Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC Bora Bora Le Moana Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2019, 9:19 am

Originally Posted by eknock007
Update:

I was upgraded to an Overwater Lagoon Bungalow for XPF25,553 per night. Me and my wife had a combination of paid, points, and free nights reservations (8 nights). Didn't have to pre-pay, but all of our reservations were updated to show an Overwater Lagoon Bungalow. We are going to be there in April during spring break, so I figured the hotel will be at near capacity so I didn't want to wait till I showed up to inquire about paid upgrades.Just for curiosity, I tried to do a dummy booking for an Overwater Lagoon Bungalow for the dates I am going to be there and there are no rooms in that category available to book., only Horizon Overwater Bugalows.
If you have the IHG credit card you get the 4th night free. But you need to have that at the time of booking. Well worth the $89 annual cost. Also includes no annual fee thevfirst year...no I don’t get commission for the referral.

TD
Old Feb 10, 2019, 12:34 pm

No awards nights anymore?

Seems like they don’t release award nights anymore. None of the date is available, no matter how far out or how close you go. Does anyone have any insights?

Last edited by disabuse888; Feb 10, 2019 at 12:37 pm Reason: Typo
Old Feb 10, 2019, 1:08 pm

Originally Posted by disabuse888
Seems like they don’t release award nights anymore. None of the date is available, no matter how far out or how close you go. Does anyone have any insights?
Keep looking. Unless something has changed some will come available. You just have to be diligent.

TD
Old Feb 10, 2019, 7:40 pm

Originally Posted by Traveler Dave

Keep looking. Unless something has changed some will come available. You just have to be diligent.

TD
I have been looking intensively in the past few weeks. 0 night come available for Le Moana. Even Thalasso has availability come up. Even strange, there’s no availability even for the next few weeks. Normally, last mins availability is not hard for Le Moana in low season.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 3:54 pm

I have one night here next week - how do I go inquiring about an upgrade to an OWB? Is there a contact at the resort and what are the rates approx?
Old Mar 19, 2019, 1:31 pm

I have been looking intensively in the past few weeks. 0 night come available for Le Moana. Even Thalasso has availability come up. Even strange, there’s no availability even for the next few weeks. Normally, last mins availability is not hard for Le Moana in low season.
This property used to release tons of reward nights but now no availability for the next 4 months... I wonder why.
Old Apr 1, 2019, 5:31 pm

Have being look for it for months, yet got nothing.

Do they really satisfy the minimum 5% reward night rule set by IHG? If not, is there any way for us to submit a complaint for that?
Old Apr 15, 2019, 3:11 am

It is clear that this is not according to IHG's promise. However, I doubt that corporate actually cares. Or even worse, might be possible that they have permission to not follow suit.
Old Jul 2, 2019, 5:02 am

Has anyone visited recently? I went in 2015, but only stayed one night, and was upgraded to OWB. Wondering if anyone has been upgraded lately, especially those with AMB status?
Old Jul 2, 2019, 5:14 pm

Originally Posted by tylerc
Has anyone visited recently? I went in 2015, but only stayed one night, and was upgraded to OWB. Wondering if anyone has been upgraded lately, especially those with AMB status?
We were there last Summer as Spire AMB and offered a free upgrade. Turned it down as we wanted the beach. Talked to several staying there and they were also offered.

TD
Old Jul 3, 2019, 5:12 pm

Originally Posted by Traveler Dave

We were there last Summer as Spire AMB and offered a free upgrade. Turned it down as we wanted the beach. Talked to several staying there and they were also offered.

TD
Thanks Dave - how many nights were you staying? On my last visit I was only there 1 night, so I figured it wasn't a stretch to get the upgrade in that scenario.

How did you like the beach villa? Did you also stay at Thalasso or anywhere else while in BOB?
Old Jul 3, 2019, 10:41 pm

Originally Posted by tylerc
Thanks Dave - how many nights were you staying? On my last visit I was only there 1 night, so I figured it wasn't a stretch to get the upgrade in that scenario. How did you like the beach villa? Did you also stay at Thalasso or anywhere else while in BOB?
We stayed 4 nights then a week at the Conrad last Summer. Year before we spent a week at Thalasso. We really like the beach villa having done they”OW thing”. We also had our 9 year old with us. So having a “yard” to play in right off the room is nice us. For a couple the small-ish deck off the OW rooms is plenty, but kids like to run.

TD

Old Nov 5, 2019, 9:01 am

Programs: DL DM, IHG Spire, Marriott Platinum, National EE
So, I'm hoping to find award space next May and I'm fully aware that dates aren't released until four months out. But then I searched for regular revenue booking space and the vast majority of May (and much of April) are apparently totally booked already? This strikes me as odd because I've never seen Le Moana completely booked this far out in any month? For what it's worth, March and June are completely available with the exception of one day each month.

Anyone ever seen something similar here? Hoping it's just some sort of glitch in the system.

Old Nov 5, 2019, 9:13 am

However, if I change the search to one day at a time instead of four consecutive days, availability looks like this. Makes no sense to me.

Old Nov 14, 2019, 9:32 pm

Originally Posted by rdh0924
However, if I change the search to one day at a time instead of four consecutive days, availability looks like this. Makes no sense to me.

Finally heard back from the hotel. They claim to be fully booked for the month of May. I honestly wonder if they’re simply trying to push business to Thalasso at higher rates until it gets closer to May. I just have a hard time believing every room is booked for the entire month half a year out.
cuthroat likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.