Japan TTP Notice for those with pending applications

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Japan TTP Notice for those with pending applications

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2023, 11:41 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hertz Gold
I applied 4/3 and approved 5/11. Is there a registration place after you leave passport control at Narita?
Old May 26, 2023, 12:16 pm

Programs: SIA Solitaire PPS, IHG Royal Amb, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Hhonor Gold
Originally Posted by TravisMT81
I applied 4/3 and approved 5/11. Is there a registration place after you leave passport control at Narita?
https://www.moj.go.jp/isa/publicatio...ocument07.html

Not too sure if this website has been updated or not. Currently the landslide offices at NRT are currently closed. Only those airside offices after security check (departure) are opened. There is currently a report in one of the travel blogs:
https://loyaltylobby.com/2023/05/26/...tomated-gates/
TravisMT81 likes this.
Old May 30, 2023, 2:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite
FYI to save other time, I wasted a good hour or so shopping for souvenirs is Donki for the kids to get up to the tax free register to be told I have to have my passport along with the ttp card so they can prove it’s me. So if you want to do tax free shopping, you’ll need both. They didn’t even know that it was, took 4 people 10 minutes to read through some instruction book then finally got everything entered, but without my passport they refused to continue on. Sigh.
Old Jun 7, 2023, 8:38 am

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Titanium; Globalist
I applied 4/12/2023 and received approval email for initial examination stage today 6/7/2023.
Old Jun 7, 2023, 6:08 pm

Programs: United 1K 2MM / Marriott LTP
I applied on 4/10/23 and received notification on 6/7/23 that the preliminary inspection is complete. This will be my second renewal.
Old Jun 11, 2023, 8:00 pm

Programs: United Gold *G, Nexus/GE, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
I went through secondary inspection at HND on Friday 9 June around 14:00 and it was very fast and easy, around 20-30 minutes altogether. They also gave me some helpful brochures in English. What was interesting was that the immigration official just scratched out the old date on my previous TTP stamp in my passport and stamped a new date, with a certification stamp. My passport expires in just over two years, so the expiration date for the card was set for the same day. I applied under Category A with a Nexus card, which I brought to the inspection, had no issues like the last time.
Old Jun 12, 2023, 7:55 am

Programs: ANA Pt
I applied 4/26/23 (Category D) and received notification on 6/12/23 that the preliminary inspection is complete. Had to withdraw previous application due to passport expiry.
Old Jun 17, 2023, 7:10 am

Ugh. Applied 3/25 and am still “preliminary.” Also I got injured and lost my passport recently so now have a temporary emergency US passport. I imagine that due to this my application will be forfeit anyway?
Old Jun 17, 2023, 9:50 am

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Titanium; Globalist
Sorry to hear about your injury and losing your passport.

Since you have to produce your passport at the time of the secondary inspection, it would be hard to see how they would give you the final approval..
I think you might as well withdraw your current application and start again when you have a new permanent passport.

Others may have some additional advice but unfortunately that is how it appears to me in this case.
Old Jun 17, 2023, 7:05 pm

Programs: MM / UA 1K
Originally Posted by pesos
Ugh. Applied 3/25 and am still “preliminary.” Also I got injured and lost my passport recently so now have a temporary emergency US passport. I imagine that due to this my application will be forfeit anyway?
Same application date and also still waiting.
I even sent them an email asking if they could estimate current turnaround times for approval. After a couple weeks I got a reply that was essentially a polite "no".
And so I wait...
Old Jun 18, 2023, 10:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, CX Gold, Mrs. Pickles travels for free
So just to be clear, the TTP office at NRT is post-security (but before passport control) as the landside office is currently closed? And at HND there are offices both landside and post-security (but before passport control). Hence, getting the TTP card can only be done once somebody is in Japan (either leaving or just arrived once landside)? So the issue of the revenue stamps is moot, as they can be purchased at the combini at the airports?
Old Jun 19, 2023, 6:00 am

Originally Posted by mongobot
Same application date and also still waiting.
I even sent them an email asking if they could estimate current turnaround times for approval. After a couple weeks I got a reply that was essentially a polite "no".
And so I wait...
Originally Posted by pesos
In case another data point is useful, I applied on 2/27 using Global Entry and only today on 6/19 did I finally receive "notification of completion of preliminary inspection." And I was just about ready to withdraw my application and submit a new one, it seemed like it would never come through.
Old Jun 20, 2023, 12:07 pm

FYI, my process time. Applied 4/28 just got the secondary notification today 6/20 (Cat. A)
Old Jun 24, 2023, 4:06 am

Applied 3/25 just got prelim approval yesterday. Had to email in to see if my temp/emergency passport will be workable but assuming I will have to start from scratch, sigh.
seigex likes this.
Old Jun 24, 2023, 2:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by Pickles
So just to be clear, the TTP office at NRT is post-security (but before passport control) as the landside office is currently closed? And at HND there are offices both landside and post-security (but before passport control). Hence, getting the TTP card can only be done once somebody is in Japan (either leaving or just arrived once landside)? So the issue of the revenue stamps is moot, as they can be purchased at the combini at the airports?
They were still closed when I was there a month ago. The only ones open in NRT (as of May) are the arrival pre-immigration offices which require you to already have the revenue stamps on arrival. For HND only landside and on departures, I don't believe there are arrival ones, but I could be wrong on that. The 7-11 in HND does have stamps near the check-in counters, I tried to get them outside of the airports and most konbinis didn't have enough to satisfy the requirement.
Asian likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.