Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank
Reload this Page >

[JAL NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 26, 2018, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Tokyoite
Corona related JAL announcements page link.
https://www.jal.co.jp/jp/en/info/2020/other/200228/

Just to kick start a wiki, with answers to frequent questions.
1. We're flying HND-NGO-HNL. NGO-HNL is booked in business class, but HND-NGO is in economy. Will we still get the baggage allowance as if we're flying business class the whole way?
A: Yes. written here (link)
2. We're flying HND-NGO-HNL. Will we have lounge access in HND?
A. Definitely, within the lounge access rules of course. written here (link)
Print Wikipost

[JAL NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2022, 9:42 pm
Ambassador: Japan Airlines
Original Poster

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by sergent
I am also wondering, if the other person on the reservation would put a JMB number into the reservation on AA, would that make it possible to bring up the booking on JAL's site, or is it still not possible then due to the codeshare?
Thanks.
The result will just be the same. As stated in the FAQ, JAL will not handle seat assignment on AA coded flights until OLCI opens up. It doesn’t matter whether you are a JMB member or not. You have to contact AA or your travel agent.
Old Apr 18, 2022, 9:56 pm

Originally Posted by JALPak
The result will just be the same. As stated in the FAQ, JAL will not handle seat assignment on AA coded flights until OLCI opens up. It doesn’t matter whether you are a JMB member or not. You have to contact AA or your travel agent.
Thanks!
Old Apr 19, 2022, 8:38 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG AMB, Marriott GLD
Curious is there is any word of JAL working on a new international business product. JAL and ANA seem to mirror each other so given ANA's new phenomenal premium product, I would think that they would be working on one as well.
Old Apr 19, 2022, 3:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by S314KY
Curious is there is any word of JAL working on a new international business product. JAL and ANA seem to mirror each other so given ANA's new phenomenal premium product, I would think that they would be working on one as well.
No rumours so far. But they will probably need to find something different for the A350-1000 when they start to join the fleet. Let's see what they come up with.
​​​​​​
Old Apr 19, 2022, 5:17 pm
Ambassador: Japan Airlines
Original Poster

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by cph-flyer
no rumours so far. But they will probably need to find something different for the a350-1000 when they start to join the fleet. Let's see what they come up with.
​​​​​​
They will probably come up with JAL SKY SUITE NEO
Old May 2, 2022, 11:47 am

Question. So jal downgraded the aircraft from lax-hnd for June. They switched it from a 777 to a 787-9. However my seats that were booked window and aisle 5A and C are now gone. When trying to select those exact seats again, Jal has blocked off all the window seats from selecting. If I call JAL will they be able to put me back in the same seats that I had on the 777? Just want to get a window and aisle for my wife and son.
Old May 2, 2022, 4:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by brabb12
Question. So jal downgraded the aircraft from lax-hnd for June. They switched it from a 777 to a 787-9. However my seats that were booked window and aisle 5A and C are now gone. When trying to select those exact seats again, Jal has blocked off all the window seats from selecting. If I call JAL will they be able to put me back in the same seats that I had on the 777? Just want to get a window and aisle for my wife and son.
You can try, but unless they have Oneworld status likely not. But they should have had a OW status to pick row 5 in the first place, so if that is the case all will be fine.
brabb12 likes this.
Old May 2, 2022, 4:38 pm

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
You can try, but unless they have Oneworld status likely not. But they should have had a OW status to pick row 5 in the first place, so if that is the case all will be fine.
they don't have oneworld status, though I do but since im not going with them that its useless.LOL

They said they would make a note regarding the seat that I requested for them. LOL So I probably won't be able to get it for them unless its at the airport.
Old May 2, 2022, 4:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

they don't have oneworld status, though I do but since im not going with them that its useless.LOL

They said they would make a note regarding the seat that I requested for them. LOL So I probably won't be able to get it for them unless its at the airport.
Online check-in makes almost all seats free for picking, so there it should be possible to find a window aisle combo. Loads are not sky high these days.
Old May 2, 2022, 9:20 pm

Online check-in makes almost all seats free for picking, so there it should be possible to find a window aisle combo. Loads are not sky high these days.
Currently all window seats are blocked. Which is really weird that every single one is like that.
Old May 2, 2022, 11:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Currently all window seats are blocked. Which is really weird that every single one is like that.
Online check-in, or just manage booking?

The latter, then probably comes from no status plus award booking, which equals limited seat selection options until OLCI.
Old May 3, 2022, 1:41 pm

Online check-in, or just manage booking?

The latter, then probably comes from no status plus award booking, which equals limited seat selection options until OLCI.
Just manage booking.
Old May 10, 2022, 11:33 pm

Error

Every time I try to sign up for JAL MB I get the error
the city name is only 7 letters. Can anyone help?
  1. Please enter "City (HOME)" in the correct format within 30 alphanumeric characters.

Last edited by NewbieRunner; May 11, 2022 at 12:16 am Reason: Removed superfluous characters
Old May 11, 2022, 12:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Dmixx
Every time I try to sign up for JAL MB I get the error
the city name is only 7 letters. Can anyone help?
  1. Please enter "City (HOME)" in the correct format within 30 alphanumeric characters.
What region are you trying sign up in?
Old May 11, 2022, 9:01 am

What region are you trying sign up in?
USA. I made sure I was using the American form and not the Japanese one.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.