Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank
Reload this Page >

[JAL NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 26, 2018, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Tokyoite
Corona related JAL announcements page link.
https://www.jal.co.jp/jp/en/info/2020/other/200228/

Just to kick start a wiki, with answers to frequent questions.
1. We're flying HND-NGO-HNL. NGO-HNL is booked in business class, but HND-NGO is in economy. Will we still get the baggage allowance as if we're flying business class the whole way?
A: Yes. written here (link)
2. We're flying HND-NGO-HNL. Will we have lounge access in HND?
A. Definitely, within the lounge access rules of course. written here (link)
Print Wikipost

[JAL NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2017, 7:17 pm

Programs: OneWorld Emerald, JL Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by JALPak
That is incorrect, you can earn JMB miles on AF coded flights
Aah, I thought the relationship between JL and AF is more limited.
Yes, JMB members can earn its miles on AF, EK, MU, and AS flights in addition to OW members.

Anyway JL may not make a deeper partnership with KE because KE totally rivals JL.
Old Mar 17, 2017, 1:44 am
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
On the F seat of the 773, is there one (or more) USB plug to charge phones and other gizmos ? Also does the Bose headphones has a 1 jack plug that will fit into an iPad or is the custom 3 jacks plug ?
Thanks
Old Mar 17, 2017, 1:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by fransknorge
On the F seat of the 773, is there one (or more) USB plug to charge phones and other gizmos ? Also does the Bose headphones has a 1 jack plug that will fit into an iPad or is the custom 3 jacks plug ?
Thanks
There is a USB plug, and a 240V power socket. The sockets fits with US/EU/GB style plugs.

The headphone plug is two pin. if you bring your own headphones you will need an adapter.
Old Mar 17, 2017, 2:45 am
Accor 10+ BadgeHilton 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
Thank you
Old Mar 17, 2017, 3:06 am
Ambassador: Japan Airlines
Original Poster

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
There is a USB plug, and a 240V power socket. The sockets fits with US/EU/GB style plugs.

The headphone plug is two pin. if you bring your own headphones you will need an adapter.
You sure it's not 110V?
Old Mar 17, 2017, 4:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by JALPak
You sure it's not 110V?
Now that you mention it, not 100% sure. But normal power socket for most electronics you'd bring on board.
Old Mar 17, 2017, 6:15 am
Ambassador: Japan Airlines
Original Poster

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Now that you mention it, not 100% sure. But normal power socket for most electronics you'd bring on board.
https://www.jal.co.jp/en/inter/service/pc_power/
Old Mar 18, 2017, 3:11 pm

we are flying to Dublin from Itami via haneda and our. Will my bag be checked through from Itami and how easy is it to connect in haneda from domestic terminal to international?
Old Mar 18, 2017, 5:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Gm125
we are flying to Dublin from Itami via haneda and our. Will my bag be checked through from Itami and how easy is it to connect in haneda from domestic terminal to international?
Provided that you are on a single ticket, they will check your luggage to the final destination and you'll only have to retrieve it again on Dublin.

Changing at Haneda is fairly painless.

​​​JAL has a bus from domestic to international, just follow the signs for international transfers. This is before exiting the baggage claim area.

Alternatively there is a free inter-terminal bus, and you can get a free ticket to the monorail to take you from the domestic terminals to the international.
​​​​​
​​​​​
Old Mar 18, 2017, 5:44 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by Gm125
Provided that you are on a single ticket, they will check your luggage to the final destination and you'll only have to retrieve it again on Dublin.

Changing at Haneda is fairly painless.

If you are flying JAL they have a bus from domestic to international, just follow the signs for international transfers. This is before exiting the baggage claim area. Not sure if ANA has something similar from their terminal.

Alternatively there is a free inter-terminal bus, and you can get a free ticket to the monorail to take you from the domestic terminals to the international.
​​​​​
​​​​​
To add to this, even if you are NOT on a single ticket, they will likely check it onwards, just tell them you have an international connection.
Old Mar 18, 2017, 9:13 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond
Others can comment but I have had success in using a single prong Bose headphone, particularly if I plug into the left side of the two
Old Mar 18, 2017, 10:50 pm

I'm researching HND-CTS award flights for next year's ski season but looking at upcoming availability. There is hourly frequency and I can see a lot of Y award seats. J availability tends to be quite scarce.
Is that normal for this route?
Is it season dependent?
Old Mar 19, 2017, 1:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by davidgrahammd
Others can comment but I have had success in using a single prong Bose headphone, particularly if I plug into the left side of the two
Since the plug in F is placed vertically, which one is the left one?

I'll test, if I remember. I always have a converter in my headphone case..
Old Mar 19, 2017, 6:35 am

Programs: LY-PL, A3-*G
HND lounge

Flying CX HND-HKG in J with no status.
Which lounge is recommended in HND?
Old Mar 19, 2017, 6:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Houminer
Flying CX HND-HKG in J with no status.
Which lounge is recommended in HND?
​​​​​​
The CX lounge is very nice, the noodle bar same as in other locations.

Otherwise you can go to the JL Sakura lounge. If you are used to the CX lounges, maybe check out JL for a change.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.