Schedule Change Policy

Old Feb 11, 19, 9:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hertz Five Star, Delta SkyMiles, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, National Executive, Alaksa MVP
Schedule Change Policy

Maybe someone can help me.. I'm trying to wrap my head around this.. I had a small (under 5 min) schedule change to a flight (PBI-LGA). Am I allowed to change that to a different flight (PBI-HPN)? (same day)

Per the policy..

https://www.jetblue.com/travel-agents/schedule-change

It appears I can. but not 100% sure..
Old Feb 11, 19, 10:41 am
Company Representative - Autoslash

It does appear that way. Seems pretty generous to allow a flight change with only a 5 min schedule change, but hey, if their policy allows it, and you want to take advantage, go for it. Please do report back with results.
Old Feb 11, 19, 10:47 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
That's amazingly generous especially with the +/- one day change allowed and co-terminals as well as cancellation.

However, I wonder whether the waiver code that a travel agent somehow gets without calling the airline is only given if the schedule change is either significant or causes a MCT violation.
Old Feb 11, 19, 11:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hertz Five Star, Delta SkyMiles, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, National Executive, Alaksa MVP
YAHTZEE!!! they changed it no problem...
Old Feb 14, 19, 2:01 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium / LTG, HHonors Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Nat'l Exec
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
That's amazingly generous especially with the +/- one day change allowed and co-terminals as well as cancellation.

Used to be standard, but it's better than average these days. The co-terminals are valid for just about any B6 flight change; used them on a SDC recently.

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
However, I wonder whether the waiver code that a travel agent somehow gets without calling the airline is only given if the schedule change is either significant or causes a MCT violation.
Scroll down -- it's just a few different ones by ticket type (B6-only flight on B6 ticket stock, B6/codeshare mixed itinerary on B6 ticket stock, and B6/codeshare itinerary on partner ticket stock).
Old Aug 25, 19, 7:16 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat
FYI, this policy changed sometime earlier this year. Now schedule changes have to be at least 60 minutes to allow for any free changes.
Old Aug 26, 19, 2:56 am

2019 Secret Santa

Programs: DL GM, UA, B6, AA, WN, AS, AGR
I'm sure if it causes a misconnect they'll allow changes under 60min.
Old Aug 28, 19, 7:57 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by amejr999 View Post
FYI, this policy changed sometime earlier this year. Now schedule changes have to be at least 60 minutes to allow for any free changes.
i just did it 2-3 months ago, flight changed by about 30 mins and they moved my flight around. I find if you're nice with any B6 phone agent, they'll try to move heaven and earth for you. (i know I'll get flamed for that comment)
Old Sep 25, 19, 5:23 am

I encountered a drastic flight change for an upcoming direct flight. They rescheduled the flight from 1 pm to after 8 pm and we're coming off a cruise so the last thing I want to do is hang out in MCO for an extra 8 hours. The switch now includes a three hour layover in JFK but we still get home before the direct flight leaves. The cs rep on the phone questioned me as to why I would want to switch to a flight that includes a three hour layover. Hmm, as opposed to an extra 8 in Mickey world? I'll take it and grab dinner somewhere in T5. The flight combo cost more than our original flight as well. I was not aware of a change in their policy but remember they used to let you go on standby for one flight before your original if you wanted which I always thought was great.
Old Sep 25, 19, 9:09 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
You should also reprice the itinerary with your new preferred routing. If cheaper, simply cancel the original ticket for a refund, purchase the new ticket, and pocket the difference.
Old Sep 25, 19, 10:25 am
Company Representative - Autoslash

Originally Posted by beerme1 View Post
I encountered a drastic flight change for an upcoming direct flight. They rescheduled the flight from 1 pm to after 8 pm and we're coming off a cruise so the last thing I want to do is hang out in MCO for an extra 8 hours. The switch now includes a three hour layover in JFK but we still get home before the direct flight leaves. The cs rep on the phone questioned me as to why I would want to switch to a flight that includes a three hour layover. Hmm, as opposed to an extra 8 in Mickey world? I'll take it and grab dinner somewhere in T5. The flight combo cost more than our original flight as well. I was not aware of a change in their policy but remember they used to let you go on standby for one flight before your original if you wanted which I always thought was great.
For a schedule change of 120 minutes or greater you should have complete flexibility as per jetBlue's published policies:

Schedule change 120 minutes or greater

Rebook the customer to any flight within the same city pairs or to a co-located city on the same day, day prior, or day after the original flight.

All change fees and fare differences are waived however the appropriate waiver code must be used when processing the even exchange.
If the new itinerary is lower, you could also cancel for free as per the same policy, which means you could book for less if the new itinerary is lower-priced, but be sure how it's pricing out before you request to have your old itin canceled as it can't be reinstated.
Old Sep 25, 19, 4:03 pm

Originally Posted by Often1 View Post
You should also reprice the itinerary with your new preferred routing. If cheaper, simply cancel the original ticket for a refund, purchase the new ticket, and pocket the difference.

Wow that is a major change on JetBlue that I wasn't aware of. That's cool. I think I might have to read this new policy. My new itinerary is about $180 more than my original booking.

Search this Thread