Wiki Posts
Search

Changi Jewel (Arrivals) Lounge Report

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2019, 1:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold/OneWorld Ruby
Changi Jewel (Arrivals) Lounge Report

I landed in SIN at 11:30 PM. At T2. I rushed, rushed, rushed and I made it to the Changi Lounge on the first floor of the Jewel (landside) at 11:58 PM. This is important, because they have a bizarre policy of only allowing you entry if you arrive on the same day of a departing or arriving flight (not within a set period of time, but on the same calendar day). I presented my boarding pass and the lounge dragon scanned my Priority Pass without issue. There was no food at midnight, save some pretzels, cans of soda and bottles of water. The lounge is quiet, but bright, and there are a number of comfortable chairs, long sofas, and ample universal electrical outlets, and of course free and fast WiFi. The toilet is actually out in the mall, but there is a side door for lounge re-entry with a keycode. For those of you who watched the movie Spaceballs, you'll enjoy the lounge re-entry code. I fell asleep for a few hours stretched out on a couch. There are also nap pods, apparently. The lounge dragon didn't wake me, but as soon as I awoke around 6 AM she insisted on scanning my Priority Pass again. A shower is included with the Priority Pass, and I took my shower in the early morning. The shower suite is very large and very nice. I had a hot breakfast (eggs, pancakes, croissant) and was working on my laptop in a nearly empty lounge when the lounge dragon asked me to leave, saying that I had more than used up my second three hour allotment. She was definitely within her rights, but she was quite officious and not hospitable. It was time for me to go to the office anyhow though. If you head into the city via MRT, I recommend switching at Expo station to the Downtown line, even though it is a less convenient transfer than the cross-platform transfer at Tanah Merah station. The westbound trains will be packed at Tanah Merah (during the morning only), while Expo is the start of the Downtown line and so you'll be sure to get a seat.

Overall, I wouldn't recommend spending the night in the lounge, but it can be done. But it is a comfortable lounge with Priority Pass access. If you arrive during the day, however, the are so many excellent dining options at the Jewel, such as Yunnan's, Kam's Roast, Putien, Tsuta Ramen, Din Tai Fung, Shang Social, and others, that if I had time, I would prefer to pay for a meal.
bobovespa, ps107 and antebellum like this.
Old Aug 3, 2019, 5:22 pm

Originally Posted by lipoff
have a bizarre policy of only allowing you entry if you arrive on the same day of a departing or arriving flight (not within a set period of time, but on the same calendar day).
Maybe, not really?

On PP, they said same day 4-hr before departure. Technically u arrived, not departed.

My flight was at 12:30am, they granted me access at 8:15pm(they did check and said close enough)
Old Aug 3, 2019, 5:24 pm

Originally Posted by lipoff
have a bizarre policy of only allowing you entry if you arrive on the same day of a departing or arriving flight (not within a set period of time, but on the same calendar day).
Maybe, not really?

On PP, they said same day 4-hr before departure. Technically u arrived, not departed.

My flight was at 12:30am, they granted me access at 8:15pm(they did check and said close enough)

dinner was a more Asian -themed (chiense soup/entrees)
Old Feb 12, 2020, 4:29 am
Original Poster

No, the Changi Lounge is is both a departures and arrivals lounge. It is landside and explicitly is for arrivals as well. Their Priority Pass contract says that you must have a valid boarding pass for same-day travel and can enter up to four hours before departure. They should just say that you must enter the lounge within four hours of landing as well, and do away with the same-day boarding pass requirement. If you land between midnight and 11 PM, you can use the lounge for sure. If you arrive between 11 PM and 11:40 PM in Terminal 1, you can still probably use the lounge. If you arrive after 11 PM in other Terminals you probably can't. That's absurd.

The lounge dragons are extremely punctilious. I arrived once, out of breath, at 12:10 AM, having landed in another terminal at 11:30 with checked baggage and I was denied entry. I was told to take it up with Priority Pass. I called Priority Pass, spoke to an agent, and they were not helpful at all.
Old Feb 12, 2020, 4:35 am
Suspended

Programs: UA Premier Gold
And that lounge is at the Jewel?
Old Feb 12, 2020, 6:22 am
Original Poster

Yes, the Changi Lounge, as it is known, is on L1 of the Jewel, across from KOI and next to Paris Baguette.

https://www.prioritypass.com/en/loun...-changi-lounge
Old Oct 3, 2022, 1:05 am

I have a flight arriving at 12:30am. Reading that the Changi lounge opens at 8am. Am I allowed to use Priority Pass / Dragan Pass to access the lounge using my arrival boarding pass? Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.