Wiki Posts
Search

Japan TTP Notice for those with pending applications

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2023 | 5:35 pm
50 Countries Visited20 Nights3M10 Years on Site

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM, AA 2.1MM, EK, BA, SQ, CX, Marriot LT, Accor P
Originally Posted by Nero44
Chiming in to provide an additional data point, I applied on 3/08 and have not proceeded past preliminary approval. Which is unfortunate as I will be in Tokyo on Monday and was hoping to be able to have the secondary inspection wrapped up.
I'm in the same boat -- we got back yesterday and no action on my application at all... I suppose if it get approved while I'm here I could head to HND but will see...
Old Apr 27, 2023 | 6:05 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by bmwe92fan
I'm in the same boat -- we got back yesterday and no action on my application at all... I suppose if it get approved while I'm here I could head to HND but will see...
Yeah, I'm not holding my breath. I applied using Global Entry - similar to the other user that got the one-week turnaround time. That being said, I have a feeling that things must have slowed to a crawl with any March applications due to the Spring travel influx
Old Apr 27, 2023 | 6:23 pm

Originally Posted by Nero44
Yeah, I'm not holding my breath. I applied using Global Entry - similar to the other user that got the one-week turnaround time. That being said, I have a feeling that things must have slowed to a crawl with any March applications due to the Spring travel influx
I did the same -- and now with golden week upon us -- I've expecting nothing for a week...
Old May 2, 2023 | 8:50 am
15 Years on Site

I appear to be set for my APEC card upon interviewing when I arrive to jfk in a couple weeks. I guess I’ll just go with that and cancel the TTP application at this point? Any benefit to the latter over the former?
Old May 2, 2023 | 1:32 pm
20 Years on Site

Programs: UA Platinum, AA Lifetime Platinum, DL Platinum, Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Ambassador, Hertz Platinum
Originally Posted by pesos
I appear to be set for my APEC card upon interviewing when I arrive to jfk in a couple weeks. I guess I’ll just go with that and cancel the TTP application at this point? Any benefit to the latter over the former?
The APEC card is supposed to be used only for business travel. The TTP program can be used for either business or leisure travel. Also, the TTP card replaces the need to carry your passport on your person while in Japan.
seigex likes this.
Old May 2, 2023 | 4:43 pm
15 Years on Site

Originally Posted by Steve M
The APEC card is supposed to be used only for business travel. The TTP program can be used for either business or leisure travel. Also, the TTP card replaces the need to carry your passport on your person while in Japan.
Ah, sounds like worth having both. Thanks!
Old May 2, 2023 | 5:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
20 Years on Site

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, CX Gold, Mrs. Pickles travels for free
Originally Posted by Steve M
The APEC card is supposed to be used only for business travel.
I make every trip to Japan a business trip.
Old May 8, 2023 | 8:48 pm
15 Years on Site

Programs: HHonors Gold, Marriott Lifetime Gold, IHG Gold, OZ*G, AA Gold, AS MVP
This probably isn't a very common situation, but I had a TTP card that expired in 2020 and instead became a resident after things opened back up. If you do that and you try to register for the automated gates as a resident, expect to spend 40-50 minutes getting set up, because they have to de-register you from TTP before re-registering you for the resident version of the automated gate system.
Kannai likes this.
Old May 11, 2023 | 8:17 pm
Original Poster
10 Countries Visited20 Countries Visited30 Countries Visited5 Years on Site

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite
Any of you who were waiting have luck getting your primary inspection complete?
bmwe92fan likes this.
Old May 11, 2023 | 8:41 pm

Originally Posted by seigex
Any of you who were waiting have luck getting your primary inspection complete?
Nothing has moved at all for me -- I thought now that Golden week has passed and everyone gets back to work I might have a shot before I leave again Monday -- but it looks like a big nothing burger for me....
seigex likes this.
Old May 11, 2023 | 10:43 pm
10 Years on Site

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Titanium; Globalist
No movement on mine and am currently in Japan. Was hoping to complete the secondary inspection while here.
Immigration took 70 minutes on this past Wednesday at Haneda for a 5 pm arrival. Within 30 minutes the line had doubled so was probably longer for those after me.
Wished I had the TTP card!
seigex likes this.
Old May 11, 2023 | 11:15 pm
Original Poster
10 Countries Visited20 Countries Visited30 Countries Visited5 Years on Site

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite
Damn sorry guys. I will be arriving Tuesday morning at 5am, will get my first chance to use it for entering. Hopefully they get moving on the inspections.
Old May 12, 2023 | 1:05 am

Originally Posted by seigex
Damn sorry guys. I will be arriving Tuesday morning at 5am, will get my first chance to use it for entering. Hopefully they get moving on the inspections.
So jealous! We leave Monday PM - maybe I’ll get lucky and they will approve Monday AM and we can get to airport early - how long did your process take at the airport?
seigex likes this.
Old May 12, 2023 | 4:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
20 Years on Site

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, CX Gold, Mrs. Pickles travels for free
I've pretty much given up on that thing. I'm not even sure I need it, I think the APEC card is more than sufficient. Just today, got of the plane at HND at 15:36. At 15:41 I was at the Keikyu line station. Probably a record for me. Now... if you wanted to buy a Keikyu line ticket, that was some serious line, not sure what was going on. But Suica to the rescue!
seigex likes this.
Old May 12, 2023 | 4:57 am

Programs: IB+ Oro / OWS
Originally Posted by RDUflyer2
I applied 4/13 and still waiting for preliminary approval. Hoping to be able to do secondary May 10ish on trip. I did put in the tentative arrival date in the application.
I applied 3/30 and just got the approval (using amex plat)
seigex likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.