Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Japan
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Buy Whiskey in Japan" thread (was: Haneda/Narita Duty Free Whiskey)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 18, 2019, 5:22 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: armagebedar
This thread is about where to find whiskey in Japan. Extended discussion about where to find Japanese whiskey elsewhere is off topic and will be removed.

Per FlyerTalk rule 10, nothing may be bought, sold, or traded on this forum:

FlyerTalk is not a marketplace and nothing may be offered for sale or barter. The exception to this rule is those items in the Coupon Connection (C.C.) Forum, which is governed by specific posting rules, and access to which is granted once you have achieved 180 posts and 180 days as a member.
Print Wikipost

Consolidated "Buy Whiskey in Japan" thread (was: Haneda/Narita Duty Free Whiskey)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 26, 2020, 6:49 am

Originally Posted by jashsu
I've heard good things about the Komagatake Limited Edition 2020.
yes they are probably the best LE Mars has released so far! I have already bought 3 more bottles after opened up one! It’s very good!
groovbusta, AndyYamazaki and Miana like this.
Old Dec 29, 2020, 12:12 pm

Originally Posted by AndyYamazaki
I was surprised by the 4980 price I saw at AEON a few days ago for the Suntory NAS Bottles. About 12000 for BC. I have enough stocked up for now so I gave it a pass because I’m still finding it at other various supermarkets now and then for 4200. Have not seen much Suntory at Yamaya in my area recently but sure hope they don’t go the way of Liquor Mountain and start jacking up the prices.

Anyways, there seems to be an uptick of bottles on the shelves around the holidays so happy hunting guys!
The MSRP is still 4200.

Source: https://products.suntory.co.jp/d/4901777233812/

Almost New Year, get ready to camp Hasegawa! (Not for Yama NAS but other crap)
Miana likes this.
Old Dec 31, 2020, 5:37 am

The MSRP is still 4200.

What kinda special stuff do they usually have for new year? It's pretty far away from where I am plus all the new cases breaking new records in Tokyo...
Old Jan 2, 2021, 4:07 pm

How did it go!? I went to my local Aeon at 7:30 on the 1st, doors opened at 8:00, and I was second in line meaning I was able to score Yama18, for much cheaper than the aftermarket prices but still not for cheap.

AndyYamazaki likes this.
Old Jan 2, 2021, 6:20 pm

Programs: JAL Global Club, ANA Super Flyers
Originally Posted by Miana
How did it go!? I went to my local Aeon at 7:30 on the 1st, doors opened at 8:00, and I was second in line meaning I was able to score Yama18, for much cheaper than the aftermarket prices but still not for cheap.

Nicely done! Spent my morning of the 1st catching the sunrise on top of my local mountain, so just a bottle of Pocari Sweat in place of a Yamazaki 18 for me.
Old Jan 4, 2021, 1:00 pm

Thanks for sharing the photo and post.

I don't read Japanese so is the 30,000 yen for the set of 4, including Blender's Choice or is that only for 1 of the 4 bottles in that group? 30,000 seems really expensive for Blender's Choice.

Enjoy living vicariously through all the posts and photos. Thanks to everyone in this thread.
Old Jan 4, 2021, 4:08 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by TravelBug1314
Thanks for sharing the photo and post.

I don't read Japanese so is the 30,000 yen for the set of 4, including Blender's Choice or is that only for 1 of the 4 bottles in that group? 30,000 seems really expensive for Blender's Choice.

Enjoy living vicariously through all the posts and photos. Thanks to everyone in this thread.
It's for the set and you are correct, all sets are overpriced.
It is unfortunate that you have to buy a bunch of crap just to get a somewhat reasonable price which is still not even close to MSRP. Especially when you consider Blender's Choice is still widely available for 10k.

"Please do enjoy your Hibiki 30, best served with a side of Tottori"
Mizunara and AndyYamazaki like this.
Old Jan 5, 2021, 5:28 am

Still, some places do seem to be selling Yamazaki NAS at 5800 yen

The MSRP is still 4200.

Glad to hear that the MSRP is still 4200 yen, although the fine print says that these are indeed “not binding,” leaving stores free to charge what they like. Several Yamayas I’ve visited are indeed charging 5,800 yen for NAS and a whopping 12,000 yen for Y12, and in some cases bundle it with Ao or other whiskeys as a condition of purchase. I guess Bic Camera might be the best deal on the block for NAS, or the convenience stores (which are still selling the 180ml mini bottles for 1140 yen plus tax, below the inflated 5800 yen price for the 700ml).
invalyd likes this.
Old Jan 6, 2021, 11:02 am

Anyone get a good deal at a New Year flash sale? Y18 or whatever at a Bic or something?
Old Jan 6, 2021, 12:13 pm

Anyone get a good deal at a New Year flash sale? Y18 or whatever at a Bic or something?
​​​​​​
BiC moved to a lottery system this year. I entered, but lost as usual.

https://www.biccamera.com/bc/c/sale/.../2021_app.html
jashsu, Mizunara and AndyYamazaki like this.
Old Jan 7, 2021, 7:55 am

Best deal on my block

Originally Posted by PastisDetox
Glad to hear that the MSRP is still 4200 yen, although the fine print says that these are indeed “not binding,” leaving stores free to charge what they like. Several Yamayas I’ve visited are indeed charging 5,800 yen for NAS and a whopping 12,000 yen for Y12, and in some cases bundle it with Ao or other whiskeys as a condition of purchase. I guess Bic Camera might be the best deal on the block for NAS, or the convenience stores (which are still selling the 180ml mini bottles for 1140 yen plus tax, below the inflated 5800 yen price for the 700ml).

Unfortunately I just noticed the other day that Yamayas in my area have marked up the Suntory NAS bottles too but they just got a bunch of Hibiki BC selling at 10,000.

Best deal around me has been at Seiyu for the NAS bottles. Disappears quickly though!

No luck for me over the New Year but I didn’t end up going out much to check so probably missed some.

invalyd and rustykettel like this.

Last edited by AndyYamazaki; Jan 7, 2021 at 8:06 am
Old Jan 7, 2021, 8:58 pm

Liquor Mountain 777 in Ginza is offering some allocated bottles for their 3rd anniversary 01/09 - 01/11

Old Jan 7, 2021, 11:01 pm

Originally Posted by invalyd
Liquor Mountain 777 in Ginza is offering some allocated bottles for their 3rd anniversary 01/09 - 01/11
Me: Oh those sets sound interesting
Also me: Most are already sold out, sounds about right.
Old Jan 7, 2021, 11:07 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Mizunara
Me: Oh those sets sound interesting
Also me: Most are already sold out, sounds about right.
Not most. All are sold out. Even the ones that don't indicate it are actually closed for application - they just haven't had the time to update the website.
Old Jan 8, 2021, 1:18 am

Originally Posted by porphyra
Not most. All are sold out. Even the ones that don't indicate it are actually closed for application - they just haven't had the time to update the website.
Even better! My bad luck knows no bounds.
invalyd and AndyYamazaki like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.