Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Japan
Reload this Page >

Japan TTP Notice for those with pending applications

Japan TTP Notice for those with pending applications

Old Mar 24, 2023, 10:01 am

Originally Posted by seigex
Yep. That's just the requirement for approval of TTP. As a tourist (with global entry or platinum card approval) you enter japan once, then apply for the TTP, get your initial inspection complete, then you need to enter japan to do your secondary inspection (the counters for secondary inspection are landside) within 12 months of the first entrance and 3 months of the completion of the initial inspection and you are handed the card once you show your documents to them. As long as you have on entry before you fly to japan to do the secondary, you will pass.

Once you have the card, for all future entries you can bypass immigration and go straight to the unmanned entry gates, put your card in the gate and it will print your temporary visa status on the back of the card. The card itself lasts 3 years, or until your passport expiration, whichever is sooner, and can hold up to 15 temporary visitor visas on the back before it's full.
Awesome, thanks!
seigex likes this.
Old Apr 14, 2023, 1:59 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium + LT Gold
Has anyone applied for this recently? How long does the application process take?

I am currently renewing my passport and will have it back about 3 weeks before my next trip to Japan. Will that be enough time to get the approved application?

Thanks,
Old Apr 14, 2023, 5:04 pm

Last update was that seigex hasnt moved past preliminary inspection. I havent either. This is from a 3/25 application. Seems they are taking longer than before.
Old Apr 15, 2023, 6:33 pm

Programs: MM / UA 1K
Originally Posted by pesos
Last update was that seigex hasn’t moved past preliminary inspection. I haven’t either. This is from a 3/25 application. Seems they are taking longer than before.
As a data point, I submitted a new application (not a renewal) on the same day as pesos - 3/25. Mine also still shows "Under preliminary inspection".
Will post when the status changes.
Old Apr 15, 2023, 8:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite
Last update was that seigex hasn’t moved past preliminary inspection. I haven’t either. This is from a 3/25 application. Seems they are taking longer than before.
I finished preliminary inspection on 3/9 after applying on 3/1 and will be doing secondary next weekend on a 3-day mileage run. It was another poster who had a similar time frame as yours who hadn't. I think I got in right before things got busy.
pesos likes this.
Old Apr 16, 2023, 3:06 pm

Programs: QF WP, AA EXP
Is a renewal the same process as a new application? I've logged in and my expired application is there, but there is no option to renew it.
Old Apr 16, 2023, 3:49 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SNA_Flyer
Is a renewal the same process as a new application? I've logged in and my expired application is there, but there is no option to renew it.
Here's a post written about the renewal process by himekat , a mod for the r/JapanTravel subreddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/JapanTravel...enewal_report/

From the report:

Theres actually no such thing as re-applying for TTP; you just need to do the full application process all over even if youve had it before. But you do have to have entered the country twice in the last twelve months to qualify, so the timing was good.
SNA_Flyer and YariGuy like this.
Old Apr 21, 2023, 8:37 pm
Original Poster

got my card issued today, all good, went to haneda international departure landside on the 3rd floor, to the right of the A check-in desks, got the 2200 revenue stamps (shunyuu inshi) at the 7-11 on the third floor. the konbinis in town didn't have enough, so they kept referring me to find a post office, much easier to go to haneda's 7-11.

I was in group A (global entry), the only thing I needed was a printout of the secondary inspection email, my passport, the revenue stamps, and my GE card. I brought printout copies of the passport and GE card I had uploaded but they never asked for them. they put a stamp in my passport for the ttp card.

Took about 45 min, only due to issues with the card printing machine and fingerprint machine. the card will have your current entry on it when they print it, so you can use it for departure.

EDIT: mine didn't end up having my current visa on it but they said I can use it to depart.

EDIT 2: wow autocorrect screwed me with this post -fixed
od_sf likes this.

Last edited by seigex; Apr 21, 2023 at 11:04 pm
Old Apr 21, 2023, 8:38 pm

Hmm I don't have an up to date physical GE card, only my old expired one...

Congrats btw!
seigex likes this.
Old Apr 21, 2023, 9:05 pm
Original Poster

Hmm I don't have an up to date physical GE card, only my old expired one...

Congrats btw!
thanks!
Old Apr 22, 2023, 5:51 pm

Programs: MVPG
Anyone attempt to apply with a NEXUS card? Our Global Entry cards became moot when we applied for and were approved for NEXUS. Is Japan's TTP aware of NEXUS? We've got our old Global Entry cards, which are expired, and newly renewed NEXUS.
Old Apr 22, 2023, 6:44 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Jay K
Anyone attempt to apply with a NEXUS card? Our Global Entry cards became moot when we applied for and were approved for NEXUS. Is Japan's TTP aware of NEXUS? We've got our old Global Entry cards, which are expired, and newly renewed NEXUS.
there are datapoints in the main Japan ttp thread that say it worked fine with copies of the nexus card since it includes GE
Old Apr 25, 2023, 2:00 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Titanium; Globalist
I applied 4/13 and still waiting for preliminary approval. Hoping to be able to do secondary May 10ish on trip. I did put in the tentative arrival date in the application.
seigex likes this.
Old Apr 27, 2023, 6:31 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Chiming in to provide an additional data point, I applied on 3/08 and have not proceeded past preliminary approval. Which is unfortunate as I will be in Tokyo on Monday and was hoping to be able to have the secondary inspection wrapped up.
bmwe92fan likes this.
Old Apr 27, 2023, 6:33 pm

At this rate I'm going to get APEC first (hopefully in a few weeks when back in the states) and drop this one altogether.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.