Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CP Singapore Changi Airport Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2009, 10:28 am

Been there for 1 night. Very high tech, if you like it you enjoy it. Wasn't upgraded but the room was nice.

Get lost in the hotel 2 times because of the confussing of the corridors. Pool very nice but very cold water.
Old Apr 12, 2009, 11:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
BTW, we stayed there and liked it.

Last edited by djjaguar64; Apr 12, 2009 at 5:12 pm
Old Apr 12, 2009, 4:05 pm

Programs: BD*G, Priorityclub Platinum Royal Ambassador
Liked it!

We stayed just the one night - very impressed for an airport hotel. As above, couldn't be easier to locate and couldn't be any more convenient. Booked cheapest room and was upgraded to a lovely suite - very modern (my partner loved the fact he could raise the blind between the bathroom/bedroom and watch tv from the tub )

Lounge was very nice and the service was great. A very modern hotel - in our limited experience it would come recommended.
Old Apr 13, 2009, 8:07 am

Had a stay there in January for one night.

The pluses:

+ high tech, modern
+ innovative room designs
+ convenient

The minuses
- at night, hotel is very dark inside like a nightclub
- aircraft noise in the corridors as it is open-concept to the outside
- windows not completely sound proof, could hear aircraft even though I had a room facing away from the tarmac
Old May 12, 2009, 8:03 am

Programs: Royal Ambassador Priority Club, Silver Elite goldpointsplus, Gold SPG, Diamond Hyatt
I have just booked a 1 night stay here, as l need a stopover from Phuket back to Heathrow.

I have booked a King Suite, does anyone know if this is open plan or if the Bedroom is a separate room. Will be travelling with my wife and son.

The reports above and on tripadvisor sound good, will be interesting to see the open air corridors.

Looks like we will be heading to the zoo as we get in at lunchtime and looks like a fun way of using up the rest of the day. Maybe if my 3 year old is up for it going to the night time safari as well.
Old May 12, 2009, 4:50 pm

I'll be checking in today at the CP Changi for the first time. I booked on Great Asia Sale.
Old May 21, 2009, 4:52 am
-DSH-

Programs: BDDC Gold, MR Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, EK Plat
Just a question regarding the CP Changi. I will fly in from BKK and arrive at 23PM, so will be at the hotel 23:30PM-ish (just my carry-on with me). The next day I will be going to Singapore, where I'll stay for 3 nights. Would you pay the extra 35SGD for a Club Room? Guess the HSIA and breakfast in the Club lounge would be handy..

I'm not sure how much continental breakfast is, but if it is anything like other hotels, it'll be outrageously expensive (about 40SGD?), and thus the Club Room would've already paid itself..
Old May 21, 2009, 5:09 am

Originally Posted by -DSH-
Would you pay the extra 35SGD for a Club Room? Guess the HSIA and breakfast in the Club lounge would be handy..
...or you could use the free Wifi at the airport and get breakfast at an airport restaurant for <$5.
Old May 21, 2009, 10:20 am
-DSH-

Originally Posted by jpatokal
...or you could use the free Wifi at the airport and get breakfast at an airport restaurant for <$5.
That would be a possibility, but I prefer to have breakfast in the hotel itself. Hence my question if the club lounge is good - I haven't stayed at a CP/IC hotel yet (only stay at Marriotts) so I don't really know what to expect from this lounge. For example, some Marriott hotels feature great lounges (Asian properties come to mind) while others have pretty poor lounges.
Old May 21, 2009, 6:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Just a question regarding the CP Changi. I will fly in from BKK and arrive at 23PM, so will be at the hotel 23:30PM-ish (just my carry-on with me). The next day I will be going to Singapore, where I'll stay for 3 nights. Would you pay the extra 35SGD for a Club Room? Guess the HSIA and breakfast in the Club lounge would be handy..

I'm not sure how much continental breakfast is, but if it is anything like other hotels, it'll be outrageously expensive (about 40SGD?), and thus the Club Room would've already paid itself..
If you want access to a PC in the evening, you need lounge access as the business centre closes early. However, note that the hotel is directly linked to T3 where there are plenty of eating options for decent prices - there is a Coffee Bean coffee shop within 15 seconds walk of the exit for a start. Depends how hungry you get.

PS. PC members get 5 chocolate doughnuts on a plate as a gift on top of the 2 chocolate cookies! You may not need breakfast!
Old May 22, 2009, 3:27 am
-DSH-

Originally Posted by Raffles
If you want access to a PC in the evening, you need lounge access as the business centre closes early. However, note that the hotel is directly linked to T3 where there are plenty of eating options for decent prices - there is a Coffee Bean coffee shop within 15 seconds walk of the exit for a start. Depends how hungry you get.
Thanks for the tip. I don't necessarily need internet access but it would be handy to check my email, browse the internet for a bit, etc

PS. PC members get 5 chocolate doughnuts on a plate as a gift on top of the 2 chocolate cookies! You may not need breakfast!
I can't stand doughnuts , but thanks for pointing it out!
Old May 23, 2009, 4:46 am

Programs: BAEC Gold; Priority Club Gold
That would be a possibility, but I prefer to have breakfast in the hotel itself.
But as the hotel is literally welded onto the terminal, we are talking an extra one minute walk, completely under cover, from the hotel to a coffee shop. The coffee in the Coffee Bean cafe is far superior as well. Drop down another floor (there are lifts and escalators) and there is a wide range of places, allowing you to eat like a king for about SGD10.

The basic rooms at this CP are very nice indeed. Given your late arrival the extra cost for the Club rooms (which don't even have a good view) is just not worth it.
Old May 23, 2009, 5:16 am
-DSH-

CP Changi or IC Singapore for relaxing?

In another thread I posted my travel plans, but they have changed. Sorry for everything who commented .

I have a stay booked (and paid for) at the Conrad Singapore for July 31st - August 3rd for a few days of Singapore, which includes a few sightseeing things, shopping, etc. The problem is that there is no availability around July 31st, there is availability for an arrival in Singapore for July 28th. As my 3 nights at the Conrad are already enough for things I'd like to do in Singapore, I'm looking for a hotel to relax at.

The CP Changi is about 80EUR cheaper over the three nights. Would you book the IC or the CP? Please keep in mind that the purpose of the hotel is to relax, not necessarily to visit Singapore. The benefit of the IC is ofcourse its location, but as I mentioned earlier, I already have the Conrad booked.

As it is a one-way award, I can't book a stopover on the way to Singapore, so I'll be "stuck" in Singapore for 3 nights. Don't really mind, though .

PS - I already looked at other chains in Singapore, but 120EUR / night for a room (or 90EUR at the CP) with lounge access seems to be unbeatable..
Old May 23, 2009, 6:01 am

I know you're looking to "relax" rather than "explore", but why would you want to spend 3 days at an airport hotel?

Unless you're planning on spending 24/7 in your room sleeping, watching TV and ordering room service, I'd stay at the IC.

Imho I'd only stay at the CP Changi for a lengthy/overnight layover (as I've done previously) or if I had a nearby conference.
Old May 23, 2009, 6:37 am
-DSH-

Originally Posted by uproared
I know you're looking to "relax" rather than "explore", but why would you want to spend 3 days at an airport hotel?

Unless you're planning on spending 24/7 in your room sleeping, watching TV and ordering room service, I'd stay at the IC.

Imho I'd only stay at the CP Changi for a lengthy/overnight layover (as I've done previously) or if I had a nearby conference.
Don't know. Just thought I'd save myself 80-90EUR at an airport hotel, especially since I've read it's a very, very nice hotel. I do have some work to do, so I guess I can stay at the hotel all-day. You do have a point, though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.