Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank
Reload this Page >

Best business class seats in 787? [old E01 config with NEO seat]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best business class seats in 787? [old E01 config with NEO seat]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2015, 8:33 am

Thanks 4 ur reply. We are leaving on Sunday in April.
Old Mar 26, 2015, 2:10 pm
dll

Programs: AA Gold (prev. Ex Plat for 10 years); DL Plat; UA Gold; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Scott91436
Thanks 4 ur reply. We are leaving on Sunday in April.
Which Sunday, if I may ask? Headed LAX-KIX myself in late April on a Sunday (feel free to PM me if you don't want to post publicly).
Old Mar 26, 2015, 2:33 pm

Programs: US Airways CP, UA 1K, DL Plat, Marriott Gold, SPG Plat
Flying JL 66 NRT-SAN in C on Dec 30 so it looks like we will have the Flat Neo in a 788. It is a honeymoon trip (although this is the return). We have 2 DG as a couple. There are no side by side seats in the forward area.

Is it worth getting a window/aisle combination. First time in a 787 and I know there is a big fuss made about the windows, just do not know if it is worth it.
Old Mar 26, 2015, 2:38 pm
dll

Programs: AA Gold (prev. Ex Plat for 10 years); DL Plat; UA Gold; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by pjs91015
Flying JL 66 NRT-SAN in C on Dec 30 so it looks like we will have the Flat Neo in a 788. It is a honeymoon trip (although this is the return). We have 2 DG as a couple. There are no side by side seats in the forward area.

Is it worth getting a window/aisle combination. First time in a 787 and I know there is a big fuss made about the windows, just do not know if it is worth it.
Other than the electronic control, I appreciate the giant size of the window. That said, it's a window, and if you're not a fan of sitting next to them it's not anything special otherwise. I personally covet window seats as I believe the view is 85% of the inflight entertainment, but YMMV.
Old Mar 28, 2015, 11:31 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Hyatt GP Platinum
Originally Posted by pjs91015

Yes. It's a great experience especially your first time on a 787. I just flew on 787 to/from Japan and loved sitting next to the window.
Old Mar 28, 2015, 11:38 pm

Just flew business on KIX-LAX. I have to ask... what is expected service on JL? We were served food on this flight. Although there is an Anytime Menu, I was expecting a second round of food/drink service around 1:30-2:00 before landing. The menu sorta made it seem that way. Instead, I was asked about 2 hours before landing if I wanted anything else, as the food order was about to close. I declined. Wasn't offered a second round of food, drinks, coffee, or juice. Is this normal?
Old Mar 28, 2015, 11:47 pm
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by fishy21
Just flew business on KIX-LAX. I have to ask... what is expected service on JL? We were served food on this flight. Although there is an Anytime Menu, I was expecting a second round of food/drink service around 1:30-2:00 before landing. The menu sorta made it seem that way. Instead, I was asked about 2 hours before landing if I wanted anything else, as the food order was about to close. I declined. Wasn't offered a second round of food, drinks, coffee, or juice. Is this normal?
The a la carte is the second round
Old Apr 21, 2015, 11:21 am

Programs: AA ExPlat / LT Plat / 3MM, Delta Plat, Bonvoy LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Flight JFK-NRT which side of the plane to sit on facing forward in Business? Right now we're in the second cabin on the left side at the back. Three of us traveling. Last row window and second from the last window and isle. What are the best seat choices for the morning flight traveling West?
Old Apr 23, 2015, 4:08 am
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by EXPLAT
Flight JFK-NRT which side of the plane to sit on facing forward in Business? Right now we're in the second cabin on the left side at the back. Three of us traveling. Last row window and second from the last window and isle. What are the best seat choices for the morning flight traveling West?
What did you mean by facing forward? There's no backward facing seats
Old Apr 27, 2015, 8:01 am

Programs: BA Gold, Priority Club Gold, Accor Silver, Virgin Australia Gold
I had a very pleasant day time flight on 787 - row 9A in J.
Old Apr 28, 2015, 9:08 pm

Originally Posted by fishy21
If you don't mind me asking, how did you enjoy this flight?

Does it compare to Cathay Business? I'm considering booking it now (KIX-LAX-SFO) but may just train to Tokyo and go HAN-SFO.

Any thoughts are appreciated, thanks.
Old Apr 29, 2015, 1:03 pm

Originally Posted by JALPak
What did you mean by facing forward? There's no backward facing seats
Back as in aft cabin of the two business class cabins. Given the choice of two center seats at row 1 or row 8 in aft cabin with one seat with a window. What would be the best option?
Old Apr 29, 2015, 1:04 pm

Originally Posted by nivsy
I had a very pleasant day time flight on 787 - row 9A in J.
Wing didn't block too much of the looking out?
Old Apr 30, 2015, 4:49 pm
dll

Originally Posted by EXPLAT
Wing didn't block too much of the looking out?
9A is acceptable. 10A will have more view impacted by the wing. 9A is above the forward part of the wingbox, so you still see forward easily.
Old May 14, 2015, 4:25 pm

Originally Posted by Niviac
If you don't mind me asking, how did you enjoy this flight?

Does it compare to Cathay Business? I'm considering booking it now (KIX-LAX-SFO) but may just train to Tokyo and go HAN-SFO.

Any thoughts are appreciated, thanks.
Sorry... just saw this post.

It was a nice flight/plane. Business was 50% full, so we had plenty of space. The IFE was broken on my original bulkhead seat, so we moved 1 row back. Loved the plane. Have not tried Cathay Business.

Service was lacking though... I preferred NH over JL. NH attendants were more attentive & friendly. Like my post said, after dinner service, the JL FA's disappeared. When I wanted to order food, I rang the call button and they were prompt... but not very warm service.

The club at KIX was nice. Lots of food selection & beer/wine.

But loved the 787. It's not lie-flat like the 777, but still a nice flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.