MiFi Wifi Rental in Japan

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MiFi Wifi Rental in Japan

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2019, 11:08 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime PE, AC Altitude SE100K-1MM
Another vote for JW. Pick up was easy and drop off was just putting the device back in the post (envelope provided).
The device was small and not heavy, and worked underground on subways, although there were a few dead spots during longer train rides.
Even with consistent usage, the battery would last most of the day (our order came a spare battery which we did not use; we used one of our own heavy duty batteries for faster charging.)
We chose the unlimited data option (3 devices), and the cost was about $100 CAD for 12 days.
The device did get a bit warm after a few hours, so we would move it in a vented backpack pocket instead of inside the backpack.
Old May 19, 2019, 12:48 pm

Programs: E35K, FPC Platinum
Another +1 for JW pocketwifi. Right after booking my flights, I rent one of these with pickup/dropoff at the airport, then book hotels.

It is amazing for google maps, translation and everything else. Plus, esp vs SIM, it is easier to share the connection with all your devices. My wife and I would routinely have two phones, two laptops, and one ipad sharing the connection.

Unbelievably convenient pick up and drop off in NRT.

Others post that there is decent wifi at most places in metropolitan areas, and that the price for pocketwifi is steep vs SIM, but its a small price to pay for the immense convenience imo.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.