Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JetBlue Mint Menus

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2023, 9:35 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, B6 Mosaic 2, AS MVP Gold
Westbound dinner on SEA-BOS - flat iron steak and cacio e pepe were fantastic, the chicken was typical airline chichen. The portions, per usual, each could have been a full meal on UA/AA on their own. Menu tells me there were carmelized bananas on the gelato, but I honestly had no idea what it was while I was eating it. I really wish they would run the dessert service after the rest of the meal if they're going to do gelato, the trays are cramped enough as is, and it just melts during the meal.

Old Dec 15, 2023, 8:29 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum Ambassador
Oooh, the cacio e pepe does look great! So creamy. I'll be flying this route later in December, definitely going for that. How was the mushrooms / sauce with the chicken?

Re: the gelato melting - I always ask for it to be served after, and often ask for the toppings on the side (bananas in this case - both because the fruit topping is generally warm and causes faster melting, and because sometimes they are just way too sweet). You could try that sometime, they've never had any problem serving it later for me.
Old Dec 15, 2023, 9:27 am

Programs: TrueBlue, Bonvoy
It would help if you mentioned where you were departing from/to. It seems like there are some differences in catering going west from BOS, JFK, and the Florida airports. A few days ago from BOS going west it was a warmed croissant - same as it has been for a long time.
Old Dec 15, 2023, 3:28 pm

Originally Posted by jewree
Oooh, the cacio e pepe does look great! So creamy. I'll be flying this route later in December, definitely going for that. How was the mushrooms / sauce with the chicken?

Re: the gelato melting - I always ask for it to be served after, and often ask for the toppings on the side (bananas in this case - both because the fruit topping is generally warm and causes faster melting, and because sometimes they are just way too sweet). You could try that sometime, they've never had any problem serving it later for me.
Cacio e pepe, was, without hyperbole, one of the best domestic airline meals I've had. Really good without being overly saturated with cheese. The chicken was fine - certainly not bad but comparable to what you'd find on another domestic carrier. I put the chili oil on it which improved it, but will probably go cacio/steak/salad next time.

Did the shut-eye back on SEA-BOS, overall thought it was fine for a red-eye but would have appreciated a bit more creativity:

Beef brodo: Absolutely loved it, so much flavor. It was a bit weird to get just broth with nothing to dip in it (other than the panini), I wish they catered the rolls on the red-eye for that reason.

Panini: Surprisingly good. I was expecting the classic greasy airline sandwich with mystery items inside, but this was fluffy and something I would get on the ground

Arugula Salad: Boring and covered with cheese to the point that it felt like they were compensating for how boring the salad was

Gelato: I liked the mostarda/shortbread more than the banana goop, but I generally find ice cream desserts boring

Breakfast bag: Really love the concept of the to-go bag; croissant was the snack and was fluffy and fresh

I will say - the meal service was long to the point of being frustrating on a red-eye, maybe completed 2hrs from takeoff to trays cleared.

Carfield and jewree like this.
Old Mar 8, 2024, 5:20 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by dkc192
Does anyone know if LAX-LIR counts as eastbound or southbound?
To answer my own question, I got the eastbound breakfast menu, at least on my flight.
Old Mar 19, 2024, 7:22 am

Programs: DL Plat, AS MVPG, Bonvoy Plat/LT Gold, HH Diamond
I tried the cacio e pepe on last night’s JFK-SEA based on the above comments and totally agree…really, really good. Better than a version I had in a restaurant last week, in fact.

The chicken was missing the Brussels sprouts but itself was perfectly cooked/reheated and tender. The wedge was meh, owing to the dressing getting watery and pooled at the bottom. Gelato came after the main meal, which I appreciated.

Old Mar 19, 2024, 8:01 am

Programs: Amtrak Select Plus, Marriott Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond
The cacio e pepe is quite decadent. While tasty, the sauce on mine separated, and it left the dish swimming in butter. I would hate to know the nutritional info.
Old Mar 28, 2024, 5:01 pm

Programs: DL PM, OZ Diamond Plus, BA Silver
B6 197 BOS-SEA
Westbound Lunch/Dinner
March 27, 2024

Full PDB despite delayed boarding(one of the toilets in the back was INOP/unfixable) — Delta please pay attention

Black Maple Old Fashioned and the snack thing that was pretty tasty — unfortunately the old fashioned is going off the menu come April, oh well

WEDGE SALAD cucumber, parmigiano frico, buttermilk vinaigrette
BURRATA taggiasca olives, Tuscan herbs, crostini
CACIO E PEPE fonduta, black pepper, parmigiano
CHICKEN MILANESE brussels sprouts, capers, lemon vinaigrette

LAMB SHOULDER roasted carrots, harissa, citrus breadcrumbs

Burrata was fine — not as good as previous iterations, and the olives were more salty than anything else. Both the cacio e pepe and Milanese were delicious — the chicken in particular wasn't dried out and very tasty. Brussels sprouts got cooked into oblivion (although I think that's always been the case with this dish).

VANILLA GELATO lemon marmalata, black pepper shortbread

Crew automatically held the ice cream for after the mains, this was fine — a little bit on the sweeter side

Overall flight was great — outstanding service from the Mint FAs, and cheaper than what DL was asking for domestic F at that, but probably going to burn my 4 Move to Mint certs and return to DL next year... while the inflight product is still excellent the broken website / app / IT and lack of reliability probably outweighs that
Old Mar 28, 2024, 5:06 pm

Originally Posted by truncated
while the inflight product is still excellent the broken website / app / IT and lack of reliability probably outweighs that
The JetBlue experience in a nutshell, I'm really hoping this new focus on operations is a true new focus rather than a "what else do we do now that we can't buy Spirit"
Aewanabe and GW McLintock like this.
Old Apr 10, 2024, 1:04 pm

Mint westbound lunch/dinner April 2024

Westbound dinner

Chilled pea soup, lasagna, chicken paillard, bread roll

Chilled pea soup - mint oil, puffed wild rice. Tasty but salty.

Lasagna - spinach, kale, pomodoro sauce, parmigiano. Very tasty, excellent with the Calabrian chili oil!

Chicken paillard - (missing roasted cherry tomatoes), arugula, lemon. Chicken was little dry but still tasty. I used the bread to wipe up the leftover oil.

Vanilla gelato - roasted rhubarb, olive oil cake crumble. The star of the show, delicious!!
Old Apr 15, 2024, 5:20 pm

Programs: UA, JetBlue, World of Hyatt, IHG, Hilton
Originally Posted by TastyPlaneEats
Westbound dinner

Chilled pea soup, lasagna, chicken paillard, bread roll

Chilled pea soup - mint oil, puffed wild rice. Tasty but salty.

Chicken paillard - (missing roasted cherry tomatoes), arugula, lemon. Chicken was little dry but still tasty. I used the bread to wipe up the leftover oil.
I would have combined the soup and the chicken. But those puffed rice bits look too much like something else inedible.
Old Apr 18, 2024, 4:56 pm

Programs: DL PM, OZ Diamond Plus, BA Silver
B6 619 BOS-SAN
Westbound Breakfast
April 17, 2024

Typically avoid the westbound morning flights, but somehow the morning BOS-SAN rotation is being flown by the 16J A321neo, and only needed 1 MTM cert to get into Mint so went with that. However despite the plane coming in from Dublin the day before they didn't have enough time to clean it — there were crumbs all over the seat/suite. Ah well.

Good crew and full PDB; croissant and espresso to start:

BLUEBERRIES salted oats
COCONUT YOGURT passion fruit, almond crunch
SMOKED SALMON cucumber, crème fraîche, everything bagel crostini
FRENCH TOAST roasted strawberries, whipped mascarpone
ASPARAGUS FRITTATA goat cheese, herbs, parmigiano

Wasn't particularly impressed with the menu options, but this meaningfully exceeded my expectations — similar to past reports the smoked salmon was a large portion and excellent (although again the cucumbers and onions were frozen), and the French toast was pretty delicious as well. Frittata looked pretty but was just ok — should probably have gotten the yogurt instead. Excellent, attentive and friendly BOS crew.
TastyPlaneEats likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.