Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CP Singapore Changi Airport Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2009, 3:41 am

Programs: QF Plat LTG, UA2mm, Marriott LTP
I have stayed there about 10 times. Last 5 times it's always been a suite upgrade.

Last time I called the manager and asked why I don't get Club access like at other CP's - "we don't do that" she said.
I then asked why not at least offer a suite OR club. She acted like this was an incredibly complex idea that would make things very difficult for the hotel. I gave up.
Old Dec 7, 2009, 12:47 pm

Programs: UA 1k, PC Plat, Hilton Gold
I have 4 nights coming up in Singapore as a midpoint on my trip to India. Corporate travel has a great deal at the Royal Plaza on Scotts, but I am considering 2 nights here since departing early morning. Any other thoughts on getting the best rate possible? Other than using the website?
Old Dec 7, 2009, 9:33 pm

Programs: IC RA, KrisFlyer, Evergreen
@klacker: Try the Friends and Family rate. It'll be much better than the advanced purchase rate.
Old Jan 25, 2010, 8:37 am

Programs: AA, BA, UAL, NZ, QF, LH, SPG, IHG, HH, Marriott etc etc
best rooms and pool for an airport hotel?

CP at Changi...brilliant rooms/bathrooms, runway view was fun, swimming pool is awesome...and all just a short walk from immigration. Brilliant - throw in a visit to the night safari by taxi and you have the perfect overnight transit experience, and a ZERO hotel bill (25,000 PC points redemption)
Old Jan 25, 2010, 8:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
CP Changi is a really cool hotel, and certainly one of the IHG properties with the most advanced design and architecture
Old Feb 4, 2010, 10:59 am

Hey everyone!
I'm visiting Singapore for 6 nights and staying at a hotel downtown. My flight leaves singapore at 7:20am so I was thinking of staying at this hotel. My flight will leave from Terminal 2 (SIN-BKK flight) however this hotel is in a Terminal 3. Is it a hassle to transit from Terminal 3 to Terminal 2?
Or would it be better to stay at my downtown hotel, and catch a cab at 5:00am?
Old Feb 4, 2010, 11:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
I would stay at the hotel. I think the train starts at 5am, so you can just take that from terminal 3 to terminal 2. I came from terminal 1 to the hotel, with no problem. I had to leave the hotel at 4:30am though to leave for the early morn NW/DL flight, so to be safe, I took a cab, which was s$9. There is a shuttle bus upstairs that runs, but I didn't to miss check-in if the bus was late.

I have gotten a king suite my last two visits.
Old Feb 4, 2010, 10:16 pm

Programs: IC RA, KrisFlyer, Evergreen
I've read a lot of conflicting opinions about this hotel. It's new and well-appointed, but on the other hand, there seems to be a issue about noise (apparently not very well sound-proofed) and lighting (no way to completely block out outside lights at night).

Can anyone who's been there clarify these points?
Old Feb 4, 2010, 10:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
I hate a lot of light, and noise certainly bothers me. I've never noticed anything out of the ordinary here, though. I kind of wish the hallways weren't open. It sure gets humid walking to your room.
Old Feb 5, 2010, 1:02 am

Programs: BAEC Gold; Priority Club Gold
Originally Posted by mister__big
I've read a lot of conflicting opinions about this hotel. It's new and well-appointed, but on the other hand, there seems to be a issue about noise (apparently not very well sound-proofed) and lighting (no way to completely block out outside lights at night).

Can anyone who's been there clarify these points?
I have stayed here maybe a dozen times, always with a runway view room. I have had no issues with noise and the curtains are suffiently heavy that there is no light problem. The open corridors are an odd approach in such a humid climate, but its pretty funky.
Old Jun 17, 2010, 2:04 am

Programs: IHG Platinum
Crowne Plaza Singapore - overnighter

Have about 8 hours to spare in SIN and was wondering if anyone knew of deals offered by Crowne Plaza Singapore, that's situated near Changi Airport, for short hauls stays like this..??

Some other airport hotels offer 4 and 8 hour deals for folks that don't actually need the room for a whole 24 hours...anyone know of anything similar being offered by the crowne plaza @ singapore changi airport..??

checked their site, but couldn't seem to find anything
Old Jun 17, 2010, 2:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
If its overnight then it is overnight - I can't see them giving you a discount on the standard rate. The reason day rooms are cheap is that the hotel can resell the room to someone else who is checking in late.

For comparison .... the vast majority of my business stays in the UK are 8 hours! Leave the office at 6pm to get a train out of London to XXXXXX, check in about 10.30pm, leave about 8am to head to client for 9am. No-one has ever offered me a price cut on that basis!

That said, it doesn't hurt to ring the hotel directly, they may be willing to do you a cheap rate over the phone on the basis you won't be about long.
Old Jun 17, 2010, 3:35 am

Programs: VA Gold
i found nothing wrong with the ambassador transit hotel in T3, it was great, and well priced. right next to the mini-cinema too

beds a bit hard though, that's the only negative
Old Jun 17, 2010, 4:31 am

Programs: IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Raffles
If its overnight then it is overnight - I can't see them giving you a discount on the standard rate. The reason day rooms are cheap is that the hotel can resell the room to someone else who is checking in late.
So there is a day rate available then?? do the day rates work out cheaper than the regular rates??
Old Jul 8, 2010, 1:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

FWIW, I had a nice stay at the CP Changi a couple of weeks ago. I wrote a full trip report with pictures, which can be found here.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.