Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank
Reload this Page >

Best business class seats in 787? [old E01 config with NEO seat]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best business class seats in 787? [old E01 config with NEO seat]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2017, 5:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
They are probably seeing a weaker J demand on the routes with NEO... The solution should be Sky Suite of some kind, not fewer NEO seats.
Old Sep 19, 2017, 6:12 pm
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
They are probably seeing a weaker J demand on the routes with NEO... The solution should be Sky Suite of some kind, not fewer NEO seats.
But this is the most cost effective way LOL
Old Sep 21, 2017, 7:30 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by JALPak
I did more digging into this. Looks like the seat map changed from Jan 11 2018 for JL033/032. They are removing 2 rows of C to add 4 rows of Y seats.
Does it show the type of Y seats? - is JAL finally replacing them with the Sky Wider ones or just adding more standard width Y seats?
Old Sep 21, 2017, 10:17 pm

Originally Posted by rustykettel
Does it show the type of Y seats? - is JAL finally replacing them with the Sky Wider ones or just adding more standard width Y seats?
No, which means most likely still the old seats. Otherwise it would have listed SKY WIDER as the seat type.
Old Sep 23, 2017, 8:28 pm

Programs: JL JGC Diamond, HHonors Gold, Priority Club Gold, World of Hyatt Explorist
JL's seat map page has just been updated and a new config was added - E03. So C seats were reduced by 12 while Y increased by 32 for a total of 206 and will be flying mostly ngo/kix - bkk, hnd-gmp/pek, kix-lax and nrt- yvr which are mostly very low yield routes
Old Sep 23, 2017, 9:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by musashino22
JL's seat map page has just been updated and a new config was added - E03. So C seats were reduced by 12 while Y increased by 32 for a total of 206 and will be flying mostly ngo/kix - bkk, hnd-gmp/pek, kix-lax and nrt- yvr which are mostly very low yield routes
Unless JL is changing the cycles of the airframes then HND/NRT-SGN will be part of that as well. Looking at the loads, these routes could do with a shift from J to Y capacity. The plane going to YVR so far has been inbound from SGN.
Old Sep 24, 2017, 12:32 am

Programs: AA, AS, CI, DL, UA
Originally Posted by musashino22
KIX-LAX is never going to be good yield if they want to give crappy C seats @:-)

They might as well start a second flight from Tokyo.
Old Sep 24, 2017, 4:30 pm

Programs: JL JGC Diamond, HHonors Gold, Priority Club Gold, World of Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
Unless JL is changing the cycles of the airframes then HND/NRT-SGN will be part of that as well. Looking at the loads, these routes could do with a shift from J to Y capacity. The plane going to YVR so far has been inbound from SGN.
Yup you are correct. NRT/HND-SGN seems to be included in the list of routes getting E03 sometime in Feb while HND - PEK is not. Now this will make op-ups more difficult as I always receive one in half of these routes especially GMP.
But hopefully, if loads are still light, they can give the rear C section to elites even if food is Y. crossing my fingers.
Old Sep 24, 2017, 4:36 pm

Originally Posted by coolfish1103
KIX-LAX is never going to be good yield if they want to give crappy C seats @:-)

They might as well start a second flight from Tokyo.
Kansai people are very well known to be stingy even their corporate/salarymen so I guess JL doesn't see it fit to even deploy their latest and greatest seats.

I have flown this flight a few times in the past in C and I noticed the passenger profile is more geared towards senior packaged tours which we know is very low margin and seems like the ojiisans/obaasans are contented that they fly in business class. just my 2 yens
Tokyoite likes this.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 4:00 pm

Programs: UA Gold MM, Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite
My wife and I will be on JL66 NRT-SAN on a 787-8. The seat map shows rows 1-3 in the forward cabin and rows 7-8 in the rear cabin. Our seats were 7AC, but noticed today that our seats were changed to 7CD, with 7A now blocked. In fact all window seats are now blocked. Should I call to ask to go back to our original 7AC or should I ask for 7DG which is available? Should we change to 2DG to avoid noise from the galley and/or restroom?

Last edited by Alan6557; Jan 1, 2019 at 4:15 pm
Old Jan 1, 2019, 11:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Alan6557
My wife and I will be on JL66 NRT-SAN on a 787-8. The seat map shows rows 1-3 in the forward cabin and rows 7-8 in the rear cabin. Our seats were 7AC, but noticed today that our seats were changed to 7CD, with 7A now blocked. In fact all window seats are now blocked. Should I call to ask to go back to our original 7AC or should I ask for 7DG which is available? Should we change to 2DG to avoid noise from the galley and/or restroom?
The main J galley is in the front right side of the plane. The main Y galley is in the rear.

I doubt you are going to get your seats back. I guess what happened that your flight got changed to the new Skysuite configuration. Hence the window seats being blocked I would change to 2 D/G if it was me, and it is a Skysuite bird. When is your flight?
Old Jan 2, 2019, 4:19 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Wait till T-48 to do online check-in and the foward cabin window seats will open up (what is left of them).
What date are you flying? I can look up the status of foward cabin blocked seats via KVS tool.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 8:08 am

Programs: UA Gold MM, Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite
Originally Posted by Tokyoite
Wait till T-48 to do online check-in and the foward cabin window seats will open up (what is left of them).
What date are you flying? I can look up the status of foward cabin blocked seats via KVS tool.
The flight date for JL66 NRT-SAN is 2019-MAY-29.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 8:18 am

You could have easily checked yourself with expert flyer's FREE account
Old Jan 2, 2019, 8:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/japan-airlines-jal-mileage-bank/1932541-nrt-yvr-nrt-san-will-get-sky-suite-upgrade-fy2019.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.