Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Crowne Plaza Copenhagen Towers Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2010, 5:36 pm

Programs: BA, Airmiles, BMI, HH (Gold), Hyatt (Plat), IHG (Plat Amb), Marriott (Silver), A Club
Welcome back Allan,

It's good to see you back on here although I am a little disappointed that my earlier post #36 from December last year has not elicited a definitive response.

We're finalising our trip for this December and I have to say that so far the Hilton is looking the prefered choice but we remain open to persuasion..........

M & M
Old Mar 23, 2010, 2:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by aagerholm
Following the earlier review concerning PCR benefits, I have ensured that we adhere 100% to these - particularly paying attention to the promise of: "Complimentary room upgrades (subject to availability)".

As you already booked an Executive Club Room, next room level is a Suite, of which we only have 4, which makes upgrade opportunities very limited.

I am sorry that we could not offer this on this occasion, but as you could tell from the receptionist (who obviously got it wrong - and thought the supervisor already upgraded you to Exec. Club Room) - we do have an upgrade policy in place which you would have enjoyed if availability had permitted.
I very much doubt that a nearly empty hotel has full occupancy of its suites...

And what about club access for Plat?

As for the price - as I am sure you know - pricing i dynamic these days, but I can asure you that the price of an Exec. Club Room was not less on the day than the Advance Purchase - the system simply does not allow this.
The best flexible rate was 45 Kronen less than the price I paid (booked 2 months ago), as shown on the IHG Internet site (I checked the day I was at hotel, after having been said that I was upgraded to an executive room by the staff, wondering if I had really booked an executive room or not)
Old Mar 23, 2010, 6:24 am

Programs: IHG
Dear Nicolas,

Thank you for your message and thank you for taking the time to review your experience with us.

I was pleased to read that your overall satisfaction with the stay was good, although you did not like the interior of our rooms and certain parts of the hotel.

That is of course sad, but I am pleased to say that we are generally getting very positive feed-back.

As for the location - most of our guests are finding that it is actually much more convenient to stay on the edge of town as traffic and logistics is much more efficient

Following the earlier review concerning PCR benefits, I have ensured that we adhere 100% to these - particularly paying attention to the promise of: "Complimentary room upgrades (subject to availability)".

As you already booked an Executive Club Room, next room level is a Suite, of which we only have 4, which makes upgrade opportunities very limited.

I am sorry that we could not offer this on this occasion, but as you could tell from the receptionist (who obviously got it wrong - and thought the supervisor already upgraded you to Exec. Club Room) - we do have an upgrade policy in place which you would have enjoyed if availability had permitted.

As for the price - as I am sure you know - pricing i dynamic these days, but I can asure you that the price of an Exec. Club Room was not less on the day than the Advance Purchase - the system simply does not allow this.

I am sorry that you were not entirely happy with your stay. The room decor is not going to change, but we may add some greenery to the public areas as the hotel evolve, and I do hope we will be able to welcome you back and the we may be able to deliver on our PCR upgrade promise.

Regards
Allan
I have a reservation over easter for three nights at this hotel. The advance purchase rate is already cheaper now than when i booked 10 weeks ago. this shouldn't be allowed to happen.
Old Mar 23, 2010, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by turner32
I have a reservation over easter for three nights at this hotel. The advance purchase rate is already cheaper now than when i booked 10 weeks ago. this shouldn't be allowed to happen.
It seems that the occupancy rate of the hotel is currently very low (less than 15% the day I stayed there), so the "pricing is dynamic" (read: rates are getting down).

You should ask to be paid back for the difference, and I should do the same (my reservation made on 16th January indicates DKK 1396.0 for a KING EXECUTIVE NONSMOKING / advance purchase; it is now DKK 1345 for best flexible rate, and DKK 1076.0 for advance purchase)
Old Mar 23, 2010, 12:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Why not?

I never book AP rates far in advance for this very reason.
Old Mar 23, 2010, 1:31 pm

Programs: IHG
[QUOTE=soitgoes;13632381]Why not?

I never book AP rates far in advance for this very reason.[/QUOTE

Well, what's the point in having an advance rate, then? Surely, it is designed to reward customers for booking and paying early, and to give them an incentive to do so. That incentive is lost when the prices begin to decrease, nearer the time.
Old Mar 23, 2010, 2:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LH Sen, Starwood Amb, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Monkey & Minkey
Welcome back Allan,

We're finalising our trip for this December and I have to say that so far the Hilton is looking the prefered choice but we remain open to persuasion..........

M & M
Unless there is a huge price differential, you should definitely go for the Hilton! The rooms are superior, and access to public transport is better.
Old Mar 23, 2010, 3:06 pm

Originally Posted by nicolas75
I very much doubt that a nearly empty hotel has full occupancy of its suites...

And what about club access for Plat?

The best flexible rate was 45 Kronen less than the price I paid (booked 2 months ago), as shown on the IHG Internet site (I checked the day I was at hotel, after having been said that I was upgraded to an executive room by the staff, wondering if I had really booked an executive room or not)
Hi Nicolas,

Seeing that you already had Club Room access with your Club Room, I don't understand what more you expect.

There may have been a general price reduction between your advance purchase date and the actual stay date. This is very normal, and you see this also with flight tickets as demand vary. This is unfortunately the way things work these days and therefore the risk you run when buying AP prices.

Regards
Allan
Old Mar 23, 2010, 3:15 pm

Originally Posted by Monkey & Minkey
Welcome back Allan,

It's good to see you back on here although I am a little disappointed that my earlier post #36 from December last year has not elicited a definitive response.

M & M
Hi M&M,

Sorry - I overlooked your post "36".

Well, as I have said a few times before, we will do our utmost to provide an upgrade to next level rooms.

With 39 Club Rooms out of 366 - the booking og a Deluxe Room will most of the time result in an upgrade - but I cannot guarantee this.

Other than that - we will provide a great stay for you. Besides the upgrade issue with Nicolas - try checking the other on-line reviews - I think we do quite okay.

As for the choice between Hilton Hhonors and PCR - I encourage you to check the latest changes to the points system of HH - I think you will find PCR much better.

Regards
Allan
Old Mar 23, 2010, 3:22 pm

Originally Posted by nicolas75
It seems that the occupancy rate of the hotel is currently very low (less than 15% the day I stayed there), so the "pricing is dynamic" (read: rates are getting down).

You should ask to be paid back for the difference, and I should do the same (my reservation made on 16th January indicates DKK 1396.0 for a KING EXECUTIVE NONSMOKING / advance purchase; it is now DKK 1345 for best flexible rate, and DKK 1076.0 for advance purchase)
I am sorry that you comment on our rate structure without understanding how it is put together.

Yes - you can get an AP of DKK1076 in "need" periods - Easter weeks is a good example.

Try other dates: 12th April the AP for Club is DKK1229; 23rd April it is DKK1739.

This is what dynamic pricing is all about.

Regards
Allan

PS: OCC was more than 15% on the day and all of the 4 suites were sold / upgraded.
Old Mar 23, 2010, 3:28 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, GHA Titanium, Melia Silver
If no club acess is provided I would consider a "breakfast voucher" and one level upgrade as a good reason to go to this property. Free Pay-TV policy (similar to Ambassador benefit) would be also a "nice to have" option.
Old Mar 23, 2010, 3:36 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, GHA Titanium, Melia Silver
If no club acess is provided I would consider a "breakfast voucher" and one level upgrade as a good reason to go to this property. Free Pay-TV policy (similar to Ambassador benefit) would be also a "nice to have" option.
Old Mar 23, 2010, 5:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Well, what's the point in having an advance rate, then? Surely, it is designed to reward customers for booking and paying early, and to give them an incentive to do so. That incentive is lost when the prices begin to decrease, nearer the time.
AP rates represent a discount off the Best Flex at the time the booking is made. It offers a way to lock in that savings. However, because rates are always changing, buying an AP far in advance locks you in and I don't advise it unless the savings are really high and rates are unlikely to drop.
Old Mar 23, 2010, 5:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bumburuck
+1
Old Mar 23, 2010, 6:01 pm

Programs: BA, Airmiles, BMI, HH (Gold), Hyatt (Plat), IHG (Plat Amb), Marriott (Silver), A Club
Originally Posted by Sphinx
Unless there is a huge price differential, you should definitely go for the Hilton! The rooms are superior, and access to public transport is better.
Thanks for the advice, much appreciated. ^

My current Gold HHonours status for the year might as well be used since an upgrade is part of my in-hotel benefit package and I may not requalify. This together with the continuing uncertainty as to what benefits Platinum PCR members WILL receive at the CP Copenhagen Towers is somewhat persuasive.

Sorry Allan but I need a more compelling reason than "we try" as regards upgrades etc.

M & M

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.