Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 29, 2017, 6:25 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JALPak
To use the Japanese search engine for menu

1. Visit https://www.jal.co.jp/inter/service/first/ and go to the middle of the page
2. Select the お食事 button for food and 飲み物 button for drink
3. Use the drop down menus to select your month, class of service, departure airport and arrival airport
4. Click the red button to search.
Print Wikipost

JAL Menus?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2017, 7:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by mjm
I find the '06 very under developed at this stage. Almost flabby with fruit and no crispness at all. I think the '02 has started now to come into its own and I like it better than the '04 right now. The '06 is going to be a keeper I think because with that much fruit intensity it will likely not diminish for a very long time.
Both of them are too young, I had the 97 at home the other day, and that could still do with some years in the cellar. I don't plan to open my '02s any time soon.

The difference between drinking in the air and on the ground is quite staggering.
Old Aug 1, 2017, 7:57 pm
mjm
Original Member

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
Both of them are too young, I had the 97 at home the other day, and that could still do with some years in the cellar. I don't plan to open my '02s any time soon.

The difference between drinking in the air and on the ground is quite staggering.
Challenge accepted. ;-)
Old Aug 1, 2017, 9:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'd definitely be curious to try these on the ground, because I was rather underwhelmed on the flight.
Old Jan 6, 2018, 5:58 am
Suspended

Programs: BA
Hello,

The JAL website menus are not working http://www.jal.co.jp/inflight/inter/menu/img/info.gif

Can someone please post a link to current First Class menu LAX-NRT (or similar flight)?

Thank you.
Old Jan 6, 2018, 7:34 am

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, UA Silver, HH Gold, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by BOStonTravels
Hello,

The JAL website menus are not working http://www.jal.co.jp/inflight/inter/menu/img/info.gif

Can someone please post a link to current First Class menu LAX-NRT (or similar flight)?

Thank you.
http://www.jal.co.jp/inter/service/m...712_201802.pdf
Old Jan 6, 2018, 7:44 am
Suspended

Awesome, thank you. Follow up, how do you all rate ordering special vegetarian meal (or another type of special meal that would not contain meat) in First ex USA? I love sushi and will eat fish but I do not see a large sushi selection on the menu (at least to my untrained eye). I am concerned that the special meals in JAL first are very disappointing after reading other trip reports.
Old Jan 6, 2018, 8:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by BOStonTravels
Awesome, thank you. Follow up, how do you all rate ordering special vegetarian meal (or another type of special meal that would not contain meat) in First ex USA? I love sushi and will eat fish but I do not see a large sushi selection on the menu (at least to my untrained eye). I am concerned that the special meals in JAL first are very disappointing after reading other trip reports.
The western menu can go all fish. That Japanese does have both chicken and beef. I would probably just go fish on the western menu rather than ordering a special meal.

You never get much sushi on the flights, there would normally not be a big sushi selection on a kaiseki course.
Old Jan 6, 2018, 9:24 am
Suspended

The western menu can go all fish. That Japanese does have both chicken and beef. I would probably just go fish on the western menu rather than ordering a special meal.

You never get much sushi on the flights, there would normally not be a big sushi selection on a kaiseki course.
Thanks. I should have written my original question better. My assumption based on what I read was that ordering a special meal would likely guarantee no sushi and also likely be multiple courses of very bland vegetables. I will piece something together for sure (my problem/misfortune is a wheat intolerance and unfortunately it is in almost everything to some degree -- of course there are worse issues to have then piece mealing something together in JAL First
Old Mar 23, 2018, 12:57 pm

Curious about the opinions on the F Japanese meals on menus ex-USA. I happened to look at the menu for an ORD flight next week my heart's not afire for either the Japanese nor Western.
Old Mar 23, 2018, 4:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by illico
Curious about the opinions on the F Japanese meals on menus ex-USA. I happened to look at the menu for an ORD flight next week my heart's not afire for either the Japanese nor Western.
I have tried them. There are a few things in the western that looks interesting, but overall does not look super enticing.

I think the Japanese menu looks good. I am surprised that they serve ankimo ex. US. If it is made well it has a lot of flavour in common with foie gras. Even if it is fish. It does not look good to the level of the ex. Japan menus., but I find it an interesting menu.
Old Apr 2, 2018, 3:34 pm

90% of the time I go to bring up the menu I briefly see the options for food/beverage and flight selection info (the English version of the link in the wiki) then in 1 second it disappears and brings only the BEDD pages appear. I can not get the menu selection screen back. I have tried multiple browsers. Is there a trick or a special link?
Old Apr 2, 2018, 3:43 pm
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by mileshound
90% of the time I go to bring up the menu I briefly see the options for food/beverage and flight selection info (the English version of the link in the wiki) then in 1 second it disappears and brings only the BEDD pages appear. I can not get the menu selection screen back. I have tried multiple browsers. Is there a trick or a special link?
Try the Japanese version as the wiki described?
Old Apr 2, 2018, 4:53 pm

I tried that but was stuck on the step below since all but the number of the month was in Japanese. I had no idea how to get the airports entered. Then after several tries the search engine did not come up again like the issue I originally had.
  • Use the drop down menus to select your month, class of service, departure airport and arrival airport
Old Apr 2, 2018, 5:07 pm

I got it to work by picking Japan as the country and English as the language.
Old Jul 30, 2018, 4:30 pm
Original Poster

It seems as though the Japanese website is now coded with the poor code that hides the menu search tool.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.