Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CP Singapore Changi Airport Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2009, 2:50 pm

Programs: VA Platinum, QF Lifetime silver (ex plat :(), Accor Gold, IHG Ambassador, PC Platinum, Starwood Gold
can i ask where you got those rates from anyway? including club access they sound pretty good
Old Jun 11, 2009, 5:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Crowne Plaza Changi Airport: Concierge's Hotels Hot List 2009

The Crowne Plaza Changi Airport is part of the Concierge's Hotels Hot List 2009.

This striking 320-room eco-chic airport hotel provides stylish shelter around Singapore's busy airport. The carbon-fiber-mesh exterior, which resembles a latticework of orchids, naturally cools the structure by blocking 60 percent of the sun's rays. The building shape enhances air flow, as do the open corridors between guest rooms, minimizing the need for air-conditioning. Door frames are rubber lined for better sound proofing and double-glazed floor-to-ceiling windows offer fascinating (and noiseless) airfield views.

Beds come with comfortable Ploh sheets, and bathrooms have rain showers and are naturally lit by opaque corridor-facing windows. Business travelers will appreciate the ergonomic chair and elongated desk, and a $38 fee gets you into the Club Lounge, which has free Wi-Fi and around-the-clock snacks.

Even locals come here for the well-priced international buffet at Azur, which has everything from prime cuts to local noodle dishes; expense account travelers, meanwhile, head to Imperial Treasure, the latest outlet of Singapore's top Cantonese restaurant.

Silk Air and Singapore Airlines passengers can check in for their flight in the lobby; for passengers on other airlines, bellmen will still transport luggage to the terminals.
Old Jun 17, 2009, 2:18 am

Guess what..

I was at the CP Changi last week of May and then to HI Macau ( on a PB)...

The cheapest room at CP Changi ( Asia Sale) was almost identical to the newly renovated room given to me by HI Macau ( 26th floor)...About 80% identical...
Old Jul 15, 2009, 12:57 am

Programs: DL PlatMM, BA and Alaska Emerald, HHonors DIA, Accor, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Amb, UA Silver, AA
Question:
CP Changi's web site lists Internet access at S$29/day.
I'm in Changi Airport as I type this, with free WiFi througout.
Can one access the free WiFi from the rooms at the CP or is it too far away? I can see how close it is to the terminal, but am wondering if anyone has firsthand experience.
Thanks!
Old Nov 28, 2009, 12:06 pm

Programs: UA 1K/3.7MM, Hawn Platinum, Hilton Diamond, PC Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Natl Exe Elite
Originally Posted by piotrzdebik
Stayed there for one night on award stay. Got upgraded to a very nice suite with a huge living room. Room service is a bit slow, and you have to pay extra 8 sgd! for espresso at the breakfast buffet Hotel is part of the terminal 3 and all other terminals are accessible within 2 minutes monorail ride. Theres huge choic eof restaurants at the airport with a "city price policy". you can get a whole meal from 3 SGD Mrt to the City takes 30 min and costs around 2 SGD. There's also a really nice pool in the hotel^

Try booking through Friends and family rate. it should be around 120 SGD.
Just stayed at the CP Changi Airport hotel on reward points last week. I was upgraded to a very nice suite too. Room was impressive. Wasn't able to sample the breakfast as I had an early flight. Too bad this program doesn't give club privileges to it's Platinum members like Hilton.
Old Nov 28, 2009, 4:09 pm

Hi all,

Thinking of staying here for one night in January as a stopover.
We need two rooms for the whole family - 2 adults and 3 children.
I have Plat. Ambassador status.
Any suggestions on rooms to book and possible upgrades?

Do CP recognise the Ambassador status, or only the Platinum status?

Thanks
CW
Old Nov 28, 2009, 4:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
I booked a room here last year when doing a stopover. I think I got an upgrade to a corner room, but that's about it.
Old Nov 28, 2009, 7:33 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I have stayed a few times for 1 night stays between flights and have found it a pleasant hotel with good rooms and a v nice swimming pool

Dave
Old Nov 28, 2009, 9:12 pm

Programs: IHG RA; Hyatt D; Marriott P; SPG P;
The best CP I stayed.
Old Nov 28, 2009, 10:02 pm

Originally Posted by cw_uk
...Do CP recognise the Ambassador status, or only the Platinum status?

Thanks
CW
Only your Platinum status counts; so book the cheapest available room and get an upgrade.
Old Nov 29, 2009, 5:04 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
They have definitely improved their treatment of elite members. I stayed there a lot last year, but they never recognized my status. However, during 2 separate stays earlier this month, I was upgraded to a King Suite on both occasions. I booked the cheapest advanced purchase rate. ^
Old Nov 30, 2009, 1:27 am

Hi again,

Where do you find the 'cheapest advanced purchase rate' prices please?

I have in the past booked through an agent using a corporate rate which almost always beats the prices on ihg's PC website.....

Thanks
cw
Old Nov 30, 2009, 1:01 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
I booked using IHG's website. "Advanced Purchase" rate is the cheapest option when you book ahead of time and prepay up front. However, your agent might be able to get a better rate.
Old Dec 1, 2009, 5:20 pm

Programs: AA 'kettle', Marriott Gold, ICH Gld, Hertz 5*
I was just at Changi CP a few weeks ago and got upgraded to a suite on the weekend special rate for a standard room, which was a pre-pay for the first night. The club lounge was 60SGD per night and was open 6:30am-11:00pm and had a great breakfast and snacks and drinks all day and cocktails and hors d'ovres in the evening. Free wireless internet in lounge. Here's a brief video of the suite.

Pat
Old Dec 1, 2009, 11:20 pm

Programs: United 1K, SPG Platinum, PC Gold
haha , people are just so different, I was in Singapore two weeks ago, personally, I liked the design of the hotel, and I think it's nice and neat, kinda trendy!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.