Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank
Reload this Page >

[JAL NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 26, 2018, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Tokyoite
Corona related JAL announcements page link.
https://www.jal.co.jp/jp/en/info/2020/other/200228/

Just to kick start a wiki, with answers to frequent questions.
1. We're flying HND-NGO-HNL. NGO-HNL is booked in business class, but HND-NGO is in economy. Will we still get the baggage allowance as if we're flying business class the whole way?
A: Yes. written here (link)
2. We're flying HND-NGO-HNL. Will we have lounge access in HND?
A. Definitely, within the lounge access rules of course. written here (link)
Print Wikipost

[JAL NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2023, 12:54 pm

Very weird/very newbie question here.

We booked business class tickets to Tokyo on JAL, but it was based on a cheap flight alert on Google Flights that essentially sent us to book WestJet code shares but purchased on United's site. I'm trying to figure out how to get assigned seats, or at least any assurance that we won't be bumped if we don't get assigned them before the day of. WestJet seemed to really want to help, and was able to give us our JAL confirmation number, but sent us to call JAL for further assistance. JAL couldn't figure anything out even with the confirmation number (which doesn't work on the website), and sent us back to WestJet. We're in a never-ending loop!

Anyone go through a similar experience and have any advice on how to get the right info?
Old Feb 23, 2023, 1:08 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Runner123
Can I find out earlier? I am flying Bangkok -Haneda-JFK and want to know if I get Japan Airline Lounge access in Haneda. I looked on the website, but nothing showed up about an international flight continuing on with another international flight. It is a purchased flight-if that makes any difference. I also have an Amex Platinum-if there is anything else available. I have a 6 hour stop, so I am hoping I get a lounge to hang out in. Thanks!
what class of service and is it a codeshare?
Old Feb 23, 2023, 1:34 pm
Ambassador: Japan Airlines
Original Poster

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by meowgicians
Very weird/very newbie question here.

We booked business class tickets to Tokyo on JAL, but it was based on a cheap flight alert on Google Flights that essentially sent us to book WestJet code shares but purchased on United's site. I'm trying to figure out how to get assigned seats, or at least any assurance that we won't be bumped if we don't get assigned them before the day of. WestJet seemed to really want to help, and was able to give us our JAL confirmation number, but sent us to call JAL for further assistance. JAL couldn't figure anything out even with the confirmation number (which doesn't work on the website), and sent us back to WestJet. We're in a never-ending loop!

Anyone go through a similar experience and have any advice on how to get the right info?
For seat assignment, you will need to reach out the marketing carrier or who you booked the ticket with (united in this case).

https://faq-ar-en.jal.co.jp/app/answ...6474/related/1
Old Feb 23, 2023, 2:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by LapLap
Finally updated.
The Sakura lounge is open to economy passengers on the JL41 departing at 00:10 at 21:40.
https://www.jal.co.jp/jp/en/inter/route/hndlhr/

Am anticipating a sizeable queue at the curry station - is a 20 minute wait a reasonable expectation?
And does anyone know when we are expected to leave the lounge to be ready to board?
There is no curry station as such, food is ordered via a QR code on the table. I doubt there will be a 20 minutes wait for curry, but then again I never tried.

JAL starts boarding 25 minutes before departure. Depending on where the gate is, there can be a bit of a walk. If you watch the little video on the food ordering app, it will give you a view of the lounge and gate location.
Old Feb 23, 2023, 2:45 pm

Originally Posted by JALPak
For seat assignment, you will need to reach out the marketing carrier or who you booked the ticket with (united in this case).
I spoke to two different United agents who told me they couldn't help as they had no access to the seat map. They referred me back to WestJet.
Old Feb 23, 2023, 2:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by BklynProf
Our flight from JFK to HND (JL003) was cancelled and we've been offered a flight into NRT. How difficult is it to transit to a domestic JAL flight at NRT? How much time do we need to leave? Our original flight was scheduled to arrive at 4:45 am and our connection to ITM was scheduled at 13:25 so we'd have time to transit and refresh in the business class lounge. Now we only have 2.5 hours to transit from our international to the only domestic connection of the day from NRT to ITM/KIX.
2.5 hours in NRT is probably fine. Once you exit from customs it is a short walk to the domestic check in counters and the flights depart from the same terminal. You just need to be through security 20 minutes before departure to make it.
Old Feb 23, 2023, 2:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Runner123
Can I find out earlier? I am flying Bangkok -Haneda-JFK and want to know if I get Japan Airline Lounge access in Haneda. I looked on the website, but nothing showed up about an international flight continuing on with another international flight. It is a purchased flight-if that makes any difference. I also have an Amex Platinum-if there is anything else available. I have a 6 hour stop, so I am hoping I get a lounge to hang out in. Thanks!
There is no amex lounge in Haneda, it will all come down to class of service of your ticket. Premium economy on a JAL code flight (not codeshare AA), business, and first on the departing flight will give lounge access.
Old Feb 23, 2023, 3:00 pm
Ambassador: Japan Airlines
Original Poster

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by meowgicians
I spoke to two different United agents who told me they couldn't help as they had no access to the seat map. They referred me back to WestJet.
You should check with WestJet then. What is the flight number? WS5901/5907? JL won’t assign the seats until check-in opens up if this is a WS coded flight.
Old Feb 23, 2023, 3:04 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist
Premium economy-no codeshare-their metal.
Old Feb 23, 2023, 3:19 pm

Programs: Marriott LTG, HHonors Diamond, Nat'l Exec
This page is very helpful for lounge access by class:

https://www.jal.co.jp/jp/en/inter/se...ber/class.html

Looks like access to the Sakura Lounge at Haneda for premium economy, unless I am misreading.

(Edited to add: you may be entitled to other access from status)
Old Feb 23, 2023, 10:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
There is no curry station as such, food is ordered via a QR code on the table. I doubt there will be a 20 minutes wait for curry, but then again I never tried.
Really? I’m terrible at negotiating that sort of thing. Oh well, at least it won’t be a surprise when it happens.
There is a way of ordering multiple portions, isn’t there? So a family member can order for the others.
Old Feb 23, 2023, 11:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by LapLap
Really? I’m terrible at negotiating that sort of thing. Oh well, at least it won’t be a surprise when it happens.
There is a way of ordering multiple portions, isn’t there? So a family member can order for the others.
Yes there is the option to order multiple portions for the same table.
LapLap likes this.
Old Feb 24, 2023, 7:56 am

Flying round trip JFK-HND-KIX in business class on a single PNR. Did some research and need help to confirm a few things.
1. JFK-HND-KIX: At Haneda T3, I will need to go through immigration, collect luggage, pass customs, go to transfer desk and take the bus from T3 to T1?
2. KIX-HND-JFK: Luggage will be checked through from KIX-HND-JFK? Is Immigration done at KIX or HND?
Thank you in advance.
Old Feb 24, 2023, 8:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by night718
Flying round trip JFK-HND-KIX in business class on a single PNR. Did some research and need help to confirm a few things.
1. JFK-HND-KIX: At Haneda T3, I will need to go through immigration, collect luggage, pass customs, go to transfer desk and take the bus from T3 to T1?
2. KIX-HND-JFK: Luggage will be checked through from KIX-HND-JFK? Is Immigration done at KIX or HND?
Thank you in advance.
1. Yes you need to go through immigration and reclaim luggage at T3. Depending on time of day transfer check-in at T3 or you need to bring the luggage to T1 and do bag drop there.

2. Luggage will be checked through, but you need to change terminal land side, go through security and passport control in Haneda.
Old Feb 24, 2023, 8:07 am

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
1. Yes you need to go through immigration and reclaim luggage at T3. Depending on time of day transfer check-in at T3 or you need to bring the luggage to T1 and do bag drop there.

2. Luggage will be checked through, but you need to change terminal land side, go through security and passport control in Haneda.
Thank you for the quick response.
Our flight arrives T3 at 4:45am.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.