Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Japan
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Buy Whiskey in Japan" thread (was: Haneda/Narita Duty Free Whiskey)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 18, 2019, 5:22 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: armagebedar
This thread is about where to find whiskey in Japan. Extended discussion about where to find Japanese whiskey elsewhere is off topic and will be removed.

Per FlyerTalk rule 10, nothing may be bought, sold, or traded on this forum:

FlyerTalk is not a marketplace and nothing may be offered for sale or barter. The exception to this rule is those items in the Coupon Connection (C.C.) Forum, which is governed by specific posting rules, and access to which is granted once you have achieved 180 posts and 180 days as a member.
Print Wikipost

Consolidated "Buy Whiskey in Japan" thread (was: Haneda/Narita Duty Free Whiskey)

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2021, 9:33 pm

luck strikes!! They just got it this morning and didn’t even have a price tag! It’s ¥12800 each and only one set available. I don’t mind the markup at this point! So happy right now!
Old May 25, 2021, 10:44 pm

Originally Posted by james21_h

luck strikes!! They just got it this morning and didn’t even have a price tag! It’s ¥12800 each and only one set available. I don’t mind the markup at this point! So happy right now!
That’s awesome! Congratulations! Glad your hunting paid off. I suspect there are many more stores that just haven’t gotten around to putting them out yet. Maybe saving for closer
to Father’s Day? I’ll keep searching.
james21_h likes this.
Old Jun 2, 2021, 5:46 am

Luck strikes again!

Ran into this at a store in Tokyo! Good thing I was with a friend so she got me one set! Plus they had two Yamazaki 12 mini at ¥800 a piece! Score!!!

Old Jun 2, 2021, 5:02 pm

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, AAdvantage, Southwest, HHonors, National
That's a nice collection you have in the back. Just curious, is that a E.H. Taylor and a Buffalo Trace among the bottles? Are there any Japan-only releases?
Old Jun 2, 2021, 5:54 pm

Originally Posted by Gradfly
That's a nice collection you have in the back. Just curious, is that a E.H. Taylor and a Buffalo Trace among the bottles? Are there any Japan-only releases?
Good eye! EH Taylor Rye is what I have and i brought it from the states. I have several bottles of buffalo trace because I got them on a great deal. They both are daily sippers. My collection is mostly Japanese whiskies. I have blantons as well. Blantons black and red are japan only release and they used to be cheap. ¥4000 and ¥6000 but they raised prices recently. I love all good whiskies!
Old Jun 4, 2021, 7:53 am

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, AAdvantage, Southwest, HHonors, National
Good eye! EH Taylor Rye is what I have and i brought it from the states. I have several bottles of buffalo trace because I got them on a great deal. They both are daily sippers. My collection is mostly Japanese whiskies. I have blantons as well. Blantons black and red are japan only release and they used to be cheap. ¥4000 and ¥6000 but they raised prices recently. I love all good whiskies!
Didn't know EHT came in Rye, I'm going to have to look for that. Unfortunately, I live in a state where EHT and BT fly off the shelves. We've been getting a bit more selection with the Japanese whiskies. Interestingly, I've been seeing more Hakushu 12 out in the wild. I assumed that the news of more stock was limited to Japan.

How much was the price increase with the Blantons? I'm kinda salty with the price of Hibiki in my state, went from around $90 to $129.
Old Jun 4, 2021, 4:35 pm

Today at Haneda! No limit on suntory products. Got lucky today!

Old Jun 4, 2021, 7:06 pm

Yah. I'm not sure I'd say no limits at these prices are lucky. The Ichiro is a nice find. But the bar prices. Wow. People must be flush with pandemic money. 1350 for coffee malt. No thanks.
Old Jun 4, 2021, 9:12 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Today at Haneda! No limit on suntory products. Got lucky today!

​​​​​​And you already sold for Cherry Blossom for $1k!?
nicely done!
AndyYamazaki likes this.
Old Jun 5, 2021, 5:17 am

Programs: Bonvoy Platinum, IHG Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist
I heard Lawson had a bunch of Yamazaki and Hakushi 180mls in. A friend hit 7 in Kyoto and came up empty. I hit 5 in Kobe and scored 2 bottles of Hakushu for ¥1250 each. The tencho said Lawson had a lottery to determine which shops would get it, and even then, seems like only a few bottles of each was allocated.
Old Jun 5, 2021, 5:58 am

Originally Posted by invalyd
​​​​​​And you already sold for Cherry Blossom for $1k!?
nicely done!
Thanks man. I gotta pay for the trip somehow. I can never score those awesome single casks Chichibu like you do buddy!
invalyd likes this.
Old Jun 5, 2021, 10:09 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Topcare
Yah. I'm not sure I'd say no limits at these prices are lucky. The Ichiro is a nice find. But the bar prices. Wow. People must be flush with pandemic money. 1350 for coffee malt. No thanks.
It used to require quite some luck to stumble on the Suntory airport bottles, but seems they are sitting on a huge stash with the lack of travelers these days.
The HND tasting bar has always been expensive, but nice selection at least.
Old Jun 5, 2021, 1:47 pm

It used to require quite some luck to stumble on the Suntory airport bottles, but seems they are sitting on a huge stash with the lack of travelers these days.
i think the stock on suntory product Is still hit or miss! Two of my colleagues who flew out on different days before me did not see any hint other than Hibiki MB and Hakushu 18. And the shops only open at short hours now so if your flight is early or late then you are out of luck! My flight only had about 30 passengers and I think I was only one buying whiskies on that flight haha!
Old Jun 5, 2021, 3:40 pm

fair comments
Old Jun 5, 2021, 4:51 pm

This is probably the best bar I have been so far in japan! ¥1600 for a shot of Yamazaki LE 2021, Hibiki blossom 2021, ¥1800 each for all Yamazaki 2020 except Mizunara which is ¥4000. Hakushu pear 2020 is ¥2800.

aeroman380 and rustykettel like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.