATL flights because competition is weakening a lot.
Old May 21, 2020, 1:17 pm

Originally Posted by Dn10
will be weak in Q4 though - really peaks around the summer months
seems like they might start sooner. CEO said on Bloomberg interview that they are moving it to later 2021, rather than late 2021. They initially was aiming for late Q1 I think. So if they are just moving it back a little bit and still taking most of the delivery, then I think they are going for a summer launch now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.