Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC Presidente Mexico City Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2014, 1:47 am

Programs: IB PL, IHG PM, FB GD
Today the highest floor available after renovation is 19th. The rest of the floors 20th, etc are still the old design. The new design is very nice. If you can access the club on floor 39th you have also access to higher floor rooms. Those rooms are equipped with espresso machines. But on the other side the AC might be noisy and not very good. Your decision.
Old Feb 23, 2015, 3:27 am

InterContinental Mexico City Vs. InterContinental Mexico City Santa Fe

Greetings,

My mother and I are planning a mother-son holiday in Mexico City during Easter and we are looking to stay at either the Intercontinental Mexico City OR the Intercontinental Mexico City Santa Fe.

Currently we are opting for the Santa Fe more because its significantly cheaper however the price for 5 nights at the Mexico City property isnt neccessarily bad either, but the Santa Fe seems to have gotten better reviews on Trip Advisor, it has the Palm Steakhouse which we are both fans of, and has spa/gym which we will both use.

Question is- The distances. Will we be THAT far away (IE: expensive cab rides everywhere) from the major touristic sites/shopping/etc? I also plan to do some night clubbing in the gay district so would like to be relatively close to these clubs/pubs.

Mom is more interested in shopping/museums/culture, whereas I will be hitting up the night life.

I dont want to have to spend a fortune on taxis each day. Please advise as we havent been in many years and are a bit out of the loop with distances/cab costs/etc.
Old Feb 23, 2015, 8:21 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Matre-plongeur des Muccis
The IC Presidente Mexico City is very close to Reforma Ave. and the famed National Museum of Anthropology and History, not far from Chapultepc Park, and the famed Rufino Tamayo Center for Contemporary Art. Not very far from Tom's Leather Bar and Cabar Tito, according to Seor Google.

The IC Santa F is adjacent to a major motorway, close to Sam's Club. IMO, not exactly in the center of action, art or much else.

De mi parte, no-brainer: Santa F is a non-starter (iirc there is a branch of El Cardenal "tpico" restaurant in the area, but that doesn't add much, IMO). I can't vouch for these sites and their recommendations, but check:

http://mexicocity.gaycities.com/bars/

http://mexicocity.gaycities.com

http://www.outtraveler.com/exclusive...ay-mexico-city

As flugvernugen says, it's less about distance than it is about truly stifling traffic conditions. You can walk to a number of places from the IC Pres., have to cab it from Santa F in sometimes execrable traffic - that was the area my sister had to drive through too often and ugh! (OTOH, for business stays in the Santa F area, I'd make different recomm dating perhaps.)

As you're comparing to InterConti properties, we may move this to the best forum for knowledgeable input. Let me know if you wish it so.

/Moderator

Last edited by JDiver; Feb 23, 2015 at 8:42 am
Old Feb 23, 2015, 8:24 am

Originally Posted by danielmadrid07
Question is- The distances. Will we be THAT far away (IE: expensive cab rides everywhere) from the major touristic sites/shopping/etc? I also plan to do some night clubbing in the gay district so would like to be relatively close to these clubs/pubs.

Mom is more interested in shopping/museums/culture, whereas I will be hitting up the night life.
It is not a question of distance (it is not THAT far), but a question of time - it can potentially take you hours to go from Santa Fe to other places in the city... unless you have business in Santa Fe, I would strongly advise against staying there if your main interests are museums and gay nightlife.

That said, cabs are cheaper than in the US, and Uber also works well.
Old Feb 23, 2015, 12:02 pm

Programs: AM, UA, AA
I've stayed in both

Santa Fe is more modern.
Mexico City is in the middle of everything for tourism, theater, dinner and downtown.

I would suggest Mexico City
Old Feb 23, 2015, 12:27 pm

Gracias! The Chilanguera is in favor of the IC Mexico City. (Yo tambin soy...)
Old Jul 28, 2015, 10:00 am

Programs: Somewhere in my wallet
Just another voice in favor of what has already been said here. There is NO reason to stay in Santa Fe, unless you have meetings or business to do out there. It's a very sterile area remote from the vibrant areas of Mexico City, and absolutely dead at night.
Old Jul 30, 2015, 3:12 pm

Moved to the IHC Forum for further information and as a resource.

JDiver
Senior Moderator
Old Jul 30, 2015, 5:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by GatoAndaluz
....There is NO reason to stay in Santa Fe, unless you have meetings or business to do out there. ..
The very important weekend pull towards Santa Fe is the cheapness of the IC there over the expensive IC in the city: and some folk just have to stay in ICs
Old Apr 3, 2017, 9:49 pm

Programs: UA 1K, 1MM; IHG Spire; HH Diamond; Marriott Gold (UA); National Executive Elite
Any recent stays at this place? Planning a few days vacation with the missus in the heart of the city in May.

I've stayed in a couple of other places in the area (Marriott Reforma, Hampton Inn Old Town). I loved both of those hotels but I'm outta points, it's IHG only right now.

The Presidente was a logical option, but I was really surprised to read the fairly negative reviews. I do note that many of the reviews are quite a few years ago, so maybe things have improved?

My alternatives are the Holiday Inn Zona Rosa and Holiday Inn Express Reforma.

Recommendations?
Old Apr 4, 2017, 2:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by Motorskills
The Presidente was a logical option, but I was really surprised to read the fairly negative reviews. I do note that many of the reviews are quite a few years ago, so maybe things have improved?

Recommendations?
The IC Presidente is a bit of a mixed bag: i find the public areas an odd mix of formality and discomfort. Rooms are OK, but there have been some wacky attempts to make the more "prestige" rooms high-tech. If you are scaling the heights, the lounge is extremely plush.

The Polanco area is comfortable for visitors who want a degree of insulation from everyday Mexico. "Upscale" is an understatement

If you have status or lots of cash you'll be well taken care of. If not you could probably find much better value elsewhere.

I rate the Zona Rosa property: though it's a little quirky in style, its location is central, busy and convenient - and it offers excellent value.
Old Apr 4, 2017, 2:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by Motorskills
Any recent stays at this place? Planning a few days vacation with the missus in the heart of the city in May.

I've stayed in a couple of other places in the area (Marriott Reforma, Hampton Inn Old Town). I loved both of those hotels but I'm outta points, it's IHG only right now.

Recommendations?
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/27089377-post211.html

Holiday Inn Express has very convenient location, comfortable rooms (but you can dorget breakfast)
Old Apr 4, 2017, 3:27 am

Programs: BD*G, A3*G, BA-S, Accor Gold, IHG Amb
Nothing recent, but just remember that The Presidente is the name of the managment company and there are two IC The Presidente in Mexico City - or rather one is in the city, one is on the edge. Make sure you're looking at the right one...don't make the mistake I made!
Old Jun 16, 2017, 1:14 pm

Programs: UA 1K, DL Gold, IHG Diamond AMB, MR Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, National EE
Has anyone ever stayed in the Presidential Suite Diego Rivera? The pictures look amazing!! I mean look at that shower! The suite has it's own wine cellar, private pool, jacuzzi, terrace, etc. At nearly $15,000 per night I doubt it has ever been given as an RA upgrade, but I was curious to see if anyone has ever stayed in it or seen it in person.
Attached Images    
Old Jun 18, 2017, 3:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by TravelTheWorld66
Has anyone ever stayed in the Presidential Suite Diego Rivera? The pictures look amazing!! I mean look at that shower! The suite has it's own wine cellar, private pool, jacuzzi, terrace, etc. At nearly $15,000 per night I doubt it has ever been given as an RA upgrade, but I was curious to see if anyone has ever stayed in it or seen it in person.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.