FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Schedule Change Policy
View Single Post
Old Sep 25, 2019, 10:25 am
AutoSlash
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Originally Posted by beerme1
I encountered a drastic flight change for an upcoming direct flight. They rescheduled the flight from 1 pm to after 8 pm and we're coming off a cruise so the last thing I want to do is hang out in MCO for an extra 8 hours. The switch now includes a three hour layover in JFK but we still get home before the direct flight leaves. The cs rep on the phone questioned me as to why I would want to switch to a flight that includes a three hour layover. Hmm, as opposed to an extra 8 in Mickey world? I'll take it and grab dinner somewhere in T5. The flight combo cost more than our original flight as well. I was not aware of a change in their policy but remember they used to let you go on standby for one flight before your original if you wanted which I always thought was great.
For a schedule change of 120 minutes or greater you should have complete flexibility as per jetBlue's published policies:

Schedule change 120 minutes or greater

Rebook the customer to any flight within the same city pairs or to a co-located city on the same day, day prior, or day after the original flight.

All change fees and fare differences are waived however the appropriate waiver code must be used when processing the even exchange.
If the new itinerary is lower, you could also cancel for free as per the same policy, which means you could book for less if the new itinerary is lower-priced, but be sure how it's pricing out before you request to have your old itin canceled as it can't be reinstated.