Wiki Posts
Search

Information sought on Holiday Inn, Lima Peru International Airport

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2020, 5:17 pm
Community Director Emerita
Original Poster

Information sought on Holiday Inn, Lima Peru International Airport

Who has stayed at the Lima Airport Holiday Inn? How is it? Is it well maintained? How is the transfer from the airport? Is breakfast included for everyone?
Old Jan 20, 2020, 2:12 pm

Programs: TK Elite+, *A Gold, ITA Executive, SkyTeam Elite Plus, HH Diamond, IHG Spire, Wyndham Diamond
I haven't stayed there, but driven past several times. Easy walk from the arrivals terminal across the parking lot and an avenue (use the pedestrian bridge). The area gets dodgy at night, so don't walk if you venture out beyond the hotel/airport.
SanDiego1K likes this.
Old Jan 20, 2020, 3:56 pm

Programs: DL Plat, PC Spire, Amex Reserve, Hilton Gold
Spent one night upon arrival to Lima. Beautiful hotel with friendly service. No worry! Safe and convenient at a reasonable price. I had earlier read not to try to attempt to walk to the hotel better to take their shuttle. I did not review this property on Tripadvisor, sorry, but write the hotel with your arrival info and they will tell you where to meet them even if around midnight.
Old Jan 20, 2020, 5:21 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium
I stayed here last month. I also would not walk to this hotel because it's across a busy road with no pedestrian crossing. I was told that there would be a bridge opening some time "after Christmas" so if that happens, it would make it walkable.

When I called the hotel, the information was not super clear and I found the shuttle by chance with the help of a friendly taxi driver. My understanding is that when you arrive at the airport, you have to go to the Taxi Direct counter (if arriving internationally, this is in the area where the hotel desks are, just after customs and before you exit into the main part of the terminal; if arriving domestically, it is just after baggage claim before you exit the terminal). The representatives will take you to the shuttle, which stops in a not-so-obvious spot just outside the terminal.

I don't remember for sure, but I don't think breakfast was included automatically. We left super early and grabbed something in the airport lounge.
SanDiego1K likes this.
Old Jan 20, 2020, 8:55 pm
Community Director Emerita
Original Poster

I'm trying to track down an email for the hotel so that I can clarify the transfer from the airport to the hotel. Bora Kup appears to be the GM but I've had no success in finding his email either. Can anyone help?
Old Jan 20, 2020, 9:06 pm

Programs: IHG Rewards, United Mileage Plus, AAdvantage
My daughter lives in Cusco and so members of our family have stayed there several times, including the 4th night they were open Since travel to/from Cusco can easily mean an overnight in Lima due to the timing of international flights, it's good to have this option.

The previous posters have hit the main points. It's a really nice property with excellent service (I stay in a lot of IHG properties--Spire elite); the location can't be beat. The food I've had there (dinner on the first stay) was very good, especially for a kitchen just starting up.

Post No. 4 says what to do to get to the hotel: to the far right (facing the windows out of the terminal) into the limo/taxi area. I would contact the hotel for information as to which service to use; the hotel is extremely responsive and helpful. It's not clear to me that you could walk there.

I am pretty sure we called the hotel to ask what shuttle to use amongst the bunch that operate from that terminal.
SanDiego1K likes this.
Old Jan 21, 2020, 4:47 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium
[email protected] is the email address that shows in the app.
SanDiego1K likes this.
Old Jan 21, 2020, 7:52 pm

Programs: DL Plat, PC Spire, Amex Reserve, Hilton Gold
While flying earlier today I was reading my IPAD and found notes regarding my earlier PERU trip. Here is what had regarding the HI Peru airport:

A hotel representative responded back that she registered my flight and that I was to go to the CMV counter in the airport and she attached a map. Also included was a confirmation number. CMV is the CMV taxi booth, just as a point of reference inside the airport. The location contains a bank of taxi and transportation services. Ask the hotel for a map of the location. CMV had my name and took me to the hotel, most likely because it was 1AM in the morning. 1 yawn and you are at your hotel! CMV uses black town cars and SUV's. CMV is just after customs but before you enter the main meeting hall. Your experience might be different. Point is the hotel made my feel safe and comfortable and they communicated very well.

PTY1K was right on with the email. I had something similar with [email protected] I cc'd [email protected] as well
SanDiego1K likes this.
Old Jan 21, 2020, 8:08 pm

Programs: tk gold, lh ftl, ab gold
Here's my review. It's in Russian, but at least you can see the pics.
https://cariverga.com/review-holiday-inn-lima-airport/
I thought it was fine for a short stay. Very clean, modern, great wifi, free shuttle. I didn't have breakfast, so can't comment.
SanDiego1K likes this.
Old Nov 18, 2021, 1:54 pm

Location: Catania, Sicily/South Jersey (PHL)/Houston, Texas/Red Stick/airborne in-between
Programs: United Global Svs, AA PlatPro, WN RR, AZ/ITA Freccia, Hilton Diam, Bonvoy Gold, Hertz Prez, IHG
Hello, pardon the bump but just curious if anyone has stayed here post covid? I am staying there for family one night, or really one morning once I get there this coming weekend.
Is there a walkway now or still shuttle?

Thanks for any tips if you have them,
FH
Old Nov 29, 2021, 8:51 pm

Location: Catania, Sicily/South Jersey (PHL)/Houston, Texas/Red Stick/airborne in-between
Programs: United Global Svs, AA PlatPro, WN RR, AZ/ITA Freccia, Hilton Diam, Bonvoy Gold, Hertz Prez, IHG
FWIW to follow-up, I did one night, or really one morning there a bit over a week ago. Thanks to United my midnight arriving flight at LIM was a 2am arriving flight at LIM. Got the shuttle bus which is arranged at a specific taxi stand as you exit baggage claim. (The hotel emailed me a guide that morning.) Walking it would be tricky as the main road roundabout is just in front of the hotel. The hotel itself was fine and the comp breakfast buffet was good with many good local options and some int'l standards to choose from also. The neighbourhood behind the hotel is not good and multiple staff mentioned to not even take a phone if walking there. We were going to walk to church but due to timing ended going elsewhere, but everyone was adamant about not leaving the hotel. Shuttle bus was easy to arrange back to the airport for a national flight later in the day. Kudos to the staff as all were friendly, engaging, and helpful.
gadberry likes this.
Old Apr 24, 2022, 8:38 am

I normally wouldn't take the time to write about an airport Holiday Inn, but this is an exception.

One night, free night cert, Platinum. Hotel shuttle is free. I can only speak for a domestic arrival. Exit baggage claim and go to the Directo Taxi desk. The desk will arrange shuttle for you. Runs every 15 minutes (but I don't think 24/7).

I did see some walk-ins from the airport. That walk would have been treacherous, FYI; two traffic circles to dodge along the way.

Every staff member, from the front desk, to security, to the bellhop, to the F&B staff were fantastic.

I am a credit card Platinum and never have any expectations at a HI. Upgraded to a corner room on the top floor with a full view of the airport and a window that opens. Huge room with a very nice recliner placed well enough to enjoy the airport views. I had dinner, a burger, but the meat was not that great. I'd recommend something else. In the morning, I went downstairs to buy a cup of coffee and maybe a breakfast sandwich. Only the buffet was available. I asked her how much. 'What is your room number?' 'You have complimentary breakfast and I'll get you a takeaway box.' 'Would you like coffee to go?' 'Yes, please.' I'll prepare your coffee while you get your food. Service with a smile! (My reservation did not state anywhere that breakfast was included; I did see some people paying, so I guess an IHG Rewards benefit?)

There is a coffee make in the room, but the cord is so short, it does not reach any of the outlets. Not sure how it is supposed to be used.

FYI...

Last edited by lamphs; Apr 24, 2022 at 8:54 am
Old Oct 12, 2022, 10:01 am

Just stayed here one night using points. Breakfast wasn't included on reward reservations. Airport shuttle is supposed to run every 15 minutes but it depends on the demand - waited a shuttle for 25 minutes from the airport to the hotel around the noon (obvious off-hours). My plan was to drop off bags and explorer the city for half-day but getting uber was extremely hard from the hotel with multiple drivers reject my booking. One of the front desk employees was able to arrange a taxi. And getting a taxi coming back early evening was challenging as well because drivers didn't want to drive through the traffic. The stay itself was fantastic but if anyone plans to visit the city, I would find a hotel in the city because arranging transportation between the airport and any hotel is much easier than between an off-airport hotel and the city.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.