Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Friends and Family discount at all IHG Hotels

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2009, 12:17 pm

Programs: IC/AMB - Diamond Elite, AC E50K, AA, AM-Onyx, HH-Diamond, BW, Choice - Gold
Originally Posted by g00ner
So was my F&F stay.
It posted as a non-qualifying night.
As stated on the main page of the F&F website, these rates are not eligible for Priority Club points, therefore they are not qualifying rates. If an individual hotel wishes to issue points and stay credits, be happy you get them, but there is NO entitlement to them.

From the website:

As our Friends and Family, you can now enjoy special rates at over 4,100 IHG hotels worldwide for any reservation made between February 23rd and May 31st 2009 for bookings made up to one year in advance of stay. Make your booking using the Reservation button below.

When planning your next trip, please visit and book your hotel through this website to automatically receive the Friends and Family discount.

Rates are subject to availability. Most Friends and Family rates must be booked approximately 7 days in advance, although individual hotels and regions may vary.

Please note: Friends and Family rates are non-refundable and do not qualify for Priority Club® points.

mxm135

Last edited by MXM135; Mar 31, 2009 at 12:22 pm Reason: Correct typo
Old Mar 31, 2009, 12:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MXM135
As stated on the main page of the F&F website, these rates are not eligible for Priority Club points, therefore they are not qualifying rates. If an inidividual hotel wishes to issue points and stay credits, be happy you get them, but there is NO entitlement to them.
Bingo.
Old Mar 31, 2009, 1:20 pm

Programs: UA 1MM 0P, AA, DL, *wood, Lifetime FPC Plat., IHG, HHD
bummer, my rate request which I was going to book today is now no longer showing up for the IC chicago or NYC. Darn, snooze you lose I guess, this was for more than a month out too.
Old Apr 1, 2009, 1:41 am

Programs: Royal Ambassador Priority Club, Silver Elite goldpointsplus, Gold SPG, Diamond Hyatt
Originally Posted by MXM135
As stated on the main page of the F&F website, these rates are not eligible for Priority Club points, therefore they are not qualifying rates. If an individual hotel wishes to issue points and stay credits, be happy you get them, but there is NO entitlement to them.
Yes, I know what the T&C's are thank you. I was actually replying to someone that asked me a specific question. As some members have stated that they have got Points for their stays.
Old Apr 4, 2009, 10:35 am

Programs: DL: DM / Royal Ambassador /PC:Plat / Hertz:5*
Originally Posted by soitgoes
F&F rates are anywhere from 10-50% off Best Flexible rate (or not offered). So if there are other promo rates and a low F&F discount rate, then it may not be the cheapest rate.

An October 2007 IHG newsletter I found online lists the breakdown of % off F&F rates offered at hotels offering the rate:
21% offer 10%
19% offer 20%
20% offer 30%
13% offer 40%
27% offer 50%
This is out dated and has NO relevance to the current Friend and Family promotion they are offering that launched in 2009.

Last edited by Astriker; Apr 6, 2009 at 1:00 pm
Old Apr 4, 2009, 10:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Astriker
This is out dated and has NO relevance to the current Friend and Family promotion they are offering that launched in 2009. If you have links to the program, send them via PM, but the more you post them, the more they will kill the link.
???
I have no links. While the percentage distribution may have changed, it does explain the variance in the percent of discounts offered. It is relevant in that regard.
Old Apr 4, 2009, 8:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Airline Free Agent/MR Gold/ HH Diamond/National/MGM/Amex
Originally Posted by soitgoes
???
I have no links. While the percentage distribution may have changed, it does explain the variance in the percent of discounts offered. It is relevant in that regard.
Spot on. IHG properties are pretty much free to pick their rate for this rate code. Thats why you get such varied price discounts.
Old Apr 6, 2009, 12:59 pm

Good Afternoon!

As a Fellow FTer, I guess I can actually not feel too guilty about passing on the Friends and Family Promotional Rate. The % discount varies by hotel, but is availalbe at all of them. The current end date is May 2nd (let's hope they extend it a bit longer)

Thanks to all my fellow FTers for their guidance and support through many of my UA/DL questions!

If you have any questions on the Promotion (Or IHG) feel free to ask. Here is a tinyurl to the link. The employee name required is included on the link below and location is AMERICAS CORPORATE ATLANTA (Ravinia to be more exact).

http://tinyurl.com/IHGFFR

Last edited by Astriker; Apr 7, 2009 at 4:45 pm Reason: Added location info
Old Apr 8, 2009, 12:58 am

Has anyone had trouble using a BOGO on an F&F rate?
Old Apr 8, 2009, 3:35 am

Originally Posted by rollingby
Has anyone had trouble using a BOGO on an F&F rate?
This rate does not qualify for BOGO.
Old Apr 8, 2009, 3:57 am
uk1
Suspended

This rate does not qualify for BOGO.
Hi,

I know that IHG's postion is that this rate does not qualify for BOGOF, but this position is obviously unfair.

The reason why I say this is because the rate is being promoted to Ambassadors and RAs via IHGs own MR forum and they are being encouraged to cascade the rate to anyone that they wish to. IHG want this incremental revenue from people that they KNOW are not Famaily or Friends as most people would reasonably classify them.

The membership certificate and the letters inviting members to renew simply state that the certificate can be used for the 2nd night of any weekend stay. The F&F rate makes no mention on the T's&C's that it cannot be used with a BOGOF even though the re=ate is actively being promoted to people that would probably assume it was. The F&F rate is non-cancellable, so members who suffer as a result of IHGs lack of care cannot back-track.

So, in my view there is effectively every reason for an Ambassador or RA having been invited to use the rate by IHG to believe that a BOGOF is usable. IHG have made no attmept at all to warn members that it is not usable.

If IHG have a sensible approach to their own errors then they would allow BOGOFs until they publicise a suitable rule that precludes their use.

As you work in revenue for IHG can you help us get this reconsidered for those that IHG have actively sold this rate to? If IHG fail to recognise and correct their own ommission then once again they risk alienating their own best customers whilst demonstrating a clear lack of integrity.

Thanks.
Old Apr 8, 2009, 5:37 am

Originally Posted by uk1
Hi,

I know that IHG's postion is that this rate does not qualify for BOGOF, but this position is obviously unfair.

The reason why I say this is because the rate is being promoted to Ambassadors and RAs via IHGs own MR forum and they are being encouraged to cascade the rate to anyone that they wish to. IHG want this incremental revenue from people that they KNOW are not Famaily or Friends as most people would reasonably classify them.

The membership certificate and the letters inviting members to renew simply state that the certificate can be used for the 2nd night of any weekend stay. The F&F rate makes no mention on the T's&C's that it cannot be used with a BOGOF even though the re=ate is actively being promoted to people that would probably assume it was. The F&F rate is non-cancellable, so members who suffer as a result of IHGs lack of care cannot back-track.

So, in my view there is effectively every reason for an Ambassador or RA having been invited to use the rate by IHG to believe that a BOGOF is usable. IHG have made no attmept at all to warn members that it is not usable.

If IHG have a sensible approach to their own errors then they would allow BOGOFs until they publicise a suitable rule that precludes their use.

As you work in revenue for IHG can you help us get this reconsidered for those that IHG have actively sold this rate to? If IHG fail to recognise and correct their own ommission then once again they risk alienating their own best customers whilst demonstrating a clear lack of integrity.

Thanks.
Wish we could, but the promotion and terms was made clear prior to launch that BOGOs would not be eligible, as the Friends and Family base it was intended for, majority are not RAs or even PC Members. If IHG sends out a formal announcement / invite email to all RA and Ambassador Members, then I can see frustration, but this is being spread through blogs, links through friends, etc. If you would like to try to get a BOGO with it, feel free to. I know others have tried and were unsuccessful but anyone can try. Similar to how its not eligible for points, and its setup that way, but some hotels have paid out points on it.
Old Apr 8, 2009, 6:25 am
uk1
Suspended

Wish we could, but the promotion and terms was made clear prior to launch that BOGOs would not be eligible, as the Friends and Family base it was intended for, majority are not RAs or even PC Members. If IHG sends out a formal announcement / invite email to all RA and Ambassador Members, then I can see frustration, but this is being spread through blogs, links through friends, etc. If you would like to try to get a BOGO with it, feel free to. I know others have tried and were unsuccessful but anyone can try. Similar to how its not eligible for points, and its setup that way, but some hotels have paid out points on it.
Well I tried - but what you've said may be true as far as it goes but is incomplete and I'm saddened by your response. Obviously IHG employees will not be Ambassadors or RAs but Ambassadors and RAs have been targetted through the Communispace forum. This is IHG's own forum for Ambassadors and RAs. They were then very specifically encouraged to pass these on to people outside that forum.

It may (or may not - how would I know) have been made clear "before the launch" - but it hasn't been made clear to those that have taken the offer at face value. The lack of points has been made clear. The fact it's non-cancellable has been made clear. So why has the lack of ability to use certificates - which are not free but paid for - was not. People that earn points may have certificates. The information provision seems to have been selective. Steve Sickel himself has encouraged the cascading of his own link.

To defend your opinion I'd simply appreciate you pointing me to any IHG source - any at all - that makes it clear before people commit themselves to the non-refundable rate to those people that IHG have targetted with the offer that BOGOFs cannot be used.

If not -I'd appreciate your help.
Old Apr 8, 2009, 6:28 am

Programs: Royal Ambassador Priority Club, Silver Elite goldpointsplus, Gold SPG, Diamond Hyatt
Originally Posted by uk1
Well I tried - but what you've said may be true as far as it goes but is incomplete and I'm saddened by your response. IObviously IHG employees will not be Ambassadors or RAs but Ambssadors and RAs have been targetted through the Communispace forum. This is IHG's own forum for Ambssadors and RAs.

It may have been made clear "before the launch" but it hasn't been made clear to those that have taken the offer at face value. The lack of points has been made clear. The fact it's non-cancellable has been made clear. The lack of ability to use certificates - which are not free but paid for - was not.

To defend your opinion I'd simply appreciate you pointing me to any IHG source - any at all - that makes it clear before people commit themselves to the non-refundable rate to those people that IHG have targetted with the offer that BOGOFs cannot be used.
That's sad. , but l guess that makes it a definite no then.
Old Apr 8, 2009, 7:30 am

Originally Posted by uk1
This is IHG's own forum for Ambassadors and RAs. They were then very specifically encouraged to pass these on to people outside that forum.
FT is not IHG's own forum, now you may be referring to the Ambassador Community.

[QUOTE=uk1;11547021The lack of points has been made clear. The fact it's non-cancellable has been made clear. So why has the lack of ability to use certificates - which are not free but paid for - was not. People that earn points may have certificates. The information provision seems to have been selective. Steve Sickel himself has encouraged the cascading of his own link.[/QUOTE] Agree, the wording could be more fine tuned, but no inclusions or components is highlighted. "The Friends and Family Rate Promotion is available for room bookings only and not for packages or other components.". To note no other promotions apply to the rate, again though, the majority are not Ambassadors or RAs.

Originally Posted by uk1
To defend your opinion I'd simply appreciate you pointing me to any IHG source - any at all - that makes it clear before people commit themselves to the non-refundable rate to those people that IHG have targetted with the offer that BOGOs cannot be used.
As you noted, my "opinion", what you are asking for is clearly "fact", where it can be located in the T&C. Unfortunately changing this promotion to include items is outside the realm of my abilities/influence.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.