Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CP Singapore Changi Airport Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2024, 6:25 am

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist
Stayed here as a Diamond on a free night stay. Was notified I was getting an upgrade. My flight landed at 5pm, and I was checking out at 4am for an early flight. I told the ee of that fact. There were many available rooms to upgrade me to-and I got the least possible. I got a pool view room on the 9th floor. So really no view of the pool, and basically a view of the road. Considering I was checking out so early, and I was in Asia, I thought that pretty poor. I ate in the Italian restaurant, and they wouldn't let me charge my dinner to my room. I thought that a) very strange (I've never had a hotel refuse that before), and b) really poor service. So I wasn't overly thrilled with my stay.
HadesNL likes this.
Old Feb 4, 2024, 6:39 am

Programs: UA1k3.00mm;AAex-EXP;Hy Glob;Acc Plt;HH Dia;Onyx Plt;Mar LT Tit;IHG DiAm;RR P;RRA G;BW D;Hcom G
Originally Posted by Runner123
Stayed here as a Diamond on a free night stay. Was notified I was getting an upgrade. My flight landed at 5pm, and I was checking out at 4am for an early flight. I told the ee of that fact. There were many available rooms to upgrade me to-and I got the least possible. I got a pool view room on the 9th floor. So really no view of the pool, and basically a view of the road. Considering I was checking out so early, and I was in Asia, I thought that pretty poor. I ate in the Italian restaurant, and they wouldn't let me charge my dinner to my room. I thought that a) very strange (I've never had a hotel refuse that before), and b) really poor service. So I wasn't overly thrilled with my stay.
I got an e-mail prior to arrival too that I was getting an ug, but forgot to ask what that meant at check-in. Not sure what my ug was since most all rooms in the old tower are the same? 9th floor is the top floor and where I was too (I didn't want the Jewel Tower bc it's a longer walk and the rooms are smaller (though quieter I think)). My view was of T2 and Jewel, which I liked as I could see the cars come and go.
lsquare and HadesNL like this.
Old Feb 5, 2024, 3:46 am

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist
Supposedly the higher view is an upgrade, but not by much. The room is no bigger, so I don't see how it is. On points, you get a standard room, whatever that is. I took my 600 points instead of the free drink. The guy I talked to ended up buying my dinner as he felt bad that I was going to have to go all the up to my 9th floor room, and back down again, to pay, especially after they let him charge his dinner to his room. I wrote the hotel to complain, and ask for points, but I expect nothing.
Old Apr 4, 2024, 10:56 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 100K, Hyatt Globalist, and Marriott Titanium Member
Lounge access on arrival?

We’re hoping to get a quick shower in once we arrive in Changi. We’re arriving in SQ Business class, but I don’t think the Business lounges allow access in arrivals, unless that’s changed?? We have priority pass also, do Priority pass lounges any of the Priority Pass lounges allow access on arrivals?
Old Apr 4, 2024, 1:57 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Plat, M&M FTL, BA Blue, QR Gold
Originally Posted by sfflyer415
We’re hoping to get a quick shower in once we arrive in Changi. We’re arriving in SQ Business class, but I don’t think the Business lounges allow access in arrivals, unless that’s changed?? We have priority pass also, do Priority pass lounges any of the Priority Pass lounges allow access on arrivals?
If you book a room at the Crowne Plaza, you can shower there to your heart's content.

Otherwise, I'd ask in the Singapore forum.
mosher2k and HadesNL like this.
Old Apr 4, 2024, 2:00 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
This might be helpful as it confirms SQ Business class passengers have no opportunity for an arrival lounge + showers
Singapore Arrivals Lounge
Does Alaska MVP Gold 100K get me arrival lounge access in SIN?
Access to Lounges at SIN upon arrival
Changi Jewel (Arrivals) Lounge Report

However .......

Seems priority pass holders can use upon arrival the (in public area) Jewel 's Changi Lounge
https://milelion.com/2019/07/27/revi...ort-singapore/
It seems to have shower rooms.

Someone comments there
"I just checked in to the Changi Lounge after arriving in Changi Airport an hour ago and with no departure flight.
Used my Priority Pass.
The lounge staff at the entrance confirmed that arrivals are ok so long as within 24 hours, need not even be the same calendar day."

Last edited by HadesNL; Apr 4, 2024 at 2:10 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.