Schedule Change Policy

Old Feb 11, 19, 9:33 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Programs: Hertz Five Star, Delta SkyMiles, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, National Executive, Alaksa MVP
Posts: 285
Schedule Change Policy

Maybe someone can help me.. I'm trying to wrap my head around this.. I had a small (under 5 min) schedule change to a flight (PBI-LGA). Am I allowed to change that to a different flight (PBI-HPN)? (same day)

Per the policy..

https://www.jetblue.com/travel-agents/schedule-change

It appears I can. but not 100% sure..
rpk113 is offline  
Old Feb 11, 19, 10:41 am
  #2  
Company Representative - Autoslash
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 3,644
It does appear that way. Seems pretty generous to allow a flight change with only a 5 min schedule change, but hey, if their policy allows it, and you want to take advantage, go for it. Please do report back with results.
AutoSlash is offline  
Old Feb 11, 19, 10:47 am
  #3  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Minneapolis: DL DM charter 2.3MM
Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Posts: 83,757
That's amazingly generous especially with the +/- one day change allowed and co-terminals as well as cancellation.

However, I wonder whether the waiver code that a travel agent somehow gets without calling the airline is only given if the schedule change is either significant or causes a MCT violation.
MSPeconomist is offline  
Old Feb 11, 19, 11:22 am
  #4  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Programs: Hertz Five Star, Delta SkyMiles, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, National Executive, Alaksa MVP
Posts: 285
YAHTZEE!!! they changed it no problem...
rpk113 is offline  
Old Feb 14, 19, 2:01 pm
  #5  
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: BOS
Programs: Marriott Titanium / LTG, HHonors Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Nat'l Exec
Posts: 3,251
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
That's amazingly generous especially with the +/- one day change allowed and co-terminals as well as cancellation.


Used to be standard, but it's better than average these days. The co-terminals are valid for just about any B6 flight change; used them on a SDC recently.

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
However, I wonder whether the waiver code that a travel agent somehow gets without calling the airline is only given if the schedule change is either significant or causes a MCT violation.
Scroll down -- it's just a few different ones by ticket type (B6-only flight on B6 ticket stock, B6/codeshare mixed itinerary on B6 ticket stock, and B6/codeshare itinerary on partner ticket stock).
dtremit is offline  
Old Aug 25, 19, 7:16 pm
  #6  
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Programs: Marriott Plat
Posts: 852
FYI, this policy changed sometime earlier this year. Now schedule changes have to be at least 60 minutes to allow for any free changes.
amejr999 is offline  
Old Aug 26, 19, 2:56 am
  #7  

2019 Secret Santa
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New England
Programs: DL GM, UA, B6, AA, WN, AS, AGR
Posts: 3,710
I'm sure if it causes a misconnect they'll allow changes under 60min.
diburning is offline  
Old Aug 28, 19, 7:57 am
  #8  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Programs: Hertz Five Star, Delta SkyMiles, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, National Executive, Alaksa MVP
Posts: 285
Originally Posted by amejr999 View Post
FYI, this policy changed sometime earlier this year. Now schedule changes have to be at least 60 minutes to allow for any free changes.
i just did it 2-3 months ago, flight changed by about 30 mins and they moved my flight around. I find if you're nice with any B6 phone agent, they'll try to move heaven and earth for you. (i know I'll get flamed for that comment)
rpk113 is offline  
Old Sep 25, 19, 5:23 am
  #9  
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 39
I encountered a drastic flight change for an upcoming direct flight. They rescheduled the flight from 1 pm to after 8 pm and we're coming off a cruise so the last thing I want to do is hang out in MCO for an extra 8 hours. The switch now includes a three hour layover in JFK but we still get home before the direct flight leaves. The cs rep on the phone questioned me as to why I would want to switch to a flight that includes a three hour layover. Hmm, as opposed to an extra 8 in Mickey world? I'll take it and grab dinner somewhere in T5. The flight combo cost more than our original flight as well. I was not aware of a change in their policy but remember they used to let you go on standby for one flight before your original if you wanted which I always thought was great.
beerme1 is offline  
Old Sep 25, 19, 9:09 am
  #10  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: DCA
Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Posts: 42,908
You should also reprice the itinerary with your new preferred routing. If cheaper, simply cancel the original ticket for a refund, purchase the new ticket, and pocket the difference.
Often1 is offline  
Old Sep 25, 19, 10:25 am
  #11  
Company Representative - Autoslash
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 3,644
Originally Posted by beerme1 View Post
I encountered a drastic flight change for an upcoming direct flight. They rescheduled the flight from 1 pm to after 8 pm and we're coming off a cruise so the last thing I want to do is hang out in MCO for an extra 8 hours. The switch now includes a three hour layover in JFK but we still get home before the direct flight leaves. The cs rep on the phone questioned me as to why I would want to switch to a flight that includes a three hour layover. Hmm, as opposed to an extra 8 in Mickey world? I'll take it and grab dinner somewhere in T5. The flight combo cost more than our original flight as well. I was not aware of a change in their policy but remember they used to let you go on standby for one flight before your original if you wanted which I always thought was great.
For a schedule change of 120 minutes or greater you should have complete flexibility as per jetBlue's published policies:

Schedule change 120 minutes or greater

Rebook the customer to any flight within the same city pairs or to a co-located city on the same day, day prior, or day after the original flight.

All change fees and fare differences are waived however the appropriate waiver code must be used when processing the even exchange.
If the new itinerary is lower, you could also cancel for free as per the same policy, which means you could book for less if the new itinerary is lower-priced, but be sure how it's pricing out before you request to have your old itin canceled as it can't be reinstated.
AutoSlash is offline  
Old Sep 25, 19, 4:03 pm
  #12  
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 39
Originally Posted by Often1 View Post
You should also reprice the itinerary with your new preferred routing. If cheaper, simply cancel the original ticket for a refund, purchase the new ticket, and pocket the difference.

Wow that is a major change on JetBlue that I wasn't aware of. That's cool. I think I might have to read this new policy. My new itinerary is about $180 more than my original booking.
beerme1 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread