Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Japan
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Buy Whiskey in Japan" thread (was: Haneda/Narita Duty Free Whiskey)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 18, 2019, 5:22 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: armagebedar
This thread is about where to find whiskey in Japan. Extended discussion about where to find Japanese whiskey elsewhere is off topic and will be removed.

Per FlyerTalk rule 10, nothing may be bought, sold, or traded on this forum:

FlyerTalk is not a marketplace and nothing may be offered for sale or barter. The exception to this rule is those items in the Coupon Connection (C.C.) Forum, which is governed by specific posting rules, and access to which is granted once you have achieved 180 posts and 180 days as a member.
Print Wikipost

Consolidated "Buy Whiskey in Japan" thread (was: Haneda/Narita Duty Free Whiskey)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2019, 11:05 am

My friend will depart from kix airport on coming Thursday. May I know she still able to register the lottery of the limited editions series?
Old Dec 1, 2019, 9:22 pm

Originally Posted by martial
Just returned from a trip to Japan and was able to get the following:
1 x Hibiki 21 LE via NRT Duty free
2 x Hibiki 21 via amazonjp
2 x Hibiki 17 mini via ANA F
3 x Hibiki 17 mini via hotel mini bar
Full set of 2019 Essence of Suntory
Good score on hibiki21 LE via airport👍. Congrats. Many bottles available there?
Old Dec 1, 2019, 10:59 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, CSR
Thanks! Not too sure how many bottles were left but I arrived at 3PM and went straight to ANA duty free to ask the clerk if they had any age stated suntory whiskys left and was surprised when they came out with H21.
7473chad likes this.
Old Dec 2, 2019, 8:43 pm

My friend just manage to help me bought a bottle of nikka kubuto yesterday at Haneda airport about 2300pm local time. Can't see any limited editions
Old Dec 2, 2019, 9:07 pm

Programs: JAL JGC Premier, UA Gold
Haven't seen any of those limited editions available in at least 6 months, great find. Is the ANA duty free the shop near gate 42? flying through on Sunday, back through T2 next week.
Old Dec 3, 2019, 5:47 pm

Programs: UA MM *G, NH Plat/SFC, HH Diamond, GE
Originally Posted by invalyd
Another Ginza duty free lottery coming up next Wednesday, Dec 4. Hakushu 18 is not part of the lottery again, but they received 20 bottles this morning which you can freely purchase until sold out.
Anyone going to the Ginza duty free lottery today? Unfortunately I can't escape the office today, so will miss out...
Old Dec 4, 2019, 3:23 am

Update: Don Quixote Shibuya is completely sold out of any Suntory, in fact the shelf behind the counter has zero stock. A walk through Ginza only shows Hibiki BC at BIG, other than that no bottles on display - only photos.
Old Dec 4, 2019, 9:16 am

Programs: United Silver, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
Nothing at NRT T2 yesterday
Old Dec 4, 2019, 9:37 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by chongl
Nothing at NRT T2 yesterday
My better half was able to grab a Yamazaki 25 at NRT T2 yesterday. Even though it was in a STEB, they tried to cut open the bottle with a pair of scissors during her connection in YVR

Thankfully she made a fuss and they let her exit the security line to put it in a check in bag. I would definitely not trust any expensive bottles in a STEB for connections in the future.
Old Dec 4, 2019, 9:57 am

Programs: United Silver, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
My better half was able to grab a Yamazaki 25 at NRT T2 yesterday. Even though it was in a STEB, they tried to cut open the bottle with a pair of scissors during her connection in YVR

Thankfully she made a fuss and they let her exit the security line to put it in a check in bag. I would definitely not trust any expensive bottles in a STEB for connections in the future.
Nice! I only had time to check the FaSoLa by near gate 61 and they told me they had nothing when I asked.
Old Dec 4, 2019, 2:32 pm

wow that’s a close call haha

you are loaded and in a totally different league than most of us trying to score something affordable
Old Dec 4, 2019, 7:12 pm

Wow, congrats. May I know get it through online pre-order or walk in? Which duty free shop? I have no luck at all on this even though the hibiki21LE, hakushu18LE, yamazaki18LE. Not easy to get it 😌
Old Dec 4, 2019, 8:25 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred

Was it CATSA security screening or CBP pre clearance?
Old Dec 4, 2019, 9:46 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by rustykettel
Was it CATSA security screening or CBP pre clearance?
CATSA. My understanding is it had to do with the size/shape of the packaging. Apparently they need to see the actual bottle, had it been a H21 Kacho or similar that wouldn't be a problem since they could just easily open the box but the Hakushu and Yamazaki 25s come wrapped in an extremely fragile washi paper that takes a good hour to remove if you don't want to completely destroy it.
Old Dec 4, 2019, 10:42 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
CATSA. My understanding is it had to do with the size/shape of the packaging. Apparently they need to see the actual bottle, had it been a H21 Kacho or similar that wouldn't be a problem since they could just easily open the box but the Hakushu and Yamazaki 25s come wrapped in an extremely fragile washi paper that takes a good hour to remove if you don't want to completely destroy it.
Ah, that sort of makes sense. Good to know for taking such bottles through elsewhere in a STEB. And good on your better half for preserving the packaging!
invalyd likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.